Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    I would like to encourage everyone to go back and watch the preview from the first episode. I just watched it and in retrospect they gave many real clues to the upcoming season. ie....This season there'll be jealousy (showing a picture on 2 girls spying), insecurity (show a picture of Emily) anger (show Michelle, lol) ...etc. It's very interesting to see the VO with the chosen clips. While I'm sure many may be misleading, in retrospect, it's kind of eye opening. Would love to see others thoughts/findings from this towards the edit that we actually saw this season.

YouTube - The Bachelor 15 Brad Womack Season Premiere Preview
    There also is a VO in first episode of ASHLEY S saying about a fairytale ending & they show Brad & Emily in the roadster.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966 View Post
    Also a lot like Jen and Kristen. But I really think Chantal's physical edit was stronger than either Bevin's or Kristen's. She's almost like a caricature of a physical edit!
    Sorry but I disagree. Bevins was the alpha of physical edits. Andy did not let up on the physical with Beven till just prior to the FRC. And yes including telling her he loved her . Ugh !

Brad has already started shutting down with Chantal, he is not the same with her as he was earlier.
    Plus, most (not all) of their physical interactions are initiated by Chantal and she is the one (again mostly) that is clinging to Brad not the other way around. Again mostly not all. He does have some .
    But with Andy, they were both making the moves it was not 1 sided and it was not edited (with voice overs etc.).
    I know I'm in the minority on this board but I just could not stand Andy (found him smarmy and icky) but his treatment of Bevin was way behond any lead has treaded their F2/F3. Sorry but ick.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    Not for me but I didn't like either of the f2 that season and like them a lot this one. At least in Andy's season you could see the attraction to Tessa although she wasn't super likable to me. What I'm seeing with Emily is Brad saying wonderful things but we're not seeing it. Maybe editing or maybe not. Bevin was shown to have only the chemistry edit and totally annoyed the women which doesn't seem to be Chantal's either. We have more than just chemistry with her based on what they talk about on dates and many things Brad has said (like real life, talking about who will be moving to Austin, etc). The only girl she had any trouble with was Michelle and that seemed to be more Michelle than Chantal. Still I can see why some see the similarities because of the outcome that season if this one turns out with Emily as f1.

I'm still not sold on the editing pointing to Emily as f1 but want to see what they do for the FD's.
    I always felt that Andy's choice of Tessa was based on following his head (she would make a proper wife for a proper and well-educated naval officer/doctor) and ignoring his hormones. In that sense, Brad might also see a polite southern gal with a built in family as more of what his wife should look like, and is also choosing to downplay the physical chemistry he seems to have had with Chantal from the beginning. Other than that, though, I don't see much similarity in the edits, for the reasons you stated. And need I remind everyone that Andy and Tessa didn't last too long outside of the Bachelor bubble, which is what I sadly anticipate will be the result of a Brad/Emily pairing. Just see too many obstacles in that relationship, in addition to the ones the show already creates.

One other point about editing; CH talked early on about how this would be an "old school" season. If it is Emily, this could refer to the fact that after several seasons of having the fan favorite get heartbroken at the end, this time, the one that most of the audience is rooting for gets their happy ending, at least on film.

When there is not much thought given to the commitment of a relationship, there is not much thought given to breaking the committment. Easy come, easy go for the adults, the children are caught in the middle.

Just had to vent on behalf of all the grandchildren in this world.[/QUOTE]

I can so relate to everything you have said. My story is so very similiar to yours. Two granddaughters. Their dad is in prison. Their mom, my daughter is now 38. The girls, 18 and 16 have lived with us for the past 4 years because they hated their moms life style and boyfriends or step dads that have come and gone. We, their grandfather and I, have been their only stable home and family. Do not get me wrong, the girls love their mom and make excuses for her when they are not hurt or angry with her. She is in their lives and very much a part of theirs - but only on her terms - when she is not selfishly doing something for herself. I love her but I do not understand how we went so wrong or what is wrong with her that she has not and cannot put her children first.

I hope Brad does and has chosen Chantal because they can start a life fresh with no children involved and if they choose then they can have children of their own. I know kids do adjust - but they should not have to!

I can so relate to everything you have said. My story is so very similiar to yours. Two granddaughters. Their dad is in prison. Their mom, my daughter is now 38. The girls, 18 and 16 have lived with us for the past 4 years because they hated their moms life style and boyfriends or step dads that have come and gone. We, their grandfather and I, have been their only stable home and family. Do not get me wrong, the girls love their mom and make excuses for her when they are not hurt or angry with her. She is in their lives and very much a part of theirs - but only on her terms - when she is not selfishly doing something for herself. I love her but I do not understand how we went so wrong or what is wrong with her that she has not and cannot put her children first.

I hope Brad does and has chosen Chantal because they can start a life fresh with no children involved and if they choose then they can have children of their own. I know kids do adjust - but they should not have to!
    First off, your grandchildren are so very, very lucky to have you and your husband in their lives.

But are you saying that people with children should never marry or date again because the kids shouldn't have to make the adjustments necessary for that to happen? Are you saying that single people without kids should only date other single people without kids?
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    First off, your grandchildren are so very, very lucky to have you and your husband in their lives.

But are you saying that people with children should never marry or date again because the kids shouldn't have to make the adjustments necessary for that to happen? Are you saying that single people without kids should only date other single people without kids?
    [edit]

I think she meant that in order to have a strong longterm relationship, this needs time. Time for all parties (adults and kids) involved. Only time will reinforce the love and security. Time to know each other and time for the love to settle down and remain

Emily is a mom and it is not the couple of hours spent together in a park, full of strangers around all day that will secure this relationship. This kind of relationship can only work after a couple of months of dating, knowing the little girl, knowing the good and the bad of each other... not after a couple of hours with a kid and a woman who did not even say to him that she loves him.

Taking things slow is good, very good but it goes against the very limited time of the bachelor process. If emily and brad are indeed involved and if she accepts the proposal, I think that this is not a very smart move on her side to presume that brad will be a good daddy after a couple of hours with her daughter in the worse conditions possible. I do not doubt that brad loves kids and and all, that is not what I am saying but there is a bridge to cross with loving a 5 years old as his own and accept to be a daddy for real every single day of his futur life. It is not like starting a relationship, then marriage and think kids... here the kid is right there, no choice!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-27-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    I do not think this is what she meant.

I think she meant that to have a strong longterm relationship, this needs time. Time for all parties (adults and kids) involved. Only time will reinforce the love and security. Time to know each other and time for the love to settle down and remain
    Oh, I see! Her comment about Brad choosing Chantal so they can start a life fresh without children had a different meaning to me. Thanks for your help!
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Absolutely not saying that! You have to consider both the "adults" in the picture. Both must be very mature and neither can be selfish or self centered or the children will suffer. JMO based on years and years and years of life experience. I thank God that there are man and women out there IRL that are willing to take on the giant responsibility of loving and raising someone else's children! I think that a child who has never known their father or mother through death would be easier to have a "step" come into their lives and be the father or mother they have never had than even a child of divorce, whether they still are part of the natural mother or fathers lives or not. But experience tells me that it is very difficult to find a genuine person to step into that roll! From what the edit has shown Emily does seem to be an exceptional mother, but who knows IRL. Brad, as shown in the edit, seems to be very good with his nieces etc. and it appeared he was very good with Ricki. Once again we do not know these people IRL and can only base our opinions on our own experiences and what TPTB are showing us on the TV screen.

FORT Fogey

Oh, I see! Her comment about Brad choosing Chantal so they can start a life fresh without children had a different meaning to me. Thanks for your help!
    [edit]

I do not say it is impossible to accept to be a step daddy at all. What I am saying is that it takes time to accept and commit a longterm relationship that includes a kid.

I think this can perfectly works but only if all parties get to know each other much much more longer than a couple of hours outside their real life.

And this is why it is also very tricky and rare that those couple at the bachelor remains together after the show because real life just crash and reality is a wake up call for everybody.

But again we have trista to say that this can work. Jason made the wrong choice but is also married. who is still together after 6 months? ali and roberto hopefully.... rare indeed
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-27-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Once again, absolutely not saying that. Just saying it should take a long and slow path to engagement and many months of getting to know each other and the whole "family" dynamic before any kind of permanent or semi permanent arrangement is made and if the rumors and spoilers and blogs and media and BF comments are true Brad is in love and presumably engaged and I think if there is a woman and child - that is too fast! JMO
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-27-2011 at 02:10 PM.