Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

I love how Michael has failed with his last two setups for the next B/ette, and this latest time with the Perfect Edit, but got dumped.

All that hard work...
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    So, who had the date on Brad's birthday? He was in SA. I know the order they are showing them but doesn't mean it's the order they actually happened as we know according to the HTD.
    Oh good question! I wonder if someone could find this info. It would
    just be fun to know!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese View Post
    I will preface this by saying that if Brad fell in love with Chantal - I am very happy for him - and I hope it works out. But it's not that I see Chantal as the villain - but that the crying and whining gets old after a while. It seems Brad cannot make Chantal happy even though they have had some great dates and a lot of time together. And for someone who says he moves slow - someone like Chantal who declares she is in love right off the bat - I think would be unnerving to Brad. I'm sure what we see of Chantal is an exaggeration but she does come across to me as being very needy. In contrast Emily is a happy person and has made the best of her situation. Yes, something is missing but she can survive. Maybe Emily is too independent and is not for Brad - maybe he needs someone who needs him - who's to know? ! I found Michelle amusing - obviously she was playing - but Chantal I see as high maintenance.
    Brad is physically and sexually attracted to Chantal, but he has said that he can't handle the emotional roller coaster that she is. What happens when the initial "high" of the sexual attraction begins to wear down? Chantal will still have the same exuberant, volital temperament and personality with highs and lows.

In real life time, we know that it was on the last day of the hometown visits (Nov. 2nd) which would have been after Chantal's HT that Brad sent the last text to Laurel where he wished Laurel Happy Birthday, and he also said to Laurel that he had not heard from her. It is important to keep in mind that he not only wished her Happy Birthday, but he also reminded her that he wanted to know why she had not contacted him back. This was while he was supposed to be falling in love with Chantal.

If we are going to study the edit for clues, we need to study all of it,imo, and that includes all of the media as well and try to study it objectively if our aim is to arrive at some kind of possible truthful conclusion at the end. We can throw out what doesn't pan out, but we need to look at everything straight on along the way.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Brad is physically and sexually attracted to Chantal, but he has said that he can't handle the emotional roller coaster that she is. What happens when the initial "high" of the sexual attraction begins to wear down? Chantal will still have the same exuberant, volital temperament and personality with highs and lows.

If we are going to study the edit for clues, we need to study all of it,imo, and that includes all of the media as well and try to study it objectively if our aim is to arrive at some kind of possible truthful conclusion at the end. We can throw out what doesn't pan out, but we need to look at everything straight on along the way.
    *snipped*
    These are Chantal's own words from epi 3.
    "I'm over the drama. I just want it to stop. I just want to be able to focus on why we're here and not keep seeing people crying. And I highly doubt that he (Brad) wants a girl that is doing all those things."

I'm seeing the Brad/Chantal relationship on a decline. They peaked very early and for a while Brad was constantly dealing with her roller/coaster, possibly leveling out his initial attraction to her. We are no longer seeing those passionate kisses- on her HTD he kept his hands in his pocket the whole time while she had her arms around his neck and we only saw him offer her a peck.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post

In real life time, we know that it was on the last day of the hometown visits (Nov. 2nd) which would have been after Chantal's HT that Brad sent the last text to Laurel where he wished Laurel Happy Birthday, and he also said to Laurel that he had not heard from her. It is important to keep in mind that he not only wished her Happy Birthday, but he also reminded her that he wanted to know why she had not contacted him back. This was while he was supposed to be falling in love with Chantal.

true, but studying this particular piece of media is difficult since we only heard Laurel's explanation and saw Brad's texts so in effect we are getting two 1 sided stories. I think it is actually often the "injuring" party in a break-up that continues to reach out to the "injured" party - the combination of guilt and affection makes the person keep wanting to see if their ex is okay; they want to lose the guilt. If he really was falling in love with any of these women on his show, it doesn't strike me as a problem to be feeling guilty about Laurel and checking on her- Brad seems like a very loyal guy - that just might be his achilles heel.

Also, i know Brad says he doesn't want drama; all men say they don't want drama, but clearly men fall in love with volatile women just as often as they fall in love with calm, serene women. Personally I think a guy as dull as Brad needs someone with a lively, outgoing personality to keep him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    *snipped* These are Chantal's own words from epi 3. "I'm over the drama. I just want it to stop. I just want to be able to focus on why we're here and not keep seeing people crying. And I highly doubt that he (Brad) wants a girl that is doing all those things." I'm seeing the Brad/Chantal relationship on a decline. They peaked very early and for a while Brad was constantly dealing with her roller/coaster, possibly leveling out his initial attraction to her. We are no longer seeing those passionate kisses- on her HTD he kept his hands in his pocket the whole time while she had her arms around his neck and we only saw him offer her a peck.
    You bring up a good point here - I forgot about that PI which was deliberately left in the edit IMO. Chantel was not part of the drama in ep 3 - yes they showed this PI and they showed her giving an opinion about the drama queens to ali/rob. And then immediately after, she turns out to constantly give Brad much of the same - drama. yeah the definitely left that in the edit for a reason. Also - I did notice that Brad was not as comfortable with her on the HTD as previously.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    [snipped] Adding to Brad's conflict over which romantic connection he wants, we now must decide which role Brad will choose.

Does he want to be the son in Chantal's family and finally have a father figure until they have their own children?

or

Does he want to be the father figure in Emily's family?

What have we seen to date that gives us the answer? How might that answer change next week?

Bringing this forward because I'm WAAAY behind. To add to what veg_out has posted, there's the challenge that Chantal gave Brad earlier this season:

"Will you be man enough ... "

If this is Brad's season of redemption, which role would give him the most amount of redemption?

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    I love how Michael has failed with his last two setups for the next B/ette, and this latest time with the Perfect Edit, but got dumped.

All that hard work...
    Me too.

I doubt he could ever learn any lessons from this.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I think his birthday is November 10, 1972.
    Thanks. I do know that Cancer and Scorpio are both water signs. I'll have to check out the Aquarian and Scorpio connection.

FORT Fogey

I know that the girls usually go to their hometowns but only get to see the families during filming, right? Then they go back with handler in tow to wait for the RC. I think I caught Emily saying to Brad when they got up from the couch 'wish you could stay a week in Charlotte'. Do you think Emily got to stay a few days with Ricki before going back to NY? She was the first hometown filmed wasn't she.