Page 17 of 200 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Maybe the edits are so screwed up because instead of showing us the best of Brantal and/or Bremily, they're showing us the worst of Brad. TPTB must think they're doing Brad's therapist a service by showing him exactly what he still needs to work on!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;4195030;
    Maybe the edits are so screwed up because instead of showing us the best of Brantal and/or Bremily, they're showing us the worst of Brad. TPTB must think they're doing Brad's therapist a service by showing him exactly what he still needs to work on!
    I seriously love this theory because it's so freakin true. Last night he was awkward and wimpy with Emily, distant with Shawntel, annoyed by Ashley, and confused/insensitive with Chantal. The girls are fine, a little annoying and boring, but overall okay, the main issue is Brad.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195015;
    Even add in the skeptical/mean all important Daddy whose approval is paramount to the contestant. Roberto's daddy wanted her to stay barefoot and pop out some Martinezes. Chantal's daddy and big house are going to intimidate poor doofus Bradley.

This crap writes itself.

Lol. Oh yeah... Big Daddy O'Brien is not going to like Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4194911;
    Her friends have said that Emily has a personality and is alot of fun we are just seeing what TPTB want us to see. Plus some have us have seen her cute adorable personality you just have to be paying very close attention to notice it. I have no clue why TPTB are editing her to be so boring but like I said if you watch closely her personality it there. I also wonder why the only screentime we see of Emily is on her dates why do we never see her chilling with the girls when we all know they love her

I honestly think Emily is one of those to not get caught up in the drama. Many of the other girls run, jump and scream with excitement every time some little thing happens, and I just think Emily is more reserved..doesn't mean she isn't enthusiastic or excited, just doesn't express it like some of the other women. I think that is also true with showing affection. I get the impression that she is waiting for Brad to take the initiative, she's not going to gush over him until she knows where she stands with him.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4194877;
    Honestly, I also think that it sometimes looks so odd and painful. And I'm a fan! But I really think they both can let loose around each other and all, they just choose not to show us that side. I have no idea why, but it's just how it is. Of course it's also JMO.
    Not to compare myself to these people on tv, but I know when I dated my love - I was so nervous and anxious in my body language, but I have to say that all I thought about was jumping his bones. Being a lady, I of course did not do it. But boy did I wish, did I wish.

Sometimes, the awkwardness, being tense and worry are natural body chemistry and behavior- does not mean there is nothing. Sometimes, the loosey, goosey behavior is also a sign of comfort where there is no committed obligation and the body is in relax mode.

Its all relative and can apply to anyone. Everyone have they own way of behaving around people. It relativity.

My non-spoiled co-worker told me today that she's going to be really mad if Brad doesn't pick Emily. She's totally bought into the edit of Emily and Chantal. She doesn't want to know anything so I just mentioned that they edit the show to make you think what they want you to think. She feels that they cut out things from their date but didn't really think about them doing it with anyone else.

That makes me think that I am correct that the edit is pushing people to think that Brad picks Emily and not Chantal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;4195032;
    Lol. Oh yeah... Big Daddy O'Brien is not going to like Brad.
    The description says that Brad has to win the approval of Chantal's parents and conquer his nerves (or something like that). That sounded familiar, so I started looking, and lo and behold, I found something familiar on the clip about DeAnna's visit to Jesse's parents:

....But will she conquer her potential in-laws as easily as she learned to snowboard? The Bachelorette attempts to win over Jesse's parents at a nerve-wracking dinner...

Jesse was their only child, and they had been married a long time before they were able to have him. They were just as plain and sweet-natured as could be!

There was no conquering or nerves involved!!

Brad will be fine.

Also, Jason had to "win the approval" of Molly's parents. That is when they played the hat game. So much for approval.....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

What struck me with the edit last night is how LOUD they played the music. At times I had a hard time hearing the spoken words. Did they think dramatic music would cover up the dull parts?

I think the edit is right on track for this time in the show. Last week Chantal was elevated, this week Emily is elevated. They have now shown two viable F1 candidates. Next week will start the downward arc for one of them while the other will continue an upward climb. Each woman has her own story as it relates to Brad, so there will be a few bumps and hurdles for each of them. The start of the downward arc for the F2 may only be noticed in hindsight as both will continue to interact with Brad until the FRC; but it will begin this next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4195042;
    [/B]

I honestly think Emily is one of those to not get caught up in the drama. Many of the other girls run, jump and scream with excitement every time some little thing happens, and I just think Emily is more reserved..doesn't mean she isn't enthusiastic or excited, just doesn't express it like some of the other women. I think that is also true with showing affection. I get the impression that she is waiting for Brad to take the initiative, she's not going to gush over him until she knows where she stands with him.
    Emily also said that this was becoming real to her and realized that she could get hurt so her walls were up. IMO, Brad did everything he needed to do to shore up a HTD. That's how I viewed their date.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;4195074;
    Emily also said that this was becoming real to her and realized that she could get hurt so her walls were up. IMO, Brad did everything he needed to do to shore up a HTD. That's how I viewed their date.
    I think so too, he was determined to make her feel comfortable and agree to it. Regardless of Emily being F1 or F2, I do think Brad has great respect and admiration for her, and I think that's pretty sweet