Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I think just like Ashley fell in love with Brad on their first date and got cursed with the first 1:1 possesive issue, Brad felt the same way about Ashley because she was his first and first great date to boot. Even when their relationship withered away to nothing somewhere around CR, they still remembered that great first date and hoped to recreate the spark.

As for the edit stats, I have to think that pre-Anguilla Chantal was F1 and post-Anguilla, he had switched over to Emily because she become more of a "sure thing" for him. I'm sure post-show he's going to tell us it was Emily all along and he never, ever wavered or had any other plan in mind just like some of the worst offenders ever (Jillian with Reid, Ali with Frank) but I didn't buy it with the Bettes and I won't buy it in this case either.
    very good point

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Does the arrangement of the picture frames pre-RC tell the same story?

Also, do we believe Brad made up his mind before speaking with Ashley, or might he have decided differently if she had handled that last convo better?
    There isn't a pre-rose Fantasy Date ceremony pic from Ali's season with the picture frames for me to compare Brad's season.

However, the toasts are identical as well as the RC. In both the RC and the toast, Chantal and ChrisL are now to the left, and Emily and Roberto are to the right.

If you want the honest truth, I think he knew before they lined up. I think he knew from the night before. Now, it is possible - maybe - that Ashley indeed was F2 in his mind going into the Fantasy Dates. He sure did express him strongly concerning her exit. That was the first time that I considered that I just might have underestimated how Brad really felt about Ashley.[/QUOTE]

I think Ashley's HTD reminded him of the girl he really connected with on their very first date. Alive happy and full of life. He seemed to want to be close to Ashley on her HTD. He really liked everything about the date. It was just obvious to me. But, heck what do I know.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

I'm not convinced that Ashley was f2 in Brad's mind unless he was thinking about keeping her because she seemed less into him. Doesn't quite fit with what he said but it seems like she was going home from the time their FD started and they both knew it. Hard to keep her around after that. I think the actual f2 were the ones he had the strongest feelings for.

Still having trouble with the edit & allowing in Brad telling Emily that he was falling in love with her. It could be a twist or could be they decided to let a bit of romance/love into their edit only to take it away in the previews. Showing Emily/SIL hugging a crying Brad certainly makes us think it's Emily perhaps leaving. Even one of my non-spoiled friends noticed it. I know it's looking like Emily and probably will be but think that it could have gone either way with this edit. The good thing is that I can go into the finale not worrying too much what happens.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I'm not convinced that Ashley was f2 in Brad's mind unless he was thinking about keeping her because she seemed less into him. Doesn't quite fit with what he said but it seems like she was going home from the time their FD started and they both knew it. Hard to keep her around after that. I think the actual f2 were the ones he had the strongest feelings for.

Still having trouble with the edit & allowing in Brad telling Emily that he was falling in love with her. It could be a twist or could be they decided to let a bit of romance/love into their edit only to take it away in the previews. Showing Emily/SIL hugging a crying Brad certainly makes us think it's Emily perhaps leaving. Even one of my non-spoiled friends noticed it. I know it's looking like Emily and probably will be but think that it could have gone either way with this edit. The good thing is that I can go into the finale not worrying too much what happens.
    I think that brad is not crying because she is leaving

I think brad is crying because she says she loves him

they are both dressed casually. It is possible after the family meeting.

There is a reason why we do not see her face at all....

FORT Fogey

I think just like Ashley fell in love with Brad on their first date and got cursed with the first 1:1 possesive issue, Brad felt the same way about Ashley because she was his first and first great date to boot. Even when their relationship withered away to nothing somewhere around CR, they still remembered that great first date and hoped to recreate the spark.

As for the edit stats, I have to think that pre-Anguilla Chantal was F1 and post-Anguilla, he had switched over to Emily because she become more of a "sure thing" for him. I'm sure post-show he's going to tell us it was Emily all along and he never, ever wavered or had any other plan in mind just like some of the worst offenders ever (Jillian with Reid, Ali with Frank) but I didn't buy it with the Bettes and I won't buy it in this case either.
    He had those two fabulous 1-1 dates with Chantal. Then....get ready. Ready?
    He had the date from Hades in Anguilla that included Chantal, and she was not her best. Whereas on 1-1 she had been exciting and extremely hot physically, on the SI shoot she was on the emotional roller coaster he said he doesn't like, and she was not at her physical best in the suit they made her wear either.

Then he had the 1-1 date with Emily where he said they had a break through. In his blog, he said love began in Anguilla.

I think you are absolutely right. Either by desire or the fact that she was the "go to F1" if he didn't find someone else, Chantal was the F1 through Anguilla.

The tide turned at the end of Anguilla, and that is why I think we saw the Hometown Dates filmed the way that they were which confused me so badly.
    If you will remember, I kept saying that they were filmed in the same order as F1Roberto, (Emily) F2 ChrisL,(Chantal) F4 Kirk(Shawntel) and F3 Frank(Ashley)

Though they didn't AIR that way, in retrospect, I think after Anguilla, Brad's mind had turned, and the way they filmed was the way he now saw his F4.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fan

Not that it matters at this point, but I did a "musical analysis" this morning. And believe it or not, Brad and Emily have a "theme song" all the way back to when he gives her the "most genuine" rose via Ali/Roberto. It's used every time they are seen alone together--mostly starting during their scenes at a "break threw" moment. Only time it is not used it on the hammock and on the impromptu cocktail party picnic.

Just figured I'd pass on the info........

FORT Fogey

He had the date from Hades in Anguilla that included Chantal, and she was not her best. Whereas on 1-1 she had been exciting and extremely hot physically, on the SI shoot she was on the emotional roller coaster he said he doesn't like, and she was not at her physical best in the suit they made her wear either.

Then he had the 1-1 date with Emily where he said they had a break through. In his blog, he said love began in Anguilla.

I think you are absolutely right. Either by desire or the fact that she was the "go to F1" if he didn't find someone else, Chantal was the F1 through Anguilla.

The tide turned at the end of Anguilla, and that is why I think we saw the Hometown Dates filmed the way that they were which confused me so badly.
    If you will remember, I kept saying that they were filmed in the same order as F1Roberto, (Emily) F2 ChrisL,(Chantal) F4 Kirk(Shawntel) and F3 Frank(Ashley)

Though they didn't AIR that way, in retrospect, I think after Anguilla, Brad's mind had turned, and the way they filmed was the way he now saw his F4.
    so when I said it was a moment of thuth I was not that wrong... except the girl!

I should have remember how he hates drama and tears.

The way he got rid immediately about raichel and melissa... the way Laurel mentionned it... the way he was so unconfortable when chantal cried and of course when he sat alone at anguilla when chantal left.

My gosh how wrong I was on this one! geeezzz
    Last edited by Shelby101; 03-01-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Absolutely. Well said and your edit stats are hard evidence for sure IMO! They didn't let you down. I felt I was watching a love story all the way until Anguilla when it suddenly just stopped and I had no idea what happened. Now it makes sense. Of course, darnit, it's always retrospective.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    Not that it matters at this point, but I did a "musical analysis" this morning. And believe it or not, Brad and Emily have a "theme song" all the way back to when he gives her the "most genuine" rose via Ali/Roberto. It's used every time they are seen alone together--mostly starting during their scenes at a "break threw" moment. Only time it is not used it on the hammock and on the impromptu cocktail party picnic.

Just figured I'd pass on the info........
    I hadn't noticed, now I'm going to have to go back and look for it

FORT Fogey

Absolutely. Well said and your edit stats are hard evidence for sure IMO! They didn't let you down. I felt I was watching a love story all the way until Anguilla when it suddenly just stopped and I had no idea what happened. Now it makes sense. Of course, darnit, it's always retrospective.
    I let a lot of Emily fans down. I try to be objective, and I had a lot of her fans PMing me looking for hope. The last hope I could see was if Emily's HT aired first and/or they lined her up like Roberto which they did not. Therefore, I gave up on an F1 Emily and told her fans that I thought that I didn't see anything left as far as edit stats that I could use to help them.

When Blondie's spoiler came out, it still took me a while before I connected the fact that in the Fantasy Date RC pic where Roberto is sweating so badly, Chris is standing to the left where Chantal is and Emily is to the right where Roberto is. Frank is gone by that time. In the picture in which I was looking, Ashley was off talking to Brad, so it was BINGO clear.

Anyway, I think Anguilla is the turning point, and I think Brad told us that in his blog.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?