Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

I don't know if this is the right place or not, but I found the following video on youtube from Brad's first season.... it's his first date with Jenni ... ffw to the 11:50 mark

YouTube - The Bachelor 11 - Episode 4 (Part 1/4)

It reminds me A LOT to his dates with Chantal... very physical, very cuddly, they're always smiling, and notice how he says 'Jenni, would accept this rose, please?'... and then he says 'come here to me please, PLEASE'

Chantal is getting the physical edit PLUS all the added drama and crying

Quote Originally Posted by felixxiano View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place or not, but I found the following video on youtube from Brad's first season.... it's his first date with Jenni ... ffw to the 11:50 mark

It reminds me A LOT to his dates with Chantal... very physical, very cuddly, they're always smiling, and notice how he says 'Jenni, would accept this rose, please?'... and then he says 'come here to me please, PLEASE'

I wish I had seen that season, but I didn't. I really wish I had seen Jillian's but I didn't. I wonder who I would have thought was F1. It sounds like Reid was a gem. Anyway, all that to say, I wish I had seen a few more seasons. But with Jilly, I was over TB after Jason/Molly/Melissa. Too much drama for me!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Realistically though, how many men would openly acknowledge that they liked drama? I think most men either think they don't want it (just like we women all say we just want a "nice guy", although some of us keep dumping them when we land one), or realize that despite their better judgment, they keep attracting and being attracted to those types of women in spite of themselves, but don't want to admit it, especially not on national television.

It sounds like Brad's 8 year relationship with Laurel was quite the emotional roller coaster (which he sure stayed on for a very long time for some reason) so it's no wonder he keeps talking now about how he wants to avoid that. Perhaps by comparison to what he's used to, Chantal's freakouts are a piece of cake. Or perhaps, despite what he says, that's the kind of woman he really gets off on, and somebody with no "drama" would bore him.
    Men do not like drama, they say it all the time. Whose to say that his on/off relationship Laurel was drama fill, there probably was other issues.

I honestly believe it would have been Ashley and Emily in F2 if not for what happened with Ashley. I think emotionally she just bowed out.But of course, before I get crucified that is moo!
    I'm with you on that. I believe he was going to take Ashley to F2 with Emily. He certainly to me seem like he liked Ashley more than he did Chantal. Why she got the group rose, not producer driven. Why Chantal got last roses.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Men do not like drama, they say it all the time. Whose to say that his on/off relationship Laurel was drama fill, there probably was other issues.

I'm with you on that. I believe he was going to take Ashley to F2 with Emily. He certainly to me seem like he liked Ashley more than he did Chantal. Why she got the group rose, not producer driven. Why Chantal got last roses.
    I think the reason I say that or will make sense is because after this next episode you will see how much fun he was having with Ashley on their date. I haven't seen it of course, but after the HTD, Brad is back to enjoying her company like he did at the beginning of the season.

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

I'm not trying to attack your opinion at all, but really? I don't see that at all. His chemisty with Chantal is 10x stonger than anything he has with the other two. If anyone was going to be F3 instead of Ashley, it would of been Emily. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by felixxiano View Post

Glad you brought this forward. Some of us spoke about this earlier. How similar the things he said to Jenni, he's said to Chantal.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    I can see what you mean or understand the process a little more but again I've see so few complete seasons and haven't been fooled that I really forget about what can go into it. But, we have three different people saying he doesn't like drama. On episode 5, I don't recall him saying it... maybe he did.... but the almost rolling of the eyes... is this a high or a low... told me a great deal of how he feels about that... he was OVER the whining women. Then we Laurel and yes, she knows Brad esp after 8 years in a very rocky relationship and then we have Chris .... same thing. Later in episodes we actually hear Brad say, he can't deal with an emotional rollercoaster in his life. I may be wrong, but this is what did Chantal in. I completely understand her emotions and I do think Brad understands. But I think Brad is the one who quite simply said, I can't deal with it. And all that matters is how Brad feels about it.
    It might be true; Brad might decide in the end he doesn't want to spend his life with someone who feels and expresses such strong emotions, but I have a hard time believing that the editing would make it that easy. The lead says "i don't like "fill in the blank" type of person, and one of the last two happens to be that type. Instead, the edit generally tries to confuse and mislead the viewer so we get the "shock" ending. Also, if you look at Brad's actions, of his last three women, two of them have shown more emotion than the other 28 put together; he must like drama/excitement/emotion 66% of the time (2 out of the final 3)
    Last edited by amcd4377; 02-26-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: explaining my math

Quote Originally Posted by amcd4377 View Post
    It might be true; Brad might decide in the end he doesn't want to spend his life with someone who feels and expresses such strong emotions, but I have a hard time believing that the editing would make it that easy. The lead says "i don't like "fill in the blank" type of person, and one of the last two happens to be that type. Instead, the edit generally tries to confuse and mislead the viewer so we get the "shock" ending. Also, if you look at Brad's actions, of his last three women, two of them have shown more emotion than the other 28 put together; he must like drama/excitement/emotion 66% of the time.
    Laughing, why do you think it's taken him so long to engage to someone? He's a great friend but when it comes romance or emotion, he's a complicated one!

Another question to the sleuthers out there...have we ever seen the lead riding in the limo to the FRC location before this season?

Glad you brought this forward. Some of us spoke about this earlier. How similar the things he said to Jenni, he's said to Chantal.
    I didn't realize it until I rewatched this episode.... they edits/interactions are very similar
    Jenni's and Chantal's first dates were identical... helicopter. followed by dinner, then sitting in a sofa, and they ended with a hot make out session and Brad giving out the rose saying 'PLEASE'