Page 12 of 200 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;4194364;
    Hi Veg_out - why don't you put this in the SCs only and discussion threads as well.
    I mentioned it here because we are discussing where the edit is taking the story and there is no BL thread where it would have been more suitable. But def. do update the SCs thread.

I would also request no one else to quote her post so that the mods don't have to rap us on the knuckles for being off topic.
    It's moved

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;4194281;
    I was just re-watching the Emily date and when he said "this is real" he had a look on his face which was probably the look of the season.
    I noticed that "look" last night too, infact I think there are a lot of those looks between Brad and Emily. If I didn't know any of the spoilers I would bet money that Emily was F1, but after Lithargics post this morning, I'm wondering if they're trying to "act", and trying not to smile during those serious moments

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4194377;
    I noticed that "look" last night too, infact I think there are a lot of those looks between Brad and Emily. If I didn't know any of the spoilers I would bet money that Emily was F1, but after Lithargics post this morning, I'm wondering if they're trying to "act", and trying not to smile during those serious moments
    Keep going Read the edit. Add Lith to your hat, but keep going.

I just read the preview of the HTDs and it's following the usual edit by having Chantal's shown 1st so we can forget about how good it was and Emily's at the end so we'll remember it and think it was the best.

I enjoyed reading your take on the editing, Bevorules. Not so sure about the comparison to Jake/Vienna though.
    Last edited by albean99; 02-15-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4194401;
    I just read the preview of the HTDs and it's following the usual edit by having Chantal's shown 1st so we can forget about how good it was and Emily's at the end so we'll remember it and think it was the best. I checked last season and it's the same exact order for all of the f4.

I enjoyed reading your take on the editing, Bevorules. Not so sure about the comparison to Jake/Vienna though.
    Actually, the order they're going to be shown IS NOT the same as they were last season - Last season it was

F1 Roberto
    F2 Chris
    F4 Kirk
    F3 Frank

The order of Emily's date does not follow any pattern. But I'll let Bloomers explain that since she's the expert.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4194401;
    I just read the preview of the HTDs and it's following the usual edit by having Chantal's shown 1st so we can forget about how good it was and Emily's at the end so we'll remember it and think it was the best. I checked last season and it's the same exact order for all of the f4.

I am not in any way saying that Chantal is Vienna. She doesn't remind me of Vienna. What reminds me of Jake/Vienna is the edit details.

1. Chantal is given a drama filled edit that some find manipulative and combative, yet we never see her start any of the crap in the house, just not put up with guff. Vienna had this with Ali.

2. Emily is given a squeeky clean house edit, but we are constantly reminded of her backstory like we were about Tenley's divorce. Also like Jake/Tenley there is really a lack in passion from the other couple. Night and day difference of less passion.

*Yes some of Emily's passion can be edited out, but also, you can't edit the body language, and Brad just is formal, stiff and on his best behavior around Emily, whereas he is most relaxed around Chantal and Shawntel and somewhat with Ashley.

3. The ending is controversial like the Jake/Vienna ending. Jake chose Vienna despite warnings from other contestants especially Ali and it seems like Brad will choose Chantal despite warning from Michelle.

4. We have the same combinations of edit patterns like we had in Jake/Vienna season where F1 has shades of both risk/reward and Ms. Right and F2 has shades of both safety and Ms. Nice Girl. Also like Jake/Vienna and Jillian/Ed the "perfect on paper" F2 has been described as "intimidating." Brad made similar comments about Emily last night.

5. The F4 having as much or more chemistry that anyone else except the F1, yet they are not in the fantasy dates. Shawntel to me has a more advanced relationship with Brad than anyone still here except Chantal in the same way Ali did with Jake.

Vienna is not a popular person, but she is an F1 and did get an F1 edit that needs to be studied in context. I am not in any way saying that Chantal is a ringer for Vienna because she is not.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4194427;
    Actually, the order they're going to be shown IS NOT the same as they were last season - Last season it was

F1 Roberto
    F2 Chris
    F4 Kirk
    F3 Frank

The order of Emily's date does not follow any pattern. But I'll let Bloomers explain that since she's the expert.
    I already edited it out because I was given the wrong info in an article. Shocking isn't it? No idea if it fits a pattern or is just an editing device but think there's a reason they end with Emily's date and not Chantal's.

Thanks for explaining Bevorules.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4194429;
    I am not in any way saying that Chantal is Vienna. She doesn't remind me of Vienna. What reminds me of Jake/Vienna is the edit details.

1. Chantal is given a drama filled edit that some find manipulative and combative, yet we never see her start any of the crap in the house, just not put up with guff. Vienna had this with Ali.

2. Emily is given a squeeky clean house edit, but we are constantly reminded of her backstory like we were about Tenley's divorce. Also like Jake/Tenley there is really a lack in passion from the other couple. Night and day difference of less passion.

*Yes some of Emily's passion can be edited out, but also, you can't edit the body language, and Brad just is formal, stiff and on his best behavior around Emily, whereas he is most relaxed around Chantal and Shawntel and somewhat with Ashley.

3. The ending is controversial like the Jake/Vienna ending. Jake chose Vienna despite warnings from other contestants especially Ali and it seems like Brad will choose Chantal despite warning from Michelle.

4. We have the same combinations of edit patterns like we had in Jake/Vienna season where F1 has shades of both risk/reward and Ms. Right and F2 has shades of both safety and Ms. Nice Girl. Also like Jake/Vienna and Jillian/Ed the "perfect on paper" F2 has been described as "intimidating." Brad made similar comments about Emily last night.

5. The F4 having as much or more chemistry that anyone else except the F1, yet they are not in the fantasy dates. Shawntel to me has a more advanced relationship with Brad than anyone still here except Chantal in the same way Ali did with Jake.

Vienna is not a popular person, but she is an F1 and did get an F1 edit that needs to be studied in context. I am not in any way saying that Chantal is a ringer for Vienna because she is not.

Edit seems the same to me.

Also, tptb are hitting us over the head with Chantal's edit. She is just way too competitive for me. She is coming off as self-centered and grandiose. Unless it has been discussed with the other girls, why does she think she has more rights to Brad than anyone else?
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4194433;
    I already edited it out because I was given the wrong info in an article. Shocking isn't it? No idea if it fits a pattern or is just an editing device but think there's a reason they end with Emily's date and not Chantal's.

Thanks for explaining Bevorules.
    Yeah it sounds like Chantal's date will the Bettina HTD that never was. Will her dad approve? duh duh duh

Emily's will be last so they can promote the H3LL out of Ricki's meeting with Brad... stay tuned!... oh I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;4194443;
    Yeah it sounds like Chantal's date will the Bettina HTD that never was. Will her dad approve? duh duh duh

Emily's will be last so they can promote the H3LL out of Ricki's meeting with Brad... stay tuned!... oh I will.
    IMO, the only reason to watch next week is to watch Emily and her daughter. It's already been implanted in our heads.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.