Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

This season is so full of contradictions. Brad says he likes to take it slow, yet he says he fell for his F1 "early on". He is smooching with Chantal- hardly taking it slow, yet won't touch Emily. He says he loves how Chantal is NOT needy, but independent and confident, yet Emily seems to be the grown-up of the two women. Either he is such a jerk or we are seeing a lot of editing when it comes to both girls. Nothing makes sense to me here. He is either slow when it comes to women or he grabs T&A when he can get it.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Her birthday is February 1st.
    Thanks. So She's an Aquarian(sp?). What is Brad's birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    Thanks. So She's an Aquarian(sp?). What is Brad's birthday?

I think his birthday is November 10, 1972.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Any man who's not had a father figure in his life needs to have that - whether he's 16 or 38.

My son lost his father a couple years ago, and had been out of his life for several years before that - he never had any other father figure, and I hope he finds one someday - whether it's a year from now or 20 years from now. Never discount the bond between a man and his father figure - at any age.

Parenthood is no replacement for not having a father.
    My dad lost his father at a young age, and had a lousy step-father. He learned to parent by my mom's father's example. They became very close. I have to say I have a wonderful dad, infact Mike O reminds me a lot of him . Even in my 40s the hug and talks are an important part of my life. Brad does not need a "father" so much as a mentor and a good father in law relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Right, but it was purposely made to look like the comments were about Chantal and her dad, and not about Shawntel and her dad. Perhaps reason being that TPTB wanted the audience to know that Brad had gotten the only blessing that mattered, from the father of the woman he was going to propose to.
    My guess is that Brad may have been talking about the unsolicited blessing from Shawntelle's Dad, and then went on to talk about how glad he was Chantal's dad gave his blessing. Because you can't tell me he was trying to get Shawntelle's Dad's blessing. If I remember the comment he made when they were leaving the funeral home and Shawntelle said my family will love you, and Brad said "we will see" or something like it. He had already decided Shawntelle was out before he got to the family home in my oppinion.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-24-2011 at 07:48 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by carefree2 View Post
    My dad lost his father at a young age, and had a lousy step-father. He learned to parent by my mom's father's example. They became very close. I have to say I have a wonderful dad, infact Mike O reminds me a lot of him . Even in my 40s the hug and talks are an important part of my life. Brad does not need a "father" so much as a mentor and a good father in law relationship.
    thank you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
    This season is so full of contradictions. Brad says he likes to take it slow, yet he says he fell for his F1 "early on". He is smooching with Chantal- hardly taking it slow, yet won't touch Emily. He says he loves how Chantal is NOT needy, but independent and confident, yet Emily seems to be the grown-up of the two women. Either he is such a jerk or we are seeing a lot of editing when it comes to both girls. Nothing makes sense to me here. He is either slow when it comes to women or he grabs T&A when he can get it.

welcome to Fleiss' world.

Brad said clearly that he fell BEFORE even the 1:1. He kept coming back to her.

It is easy to delete everything and keep only someone in tears and make her look like she is emotional and "needy".

However we saw Chantal not that needy too. We saw her pretty much good day and bad day. We saw her happy, funny, jealeous, tired, beautiful, "puffy and all", adventurous, facing her fears (sea), and most of all IN LOVE. I saw a woman full of life so far.

We could say the same with Emily about edition but what did we see?

Emily in tears because she was upset about the absolute love of her life, upset because she ruins every relationships, but we indeed saw her beautifull, tired, funny, happy... and most of all NOT IN LOVE. I did not see her also facing any fears or jealous. I saw a woman that people call "doll with a soul of mother theresa".

It is very easy to read between the line. The producers made sure to mud our eyes about chantal. They played her so very much on her love and emotion.

They did the same with Emily but they made her look like "perfect" and to a certain extend, not human. They put her in the role of the poor mother with a 5 years daughter desesperate to be loved.

Chantal could have been the villain and Emily the princess... but in the end, most of the fans did not see chantal as the villain at all (of course it was michelle).

It is a win-win situation that people love both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Here's some I read this morning. I think someone posted some of it.

It's getting nigh on to crunch time as The Bachelor's Brad Womack is down to a mere four women and must go through the tedious effort of telling each one how special she is, that she's the one, and describing to you, the utterly believing viewer, what an incredible connection he has. With all four women.

You know, the same connection he had with the ones he cut loose

It sets the bar very high for any man to come into Emily's life. But I will try my hardest to break through to Emily."

Any by that I mean, there's no freakin' way I'm gonna let some dead guy come between me and those cans!

That Brad Womack. The man can't shout it any louder, that he fell in love with Emily. He said throughout the show, he won't let Emily sabotage what they have.
    You do realize that the line about the "cans" was Peter Gilstrap's punchline joke about what Brad really meant with his "bar very high" voiceover on the show? It's from The Soup Blog" on EOnline. They make fun of all Bachelor silliness. Brad didn't say that. The title on that segment is "The Whole Caring Thing Getting Harder For Brad on the Bachelor". They were making fun of him and Emily.

So, who had the date on Brad's birthday? He was in SA. I know the order they are showing them but doesn't mean it's the order they actually happened as we know according to the HTD.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    welcome to Fleiss' world.

Brad said clearly that he fell BEFORE even the 1:1. He kept coming back to her.

It is easy to delete everything and keep only someone in tears and make her look like she is emotional and "needy".

However we saw Chantal not that needy too. We saw her pretty much good day and bad day. We saw her happy, funny, jealeous, tired, beautiful, "puffy and all", adventurous, facing her fears (sea), and most of all IN LOVE. I saw a woman full of life so far.

We could say the same with Emily about edition but what did we see?

Emily in tears because she was upset about the absolute love of her life, upset because she ruins every relationships, but we indeed saw her beautifull, tired, funny, happy... and most of all NOT IN LOVE. I did not see her also facing any fears or jealous. I saw a woman that people call "doll with a soul of mother theresa".

It is very easy to read between the line. The producers made sure to mud our eyes about chantal. They played her so very much on her love and emotion.

They did the same with Emily but they made her look like "perfect" and to a certain extend, not human. They put her in the role of the poor mother with a 5 years daughter desesperate to be loved.

Chantal could have been the villain and Emily the princess... but in the end, most of the fans did not see chantal as the villain at all (of course it was michelle).

It is a win-win situation that people love both of them.

I will preface this by saying that if Brad fell in love with Chantal - I am very happy for him - and I hope it works out. But it's not that I see Chantal as the villain - but that the crying and whining gets old after a while. It seems Brad cannot make Chantal happy even though they have had some great dates and a lot of time together. And for someone who says he moves slow - someone like Chantal who declares she is in love right off the bat - I think would be unnerving to Brad. I'm sure what we see of Chantal is an exaggeration but she does come across to me as being very needy. In contrast Emily is a happy person and has made the best of her situation. Yes, something is missing but she can survive. Maybe Emily is too independent and is not for Brad - maybe he needs someone who needs him - who's to know? ! I found Michelle amusing - obviously she was playing - but Chantal I see as high maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    Yes, he did. I remember them showing his part of the phone conversation. I just don't remember if Melissa was with him or if he was alone.
    He was shown alone.