Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Please take the time to review the rules stickied at the top of this forum.

***Rules - Please Read***

This thread will reopen shortly. Please take the time to read the thread. Too many people are earning infractions, so we have closed the thread to try to ensure everyone reads the rules and knows that we enforce them.

As always, if you see a post that you think breaks the rules, report it - don't respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I agree but even more they haven't shown us the chemistry they must have in order for them to get engaged. We see bits and pieces once in a while but we mostly saw the uncomfortable, sit a foot apart stuff.

What's boggles my mind is that we saw Brad saying he was falling in love with Emily last night. That was huge and said it all. I don't recall Andy saying it to Tessa but people have said he did. I don't remember anything hitting me in the head telling me it was her and I was a disinterested party since I liked the f3 more than either of the f2. It's just not like Fleiss to set us up for the ending and it made me wonder why we were bothering with LCD and a FRC. Very strange edit.
    and what's even weird is why Brad feels the need to let people know why he let ashley go. Uh even more why would he say he didn't think he made a mistake? and very odd of CH to say in interviews not to believe all the bachelor spoilers out there. mmm methinks something is up. Maybe something to do with Ashley? who knows. I was also surprised to see Brad telling Emily he is falling in love with her. Boy he sure is breaking a lot of rules for her. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
    In looking for a thread to post my thoughts, it seemed 'edit analysis' would be the best fit.

I was re-watching The Bachelor this morning because I have the flu (horrible stuff...102 fever) and I saw how hard Brad was trying to get Ashley to open up. I stopped to consider, "If Brad has, and by now he should, already fallen for someone...why all the work with those he will have to let go anyway?"

Then it occured to me how brilliant this show really is for those (bachelor or bachelorette chosen) who take it seriously. IMHO, when the 'Bachelor' or the 'Bachelorette' has to let go of someone and is having a difficult time with it, it may be because that particular person represents a 'type' of person he/she has dated time and time again but has not ever really worked out nor wasn't the type he/she needs when it comes to "THE ONE'.

[snip]
    First, hope you feel better!

And second, cool post!

Regarding the bold, I think sometimes the right person just doesn't show up for the lead or the timing is all off or the lead just doesn't know what they want.

Deanna said she wanted a stable man and have a million kids before 30. She chose Jesse over Jason. Jake wanted a supportive, mature wife. He chose Vienna. However, perhaps the greatest lie the devil, err lead ever told was Jill's best friend/equal partner/respectful mate request. She chose Ed. LOL! Just LOL on that one.

Even Ali had no idea what the heck she wanted even if it seems to have turned out really well for her. She thought she wanted someone who wasn't attractive and had a sparkling personality AND to continue her ambitious career. Okay. So she chose the most attractive guy on her and everyone else's show, someone who is shy, quiet and became his stay-at-home fiancee Tweeting about lunching and decorating their house. The logic, it's perfect.

As for Brad, he said he wanted someone to be comfortable with and be himself. So he chose someone he can't form sentences around. Well alrighty then.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    As for Brad, he said he wanted someone to be comfortable with and be himself. So he chose someone he can't form sentences around. Well alrighty then.
    SO VERY TRUE! Though I do think he wanted someone more submissive, I think he likes to always be in charge
    We still miss you SDL Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    First, hope you feel better!

And second, cool post!

Regarding the bold, I think sometimes the right person just doesn't show up for the lead or the timing is all off or the lead just doesn't know what they want.

Deanna said she wanted a stable man and have a million kids before 30. She chose Jesse over Jason. Jake wanted a supportive, mature wife. He chose Vienna. However, perhaps the greatest lie the devil, err lead ever told was Jill's best friend/equal partner/respectful mate request. She chose Ed. LOL! Just LOL on that one.

Even Ali had no idea what the heck she wanted even if it seems to have turned out really well for her. She thought she wanted someone who wasn't attractive and had a sparkling personality AND to continue her ambitious career. Okay. So she chose the most attractive guy on her and everyone else's show, someone who is shy, quiet and became his stay-at-home fiancee Tweeting about lunching and decorating their house. The logic, it's perfect.

Great observations and the bolded brilliantly stated Alanna!
    Your life is what your thoughts make it.

FORT Fogey

FIRST: SORRY for the huge long post here..... I do not promise to do not do it again tho...

I thought about something when I read CH and Brad's blog today.

It seems that Chantal was hardly talked in their blogs... next season lets see who looks the F1 and who is less talked about.

Lets read between the lines. I made a compilation of CH blogs

Emily:

Emily also made a solid first impression. Right now Brad doesn’t know her tragic story, but she is someone you’ll get to know a lot more about.

They helped Brad pick Emily and give her a rose. Up to this point she really hasn’t had much time with Brad and he has no idea about her story. That will begin to change next week in what is a very emotional episode.

First Ashley opened up, then Chantal — but nobody had any idea what Emily was about to tell them. When Emily let the girls in on her past and the tragedy that had taken place, the women fell apart. You saw a little bit of it, but the crying didn’t stop for some time, and understandably so. Interestingly enough this is what really sent Madison over the edge. After she heard the story she sulked around the house for a bit and just realized she wasn’t in this for the same reasons Emily and the other girls were. As emotional as it was to tell the other women Emily was really dreading telling Brad. She was so excited to get a date she didn’t want to bring it all down by telling him about her past so she deflected as long as she could but eventually gave in. There are no words to describe what Emily has gone through, and I along with everyone else who meets her am amazed at her strength, bravery and courage. The ironic thing about Emily finally telling Brad was she was dreading it so much, but by being open and honest it really took a huge weight off her shoulders and helped Brad see her in a completely different light, which he loved. There was something special about that moment for both of them that I haven’t seen on any other date we’ve ever had on this show. It was really good to see Emily genuinely smile for the first time this season.

You might be wondering why Brad grabbed Emily during the cocktail party for an impromptu date. Well, Brad had heard the women complain that after a one-on-one date they didn’t feel special so he attempted to do better with Emily who didn’t get a date at all this week.

He obviously felt guilty and sorry for her, but it also turned out to be a very positive step for them as a couple. I can also tell you that now that Brad knows everything, this will really weigh on his mind as he and Emily continue. This is a lot for any man to handle, and Brad is understandably a little intimidated. He put on a brave face that night and gave Emily the rose, but this is something that he will obviously have to continue to deal with. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, no matter what happens on this show Emily is one of the strongest, bravest women I’ve ever met. I continue to marvel at how she has chosen to remain so positive and ambitious when she has every right to do just the opposite. Like Brad did on the group date I may have spent too much time on Emily here but I know that’s what everybody is talking about today.

The further this goes and the more serious it gets, the more you can see the changes in Brad. The way he called Michelle on her B.S. or the conversation with Emily is a good example of how he now confronts situations head on.

Couple things stood out to me about this date, other than the shape of the island. First of all it was important to Brad that he make a good impression on Emily and get permission to meet her daughter. This was the first time I can remember anybody telling someone they would definitely be getting a rose prior to a rose ceremony. Brad did this to make sure Emily knew just how he felt and that he was very serious about wanting to meet Emily’s little girl.

He had made so much out of meeting Emily’s daughter Ricki that the pressure was palpable. In the end Ricki did warm up to Brad and they had a great visit. Ricki actually drew Brad a picture of him with a butterfly, representing the kite he gave her. But there is something about Brad and Emily’s relationship that’s almost awkward. The part where Brad told Emily he wasn’t going to kiss her out of respect for her and her daughter cracked me up. That was spoken like a guy who doesn’t have kids. I loved Emily’s reaction where she said if this works out she’ll be upstairs sleeping every night! Brad is trying so hard to do the right thing here — it’s very sweet but quite entertaining to watch.

As soon as Emily found out she was going to South Africa, she said that one of her lifelong dreams was to ride an elephant. Brad didn’t know this, but he picked the elephant riding date especially for her. I think a big part of that had to do with Brad thinking what a cool story this would be for little Ricki. As soon as Brad and Emily got on top of Tembo, they immediately started talking about her hometown date. He told her how much it meant to him to meet Ricki, and Emily just wished that Ricki could have been with them both in Africa. We took some pictures so Emily could take them home to share the experience. (...)

vs Chantal

If Brad was wondering how the women would react, all his fears were quickly realized when the first woman out of the limo, Chantal gave Brad a good slap across the face for all the women in America. (...) Brad actually liked Chantal and her slap

no mention of chantal at all week 2

About the red cross date: The two that really stood out the most were Chantal and Shawntel. (...) Michelle really starts rubbing girls the wrong way — Chantal in particular.

Chantal got this week’s first one-on-one date. If you’ve done your Bachelor homework you know that the first helicopter date of the season is a big one. Ali took Roberto on the first helicopter date and Jake took Vienna on one as well. Some of the girls in the house did the math and got a little ahead of themselves; we’ll have to see if history repeats itself. Because our fans are incredibly observant I’m sure you noticed that the helicopter that picked them up isn’t the same chopper that dropped them off. The reason for the change is our driveway is a very tight landing area and can’t handle a big helicopter. So once they got picked up they switched helicopters for the ride out to Catalina. Okay, that’s about enough helicopter talk. As far as the date goes I think the chemistry between Brad and Chantal speaks for itself. (By the way it actually did rain in Los Angeles so the driveway back at the house was legitimately wet!)

--> the seed is dropped! Will the fans who are incredibly observant will see a love story??? Making a reference of ali and roberto added extra pressure. The tone is set: chantal will be the F2! Major EDIT here!

I’m sure you noticed there’s no love lost between Chantal and Michelle.

Chantal’s connection with Brad really leaped forward and she became the first of the women to tell Brad that she loves him. Notice I said the first…

--> this was a 1:1 and CH just wrote 2 lines about it!!!

then nothing about the meltdown of chantal in anguilla

HOmetown: Brad really seems comfortable and to fit in with Chantal’s family. They seemed all but ready to have a wedding on the spot. The other thing I noticed is Chantal’s dad’s wine cellar. Wow, I have cellar envy.

--> not much info, another seed about wedding but nothing much vs a huge paragraph about emily HTD

Chantal into eating worms. It looked a lot like beef jerky and Brad didn’t let Chantal think anything different until after, when he explained worms are a local delicacy. This didn’t sit very well with Chantal and I don’t recommend any man tricking his date into eating worms.

--> talk a lot about the worm and the location, nothing about the relationship

----

If I read between the lines, we got our story from week1... CH hardly talked about chantal but could not stop about emily.... and very little about ashley too!

emily was set up as the girl brad was dying to please and dying that she loves him. He was chasing her all along

Chantal. She was the easy one. No chase, No fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    FIRST: SORRY for the huge long post here..... I do not promise to do not do it again tho...

I thought about something when I read CH and Brad's blog today.

It seems that Chantal was hardly talked in their blogs... next season lets see who looks the F1 and who is less talked about.

Lets read between the lines. I made a compilation of CH blogs

Emily:

Emily also made a solid first impression. Right now Brad doesnít know her tragic story, but she is someone youíll get to know a lot more about.

They helped Brad pick Emily and give her a rose. Up to this point she really hasnít had much time with Brad and he has no idea about her story. That will begin to change next week in what is a very emotional episode.

First Ashley opened up, then Chantal ó but nobody had any idea what Emily was about to tell them. When Emily let the girls in on her past and the tragedy that had taken place, the women fell apart. You saw a little bit of it, but the crying didnít stop for some time, and understandably so. Interestingly enough this is what really sent Madison over the edge. After she heard the story she sulked around the house for a bit and just realized she wasnít in this for the same reasons Emily and the other girls were. As emotional as it was to tell the other women Emily was really dreading telling Brad. She was so excited to get a date she didnít want to bring it all down by telling him about her past so she deflected as long as she could but eventually gave in. There are no words to describe what Emily has gone through, and I along with everyone else who meets her am amazed at her strength, bravery and courage. The ironic thing about Emily finally telling Brad was she was dreading it so much, but by being open and honest it really took a huge weight off her shoulders and helped Brad see her in a completely different light, which he loved. There was something special about that moment for both of them that I havenít seen on any other date weíve ever had on this show. It was really good to see Emily genuinely smile for the first time this season.

You might be wondering why Brad grabbed Emily during the cocktail party for an impromptu date. Well, Brad had heard the women complain that after a one-on-one date they didnít feel special so he attempted to do better with Emily who didnít get a date at all this week.

He obviously felt guilty and sorry for her, but it also turned out to be a very positive step for them as a couple. I can also tell you that now that Brad knows everything, this will really weigh on his mind as he and Emily continue. This is a lot for any man to handle, and Brad is understandably a little intimidated. He put on a brave face that night and gave Emily the rose, but this is something that he will obviously have to continue to deal with. Iíve said this before and Iíll say it again, no matter what happens on this show Emily is one of the strongest, bravest women Iíve ever met. I continue to marvel at how she has chosen to remain so positive and ambitious when she has every right to do just the opposite. Like Brad did on the group date I may have spent too much time on Emily here but I know thatís what everybody is talking about today.

The further this goes and the more serious it gets, the more you can see the changes in Brad. The way he called Michelle on her B.S. or the conversation with Emily is a good example of how he now confronts situations head on.

Couple things stood out to me about this date, other than the shape of the island. First of all it was important to Brad that he make a good impression on Emily and get permission to meet her daughter. This was the first time I can remember anybody telling someone they would definitely be getting a rose prior to a rose ceremony. Brad did this to make sure Emily knew just how he felt and that he was very serious about wanting to meet Emilyís little girl.

He had made so much out of meeting Emilyís daughter Ricki that the pressure was palpable. In the end Ricki did warm up to Brad and they had a great visit. Ricki actually drew Brad a picture of him with a butterfly, representing the kite he gave her. But there is something about Brad and Emilyís relationship thatís almost awkward. The part where Brad told Emily he wasnít going to kiss her out of respect for her and her daughter cracked me up. That was spoken like a guy who doesnít have kids. I loved Emilyís reaction where she said if this works out sheíll be upstairs sleeping every night! Brad is trying so hard to do the right thing here ó itís very sweet but quite entertaining to watch.

As soon as Emily found out she was going to South Africa, she said that one of her lifelong dreams was to ride an elephant. Brad didnít know this, but he picked the elephant riding date especially for her. I think a big part of that had to do with Brad thinking what a cool story this would be for little Ricki. As soon as Brad and Emily got on top of Tembo, they immediately started talking about her hometown date. He told her how much it meant to him to meet Ricki, and Emily just wished that Ricki could have been with them both in Africa. We took some pictures so Emily could take them home to share the experience. (...)

vs Chantal

If Brad was wondering how the women would react, all his fears were quickly realized when the first woman out of the limo, Chantal gave Brad a good slap across the face for all the women in America. (...) Brad actually liked Chantal and her slap

no mention of chantal at all week 2

About the red cross date: The two that really stood out the most were Chantal and Shawntel. (...) Michelle really starts rubbing girls the wrong way ó Chantal in particular.

Chantal got this weekís first one-on-one date. If youíve done your Bachelor homework you know that the first helicopter date of the season is a big one. Ali took Roberto on the first helicopter date and Jake took Vienna on one as well. Some of the girls in the house did the math and got a little ahead of themselves; weíll have to see if history repeats itself. Because our fans are incredibly observant Iím sure you noticed that the helicopter that picked them up isnít the same chopper that dropped them off. The reason for the change is our driveway is a very tight landing area and canít handle a big helicopter. So once they got picked up they switched helicopters for the ride out to Catalina. Okay, thatís about enough helicopter talk. As far as the date goes I think the chemistry between Brad and Chantal speaks for itself. (By the way it actually did rain in Los Angeles so the driveway back at the house was legitimately wet!)

--> the seed is dropped! Will the fans who are incredibly observant will see a love story??? Making a reference of ali and roberto added extra pressure. The tone is set: chantal will be the F2! Major EDIT here!

Iím sure you noticed thereís no love lost between Chantal and Michelle.

Chantalís connection with Brad really leaped forward and she became the first of the women to tell Brad that she loves him. Notice I said the firstÖ

--> this was a 1:1 and CH just wrote 2 lines about it!!!

then nothing about the meltdown of chantal in anguilla

HOmetown: Brad really seems comfortable and to fit in with Chantalís family. They seemed all but ready to have a wedding on the spot. The other thing I noticed is Chantalís dadís wine cellar. Wow, I have cellar envy.

--> not much info, another seed about wedding but nothing much vs a huge paragraph about emily HTD

Chantal into eating worms. It looked a lot like beef jerky and Brad didnít let Chantal think anything different until after, when he explained worms are a local delicacy. This didnít sit very well with Chantal and I donít recommend any man tricking his date into eating worms.

--> talk a lot about the worm and the location, nothing about the relationship

----

If I read between the lines, we got our story from week1... CH hardly talked about chantal but could not stop about emily.... and very little about ashley too!

emily was set up as the girl brad was dying to please and dying that she loves him. He was chasing her all along

Chantal. She was the easy one. No chase, No fun.
    Wow, what a lot of research! I'm impressed, to say the least. But, didn't Ali talk about ChrisL a lot in her blog? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629 View Post
    Wow, what a lot of research! I'm impressed, to say the least. But, didn't Ali talk about ChrisL a lot in her blog? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
    did not play much attention, maybe

note: thanks!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr View Post
    This is what I posted in earlier before RS's new reveal about Emily. I had finally figured out what was wrong with the Chantal being in the F1 spots.
    Does the arrangement of the picture frames pre-RC tell the same story?

Also, do we believe Brad made up his mind before speaking with Ashley, or might he have decided differently if she had handled that last convo better?[/QUOTE]

There isn't a pre-rose Fantasy Date ceremony pic from Ali's season with the picture frames for me to compare Brad's season.

However, the toasts are identical as well as the RC. In both the RC and the toast, Chantal and ChrisL are now to the left, and Emily and Roberto are to the right.

If you want the honest truth, I think he knew before they lined up. I think he knew from the night before. Now, it is possible - maybe - that Ashley indeed was F2 in his mind going into the Fantasy Dates. He sure did express him strongly concerning her exit. That was the first time that I considered that I just might have underestimated how Brad really felt about Ashley.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post

There isn't a pre-rose Fantasy Date ceremony pic from Ali's season with the picture frames for me to compare Brad's season.

However, the toasts are identical as well as the RC. In both the RC and the toast, Chantal and ChrisL are now to the left, and Emily and Roberto are to the right.

If you want the honest truth, I think he knew before they lined up. I think he knew from the night before. Now, it is possible - maybe - that Ashley indeed was F2 in his mind going into the Fantasy Dates. He sure did express him strongly concerning her exit. That was the first time that I considered that I just might have underestimated how Brad really felt about Ashley.
    I think just like Ashley fell in love with Brad on their first date and got cursed with the first 1:1 possesive issue, Brad felt the same way about Ashley because she was his first and first great date to boot. Even when their relationship withered away to nothing somewhere around CR, they still remembered that great first date and hoped to recreate the spark.

As for the edit stats, I have to think that pre-Anguilla Chantal was F1 and post-Anguilla, he had switched over to Emily because she become more of a "sure thing" for him. I'm sure post-show he's going to tell us it was Emily all along and he never, ever wavered or had any other plan in mind just like some of the worst offenders ever (Jillian with Reid, Ali with Frank) but I didn't buy it with the Bettes and I won't buy it in this case either.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City