Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

  1. #1071
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    I agree Jelle,
    I found it strange that all of Brads PI's on Chantals HTD were done in the clothes he wore that day, except for the one where he says "I want him to give me his blessing". In watching that scene in the cellar, to me it looks like Daddy O pulls Brad in there, because Brad first says "Uh Oh", implying that what am I in store for here.. It's actually the father that starts speaking first but its cut to Brad saying "my intentions are good" making it appear that it is Brad that is asking for his approval. The edit wants you to think he asked, but I don't think he did. Chantal is the only one that had mention of that on HTD's, so why the need for that comment in his blog unsolicited? Just seems odd
    I just watched it again and you can see Brad saying something right before we see him saying that his intentions are good so we don't know if it was unsolicited or not.

    I also went back and watched Chantal telling Brad she loved him again and it's very choppy. You can't tell for sure if he looks down when she 1st says it and there's one point that he's going in to kissing her on one cheek and then they're showing him kissing or hugging the other side. I thought he was quite moved by her confession. Obviously YMMV.

  2. #1072
    FORT Fan realityismylife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    285

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    snipped
    Does he want to be the son in Chantal's family and finally have a father figure until they have their own children?

    or

    Does he want to be the father figure in Emily's family?

    What have we seen to date that gives us the answer? How might that answer change next week?
    I'm way behind on posts, but this stuck out for me. This is exactly what Brad will be deciding. IMO He would do well to be the son so that he has a mentor for being a father - something I think he's been missing in his life.

  3. #1073
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post
    I didn't see a difference in how Brad reacted to either Chantal or Shawntel's declarations of love. It was good to see Brad's reaction to Shawntel because it created a benchmark for me - I saw that Brad thinks of Chantal the same as he does Shawntel.

    As for Brad's reaction to Emily saying that she was falling for Brad, it was not shown. MF, quite cleverly, switched to footage that was not Brad's reaction. He then added an Emily VO that talked about her being on cloud nine to make it appear as if we were watching Brad's reaction. Casual viewers probably assumed that was Brad's reaction when his reaction was more likely "I want so badly to get affectionate with you ...". That whole couch scene was spliced and diced to manipulate viewers - more of this season's tricky editing.

    Based on comments from Brad, I'm leaning towards his F2 (in terms of affection) was Ashley, but he let her go at F3 because it was easier to take Chantal to F2.
    I agree with that and why I believe she got the group rose too. We see he pulled her away for SQT first.


    I'm curious how many times that scene had to be re-shot because
    of his initial reaction? Guess we will never know.

    On the other hand, we did hear him talking to Chantal about moving,
    buying a bigger house, who would be moving. In the previews we were
    shown him actually tell her that he found himself looking for homes on
    his trip there. I wonder why this wasn't actually shown?

    I don't think we've ever heard these types of conversations with Emily.
    We didn't hear them with Roberto.
    During Byron season, we heard them with Tanya.

  4. #1074
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I just watched it again and you can see Brad saying something right before we see him saying that his intentions are good so we don't know if it was unsolicited or not.

    I also went back and watched Chantal telling Brad she loved him again and it's very choppy. You can't tell for sure if he looks down when she 1st says it and there's one point that he's going in to kissing her on one cheek and then they're showing him kissing or hugging the other side. I thought he was quite moved by her confession. Obviously YMMV.

    however it is only with chantal that we hear brad that he want chantal's dad blessing uh????

    since brad is an old fashion guy, gentleman and very family oriented... I cannot imagine him proposing without the blessing of the dad.....
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-23-2011 at 07:36 PM.

  5. #1075
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by realityismylife View Post
    I'm way behind on posts, but this stuck out for me. This is exactly what Brad will be deciding. IMO He would do well to be the son so that he has a mentor for being a father - something I think he's been missing in his life.
    again where is this coming form that chantal's dad will be a remplacement of his own dad or brad is looking for a father figure?????????

    AGAIN... I have seen many bachelor getting along very well with the girls families and nobody mentionned that they were looking for a father figure!!!!

    Yes he likes and respects a lot chantal's father, he could relate to him because both their father rejected them. So they have tons in commun and they will become very much like step father and son in law with a generation between them and a girl to love in between

    so very normal if you really look at it! Does anybody here do have their husband getting very well along with their step father? I cannot believe that this is exceptionnal here!!!

  6. #1076
    Astro Girl Cathy S''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    180

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    The edit is showing us that if has chosen Chantal, life with her will always be a rollercoaster because that is her temperament. She seems to have extremes - highs and lows.
    From an astrological point of Chantel is a Cancer. Cancer's (yes) have sensitive hearts, especially when ther feeling for another loved one is concerned. Putting myself in her shoes, I would be very upset to see the man I care about kissing and swooning other girls. That is one of the hardest things to deal with as a single person. Not knowing how much a man really cares about you. Does he care about someone else? Especially this day & age. Guarantee Chantel is not the only one, she is just the only edit. I love how up front and honest Chantel is. SHe does wear her heart on her sleeve and she knows herself and her emotions well. She communicates it beautifully. Chantel has a huge heart and I am sure Brad sees that he will be loved and cherished. The tears will stop once she has him all for herself. Then there will be tears of love and joy. That is just the way of it and a Cancers heart.
    In Love with Love

  7. #1077
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy S' View Post
    From an astrological point of Chantel is a Cancer. Cancer's (yes) have sensitive hearts, especially when ther feeling for another loved one is concerned. Putting myself in her shoes, I would be very upset to see the man I care about kissing and swooning other girls. That is one of the hardest things to deal with as a single person. Not knowing how much a man really cares about you. Does he care about someone else? Especially this day & age. Guarantee Chantel is not the only one, she is just the only edit. I love how up front and honest Chantel is. SHe does wear her heart on her sleeve and she knows herself and her emotions well. She communicates it beautifully. Chantel has a huge heart and I am sure Brad sees that he will be loved and cherished. The tears will stop once she has him all for herself. Then there will be tears of love and joy. That is just the way of it and a Cancers heart.
    Nice post and I agree. I also think that the tears will stop when she has him to herself. I think brad's fear of commitment is making his doubts about her being emotional larger than it really needs to be. JMO.

  8. #1078
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,913

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    again where is this coming form that chantal's dad will be a remplacement of his own dad or brad is looking for a father figure?????????

    AGAIN... I have seen many bachelor getting along very well with the girls families and nobody mentionned that they were looking for a father figure!!!!

    Yes he likes and respects a lot chantal's father, he could relate to him because both their father rejected them. So they have tons in commun and they will become very much like step father and son in law with a generation between them and a girl to love in between

    so very normal if you really look at it! Does anybody here do have their husband getting very well along with their step father? I cannot believe that this is exceptionnal here!!!
    The difference between this season with Brad and Mike and all other seasons with the Bachelors and the prospective fathers-in-laws is a matter of both emotional issues and age.

    There has been a tremendous emphasis placed in the edit on the emotional emptiness Brad feels for his father. On the other hand, he got on with Mike O'Brien like a house on fire; however, Mike O at the very most is only 17 years older than Brad. That is not typically the generation that we see in the Bachelor Hometown Dates when we view the potential father-in-laws.

    Obviously, Brad is looking up to Mike O with tremendous respect. He would be the father figure that Brad does not have in his life IF we are to believe the edit and what we have been told. Still, there is this crazy age difference of only 17 years which is not very much like a father.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  9. #1079
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy S' View Post
    From an astrological point of Chantel is a Cancer. Cancer's (yes) have sensitive hearts, especially when ther feeling for another loved one is concerned. Putting myself in her shoes, I would be very upset to see the man I care about kissing and swooning other girls. That is one of the hardest things to deal with as a single person. Not knowing how much a man really cares about you. Does he care about someone else? Especially this day & age. Guarantee Chantel is not the only one, she is just the only edit. I love how up front and honest Chantel is. SHe does wear her heart on her sleeve and she knows herself and her emotions well. She communicates it beautifully. Chantel has a huge heart and I am sure Brad sees that he will be loved and cherished. The tears will stop once she has him all for herself. Then there will be tears of love and joy. That is just the way of it and a Cancers heart.
    please refresh my mind which sign is emily?

    brad is scorpio right?

  10. #1080
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    475

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    I agree Jelle,
    I found it strange that all of Brads PI's on Chantals HTD were done in the clothes he wore that day, except for the one where he says "I want him to give me his blessing". In watching that scene in the cellar, to me it looks like Daddy O pulls Brad in there, because Brad first says "Uh Oh", implying that what am I in store for here.. It's actually the father that starts speaking first but its cut to Brad saying "my intentions are good" making it appear that it is Brad that is asking for his approval. The edit wants you to think he asked, but I don't think he did. Chantal is the only one that had mention of that on HTD's, so why the need for that comment in his blog unsolicited? Just seems odd
    Brad's PI statement made while in Chico for Shawntel's HTD was:

    "So I want him to give me his blessing."

    He's not saying he wanted - past tense - to give him his blessing, so Brad must be referring to someone he has not met yet. At this point, it could have been Ashley since her HTD followed Shawntel's. Or he may be referring to Emily's dad since it appears he has not had a chance to ask him either. But it doesn't sound like Brad was referring to Chantal's dad - unless TPTB asked him a twisted question that forced him to answer in the present tense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.