Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01 View Post
    The reality is Brad and Emily are not the most dynamic personalitied duo...but that may be true to life. Emily is cautious by nature- that is obvious and Brad is unemotional. It doesn't make for the best tv but doesn't necessarily detract from the development of feelings.

I honestly think that the level of caution, awkwardness, attempts at being gallant, extra attention, and care Brad showed Emily coupled with his statements about falling hard for her both in PIs and voiceovers as well as directly to her were glaringly obvious. From the 1st week, he always did special things for her, gave her extra attention, fumbled around to tell her how he felt, etc. Yes, Brad is emotionally awkward and quite stunted for a 38 year old but I actually think that he and Emily are seemingly a good match.
    At least they will have Ricki to keep them entertained -- because those two together are not (at least outwardly) very exciting!

FORT sun

The edit was choppy, looped, scattered (to include many back story lines of the characters) sprinkled junior psycho-social therapist stuff to add variety, however the simple truth is that it did successfully restore some of the mystery to this series. The internet rumor mill can be manipulated to sway many opinions, which it does every second. To modernize this series, one has to take on the internet rumor mill: use it to give the contestants blogs and backgrounds to look at, exploit each, misinform for surprise. This had to be done. Now they've given a lovey dovey romance story ending with a complete little family. Thank you Stephen King.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01 View Post
    The reality is Brad and Emily are not the most dynamic personalitied duo...but that may be true to life. Emily is cautious by nature- that is obvious and Brad is unemotional. It doesn't make for the best tv but doesn't necessarily detract from the development of feelings.

I honestly think that the level of caution, awkwardness, attempts at being gallant, extra attention, and care Brad showed Emily coupled with his statements about falling hard for her both in PIs and voiceovers as well as directly to her were glaringly obvious. From the 1st week, he always did special things for her, gave her extra attention, fumbled around to tell her how he felt, etc. Yes, Brad is emotionally awkward and quite stunted for a 38 year old but I actually think that he and Emily are seemingly a good match.
    yes. thinking about it, you are right.

It is clear to me that this is the first time that brad is in love and he has no clue how to show it or react. It is obvious that his reactions are like a teen in front of his first crush. The intimidation is only because he never met a girl like emily and most probably emotional girls. So in his eyes she is perfect.

Emily is cautious, distant body, extremely reserved and the first quality in brad's eyes drama free and non emotional. He hates with all his guts tears and drama. From day1, emily was that person. What some of us find cold and icy is most probably in his eyes huge qualities. He obviously hate to be intimate in public, emily is very distant. She reminds me a lady from the last century, the south belle that use to serve tea and be worshiped by the males.

He claimed he wanted what his brothers have: wife and kid... he has it instantly with emily. His tic toc clock is right there. 40 is huge for a man! huge!

However, it seems that she will lead him. Under her eyelashes and smirk and soft voice, she will wear the pants at home... no doubt about it!!! She may move to austin but that will be the only thing she may accept to do. It is interesting to think that her mom was the ONLY example he had about how to raise kids. So the father figure was a mother. It is often that people do repeat the same pattern then had when they were kids. Having a ghost father, the mother took the #1 place in the family.

Funny enough I do not thing it is the right balance to build a relationship. I maybe wrong and hopefully I am because there is this little girl in the picture.

But I have this funny na na na behind my mind thinking that no matter what, brad will always remain #2 and he will always have to prove her that he deserves her. I just feel an unbalance somehow.

I was watching an old interview yesterday and the interviewer asked him about marriage. He was just so unconfortable with the response that I immediately thought 2 things: 1. he is already married 2. his F1 does not want to talk about it before long long lonnnnnnnnnnnng engagement time (test or trial time?)

If emily is enough mature to wait before thinking about marriage, I think this relationship may potentialy work in the long run.
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-28-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Tonight we will being seeing the Final RC Preview. How do you think MF will edit the F1? Will MF edit towards the F1 or against her?
    In Love with Love

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy S' View Post
    Tonight we will being seeing the Final RC Preview. How do you think MF will edit the F1? Will MF edit towards the F1 or against her?
    Unfortunately tonight we'll be seeing the previews for WTN next week. It's after the WTN that we get the previews for the FRC, unless they decide to change it up, but not likely.

I think it could go either way. If Brad said in an interview that when the FD's air, he might just have to leave the country, I take it to mean that things got steamy with the ones who are not the F1!!

^Actually Flo rida, we usually get WTN previews and also FRC previews since we will know the F2 after tonight. We didn't get them last season because Chris didn't attend the FRC.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I feel as though the show has been edited toward Emily this whole time (by showing all the instances in which Brad favoured her, singled her out, gave her special treatment, etc.). Even the music, god the music that was played overtop of Brad and Emily's interactions. They're making it really obvious IMO. My mistake was in thinking they were doing this so as to make the Chantal F1 ending a shocking upset. But nope, they really are spelling B-R-E-M-I-L-Y right out for us.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Re: Outtakes

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    The last few seasons, then yes.
    I am still SO hopeful that it is Chantal. Although I think that I see "maybe" what everyone else with Brad and Emily, I still see a "real" relationship between Brad and Chantal.

Re: Outtakes

Quote Originally Posted by icreality View Post
    I am still SO hopeful that it is Chantal. Although I think that I see "maybe" what everyone else with Brad and Emily, I still see a "real" relationship between Brad and Chantal.
    I finally see the potential for a real relstionship with B/E... However, I think Chantal brings out a different side of Brad... funny and teasing and sarcastic and playful... maybe not a side he's shown the GIRLS in his life before... maybe something that only his guys have seen- whereas he's his careful, slow, reserved self around Em. For those of you who watched Brad headbanging to Firework , I don't see THAT Brad around Emily - I see him around Chantal.

That said, this is reminding me a looot of Ali's and Andy's seasons... I remember someone saying last season (in fact, I think it was you, Alanna ) that they liked the softer, gentler, sweeter Ali that they saw around Chris vs. the hyper gushy baby-voiced damsel in distress schtick around Roberto That may be the same thing this season. Also, re: Andy's season... I saw him as clicking better with Bevin - a comfortable relationship where they both clicked, and Andy was a different person around her... but someone he wasn't used to, I feel - he was his usual dignified poised self around Tessa, and she was the one who he'd had a picture of in his head... an IDEAL if you will... and I still stand by it to this day that they may have worked out longer if he'd gone for the realistic (Bevin) than the ideal (Tessa)

In fact, that happened with Jason too - he initially went for the ideal (Mel) vs. his realistic girl - Molly... and we all know how it turned out. Anyways!! JM2C, and I also just realized this may not be the best fit thread for this post, but DK where else is better
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

I just felt like we have been cheated this season...they edited out every bit of personality that Emily had...they have given us a cut and dry barbie doll....I wish they would have given us more of her..I feel like going into the FRC we really don't even know the F1 at all
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!