Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by amcd4377 View Post
    It might be true; Brad might decide in the end he doesn't want to spend his life with someone who feels and expresses such strong emotions, but I have a hard time believing that the editing would make it that easy. The lead says "i don't like "fill in the blank" type of person, and one of the last two happens to be that type. Instead, the edit generally tries to confuse and mislead the viewer so we get the "shock" ending. Also, if you look at Brad's actions, of his last three women, two of them have shown more emotion than the other 28 put together; he must like drama/excitement/emotion 66% of the time (2 out of the final 3)
    So far in the past 2 seasons-

Edits for F2
    F2- are the ones that say ILY early. Chantal said it, so did Chris.
    F2- is almost always on the acting date
    Edits for F1
    F1- Do not say ILY and are a bit more wary about letting them (the lead) in.
    F1- occassionally will be in the acting date or on a 1:1 date that week.

This is why I'm still confused on editing. RS says Chantal is F1 but to me it seems like she is getting F2 edit especially with all her emotional highs and lows. But then again Roberto had some drama in the house but he didn't show himself being dramatic emotionally like Chantal O is doing this season. Who knows all I know is I can't wait for the finale to where we find out.
    Last edited by kelad9; 02-26-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Nice job, lets not show anything with your F1.

UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan View Post

UGH.

Mel but they really did show it.. It is there..

Quote Originally Posted by nikikass View Post
    Mel but they really did show it.. It is there..
    I agree. It's subtle but it is there. Even I saw it. That's why I was sooo on the fence about picking a favorite because I liked both girls.

I have said all along that they did a terrible job of editing this year. No one, not one character was well developed - none. They chopped and hit the real interaction and conversations of all the cast. How much more fun would it have been to see Emily's and Ashley's personalities develop and to see Chantal shown as someone other than a young woman who cried all the time.

The power of suggestion is a powerful thing and none of us want to acknowledge how susceptible to it we are. But the power of RS suggestion and direction went a long way to directing the audience toward one conclusion. The editing reinforced that notion.

I can imagine how distraught many of the cast were at seeing how they were portrayed or realizing that they were hardly on the show.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan View Post

UGH.
    OH I wouldn't say that I always re-watch each of the top girls shows in order..And I could see Brad with Emily...Its just NOT in your face as Chantal's....Its more quiet..Which I have said to many people..I connected more with EM than Chantal..However many people connected with Chantal..
    And sometimes I think when (think)you KNOW the ending maybe you see what you are supposed to see..
    Hope this makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I have said all along that they did a terrible job of editing this year. No one, not one character was well developed - none. They chopped and hit the real interaction and conversations of all the cast. How much more fun would it have been to see Emily's and Ashley's personalities develop and to see Chantal shown as someone other than a young woman who cried all the time.

The power of suggestion is a powerful thing and none of us want to acknowledge how susceptible to it we are. But the power of RS suggestion and direction went a long way to directing the audience toward one conclusion. The editing reinforced that notion.

I can imagine how distraught many of the cast were at seeing how they were portrayed or realizing that they were hardly on the show.

You said it so much better than I did jelle..Yes I think the edit was terrible this year..You really had to strain to see any sliver of who the girls were really like..
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-26-2011 at 10:15 PM.

It will be interesting now how anyone is going to sleuth, because now the lineups doesn't matter, what the leads saids after the show, nothing matters.....So I guess no spoilers will come into play next season....

FORT Newbie

I've thought all along that the edit this season reminded me of Tessa and Bevin. Looks like it is the case after all...20/20 hindsight...

FORT sun

Maybe next season, they'll script "The French Lieutenant's Woman" instead of "Gone With The Wind". Oh Scarlett (Chantal)..... . And Ashley (Brad) loves Melanie (Emily). I think Scarlette even slaps Ashley at the beginning of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post

I agree with this 100%. If Chantel did turn down the Bachette due to her edit, I could completely understand. Fliess needs to learn to edit these people better if he wants them to be his lead. If this is the case he lost out BIG TIME as Chantel would be a great Bachette!