Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow View Post
    Somehow I doubt that Brad said that he wasn't going to let some dead guy come between Emily and her cans. That sounds more like something RS would say.
    LOL... took the words right out of my mouth

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
    After reading this I had to watch their HTD again. You are right. What I took as being just plain mean to Emily for not wanting to kiss her with her daughter upstairs, surely looks like Mr. Brad was feeling a lot more than just wanting to kiss her. He was surely hot under the collar there. I did not understand why she was laughing and almost thought she was gonna cry at first, now it makes sense. Then when she told him she wanted him to stay in Charlotte for a week, he said something like- oh you picked up on that. Probably not those exact words but that is what I understood it to mean.

He also said so many things in his PI. You see him saying, I will paraphrase cause he said a lot more than this, and also said it with so much conviction, that he would cherish the opportunity to be a father figure to Ricki. It does not make sense to me for him to say that esp at this time in the process if he is saying post show that he fell for his F1 early on.
    The casual viewer who watched Emily's HTD just once was probably left with the impression that Brad is not ready to be an instant father. That's so far from the truth based on his PIs and how MF cleverly manipulated that couch scene. MF continues with this in the preview by showing Emily ask Brad if he's ready for a 5 year old. I think Brad was uncomfortable and did not know what the right thing to do when wanting to be intimate with a young mother, but he'll figure it out. It won't be the reason for rejecting Emily. If anything, it added to his reasons for picking Emily judging by his reaction when she asked Brad to come upstairs. The way he timidly answered "can I?" - he thought it was incredulous - and the big grin as he bounded up those steps to say goodnight to Ricki. So I didn't see any reason why Brad would reject Emily on her HTD.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Brad did not ask the blessing of Chantal's father. It was shown as unsolicited. When Brad speaks about having a father's blessing, he was dressed in the clothes he wore on Shawntel's date. We do not know what or who he was referring to. Although several parental units gave him their blessing, it was unsolicited.
    I agree Jelle,
    I found it strange that all of Brads PI's on Chantals HTD were done in the clothes he wore that day, except for the one where he says "I want him to give me his blessing". In watching that scene in the cellar, to me it looks like Daddy O pulls Brad in there, because Brad first says "Uh Oh", implying that what am I in store for here.. It's actually the father that starts speaking first but its cut to Brad saying "my intentions are good" making it appear that it is Brad that is asking for his approval. The edit wants you to think he asked, but I don't think he did. Chantal is the only one that had mention of that on HTD's, so why the need for that comment in his blog unsolicited? Just seems odd

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post
    The casual viewer who watched Emily's HTD just once was probably left with the impression that Brad is not ready to be an instant father. That's so far from the truth based on his PIs and how MF cleverly manipulated that couch scene. MF continues with this in the preview by showing Emily ask Brad if he's ready for a 5 year old. I think Brad was uncomfortable and did not know what the right thing to do when wanting to be intimate with a young mother, but he'll figure it out. It won't be the reason for rejecting Emily. If anything, it added to his reasons for picking Emily judging by his reaction when she asked Brad to come upstairs. The way he timidly answered "can I?" - he thought it was incredulous - and the big grin as he bounded up those steps to say goodnight to Ricki. So I didn't see any reason why Brad would reject Emily on her HTD.
    I agree, however, sometimes reality hits home and maybe he realized he wasn't as ready for all that an instant family entails as he thought he maybe. I don't know the answer but I can see it going both ways.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post

Re Bold: One of my favorite moments of the whole HTD!!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    Re Bold: One of my favorite moments of the whole HTD!!!!
    that was cute.

how long did he stay downstairs waiting for the "can I"

Quote Originally Posted by amcd4377 View Post
    Yet his responses to both of these declarations are much warmer than his response when Emily says she can see herself completely falling in love with him.
    What did he do when Chantal told him that, put his head down. With Emily he looks straight at her.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What did he do when Chantal told him that, put his head down. With Emily he looks straight at her.
    I'm curious how many times that scene had to be re-shot because
    of his initial reaction? Guess we will never know.

On the other hand, we did hear him talking to Chantal about moving,
    buying a bigger house, who would be moving. In the previews we were
    shown him actually tell her that he found himself looking for homes on
    his trip there. I wonder why this wasn't actually shown?

I don't think we've ever heard these types of conversations with Emily.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by amcd4377 View Post
    Yet his responses to both of these declarations are much warmer than his response when Emily says she can see herself completely falling in love with him.
    I didn't see a difference in how Brad reacted to either Chantal or Shawntel's declarations of love. It was good to see Brad's reaction to Shawntel because it created a benchmark for me - I saw that Brad thinks of Chantal the same as he does Shawntel.

As for Brad's reaction to Emily saying that she was falling for Brad, it was not shown. MF, quite cleverly, switched to footage that was not Brad's reaction. He then added an Emily VO that talked about her being on cloud nine to make it appear as if we were watching Brad's reaction. Casual viewers probably assumed that was Brad's reaction when his reaction was more likely "I want so badly to get affectionate with you ...". That whole couch scene was spliced and diced to manipulate viewers - more of this season's tricky editing.

Based on comments from Brad, I'm leaning towards his F2 (in terms of affection) was Ashley, but he let her go at F3 because it was easier to take Chantal to F2.

Did Jesse get the default F1 edit during Deanna's season because Graham was her true F1 before he left the show?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."