Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    Yes, Shawntels dad did give his blessing too. The conversation with Chantals dad is misleading. It looks as if Brad ask her dad for his blessing, but it's Daddy O that starts that conversation, and Brad just said his intentions were good..
    Shawntel dad was giving his blessing for his daughter, in what she wanted to do. He wanted her to stay there and run the business, but Shawntel was insistant on she was in love and that meant moving to Austin. Daddy O was giving blessings for Brad to marry his daughter. Which Brad stated he didn't ask.

And actually, it may have been unsolicited - or it may not. We don't know what was discussed prior to Chantal's dad's statement. There is a possibilty that it was thrown together with the edit making it appear that Brad never asked for his blessing. If Chantal is F1, they want to keep us guessing till the end. Making it appear that Brad received his blessing unsolicited would contribute to that. Of course I'm not saying that did happen, but it certainly could.
    Brad said not, I'm just going on what he said. One thing was clear that didn't happen before Chantal's dad statement, that Brad didn't ask.

FORT Newbie

Can someone refresh my memory?? Where and when did the statement "don't believe everything hear/see" or whatever it was, take place?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Shawntel dad was giving his blessing for his daughter, in what she wanted to do. He wanted her to stay there and run the business, but Shawntel was insistant on she was in love and that meant moving to Austin. Daddy O was giving blessings for Brad to marry his daughter. Which Brad stated he didn't ask.

Brad said not, I'm just going on what he said. One thing was clear that didn't happen before Chantal's dad statement, that Brad didn't ask.
    I'd have to re-watch it, but the way the show is sliced and diced, we don't know for sure what was said in reaction to what comment. We've heard many times after the fact how, through the edit, they can make things sound the opposite of what a person is actually trying to say.
    For me, the most important thing I rely on in deciding what I fell is going on and who I believe will be the final one is body language. It's harder to mess with than the slice and dice edit!

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedabbie View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory?? Where and when did the statement "don't believe everything hear/see" or whatever it was, take place?
    that was a spoiler that Lithargic posted way back in the beginning. Refer to the first post in "here's what I know" for more info on that.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedabbie View Post
    Try to remember the bold, when you read that post, then look for posts
    from babyfaceC (Brad's best friend & business partner) to form a better
    opinion.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    that was a spoiler that Lithargic posted way back in the beginning. Refer to the first post in "here's what I know" for more info on that.
    Thanks! I guess that kills my theory that it could be a hint that we're not to believe the spoiler that Chantal is indeed F1. I'm having trouble squaring that things are the way they seem. Something is fishy, IMO... There seems to be too many contradictions this season. I'm wondering if maybe there is an ongoing campaign to "Fleiss" RS this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I agree with this 100%. It was evident to us that Brad & Chantal's
    father spent quite a bit of time talking. We will never know if Brad
    asked for his blessing unless it is mentioned at the FRC, the ATFR or in media interviews that follow.
    We saw 15 minutes of 8-12 hours. We see what they want us to see. They could have launched a space shuttle from the backyard and we wouldn't know if they didn't show us.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    We saw 15 minutes of 8-12 hours. We see what they want us to see. They could have launched a space shuttle from the backyard and we wouldn't know if they didn't show us.
    or played some football and let brad make a fool out of himself

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I agree with this 100%. It was evident to us that Brad & Chantal's
    father spent quite a bit of time talking. We will never know if Brad
    asked for his blessing unless it is mentioned at the FRC, the ATFR or in media interviews that follow.
    Here's the paragraph from Brad's blog where he talks about parental blessings:

One thing I'd like to point out – it seemed as if this go-around I wasn't met with any skepticism. During my last experience on The Bachelor, I felt like I had to convince some of the family members that it was a very real experience and that love is possible, even in such a unique situation. This time, all of the families seemed to accept that and not question it at all. In fact, I even received unsolicited blessings from some of the fathers (which I greatly appreciated).

He didn't say that he didn't ask any of the fathers for their blessings.
    He didn't say that he didn't ask all of the fathers for their blessings.
    He didn't say he asked some but not others.
    What he did say is written intentionally vague so as to leave us to question what he really meant, and fill in the blanks for ourselves.

It worked.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post

Here's the paragraph from Brad's blog where he talks about parental blessings:

One thing I'd like to point out – it seemed as if this go-around I wasn't met with any skepticism. During my last experience on The Bachelor, I felt like I had to convince some of the family members that it was a very real experience and that love is possible, even in such a unique situation. This time, all of the families seemed to accept that and not question it at all. In fact, I even received unsolicited blessings from some of the fathers (which I greatly appreciated).

He didn't say that he didn't ask any of the fathers for their blessings.
    He didn't say that he didn't ask all of the fathers for their blessings.
    He didn't say he asked some but not others.
    What he did say is written intentionally vague so as to leave us to question what he really meant, and fill in the blanks for ourselves.

It worked.
    Thanks! That's the point I've been trying to get across in several posts.
    As far as Brad and whomever he picks is concerned, originally I was puling for Emily. As I've watched, it appears to me that the chemistry is there more with Chantal. I have a pretty good track record of picking "winners" on this show, but the edit skews things and besides, what difference does it make? When you get right down to it, I don't know any of these people and my life will go on however the show ends. I enjoy seeing what I perceive as a love story, but the years of watching this show have left me pretty jaded in that respect.