Page 103 of 200 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1996

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

ironcat, I love you to bits, but here's Brad's response to some producer question during their Anguilla date:

1. "I respect Emily to no end."
    2. "I love our conversation."
    3. "I think she's the most beautiful woman."

We see him say those things in an uninterrupted PI. Then a VO is added, "I'm a lucky guy."

Just as Chantal is there because of his relationship with her so is Emily. There's more between them than Emily just being gorgeous as is the case with Chantal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Alexxx, I'm not picking on you, I just always seem to reply to your posts

I thought Emily stayed around to F2 because she was the next B'ette?

Shawntel, no way under Mr. O'Brien's great statue that Shawntel was in love with Brad. No way. The girl played her role wonderfully, but no way she woulda been crushed if he didn't pick her. He could have taken her to F2. Perhaps, she was guaranteed an F4 spot simply for staying with the show once Chris L. walked.

If he really didn't care for Emily, he could have let her go at F3 and taken Ashley to F2.

Chantal and Emily are in the F2 because those girls are the ones whom he most cared for.
    First bolded: Emily stayed to F2 and was given the great edit to entice her to be the next B'ette, I'm sure. She didn't accept the role, but she's still TV gold whether she's the next lead or not. Her backstory is a freakin Hallmark movie of the week. Why would they let her go before the end, whether she agrees to be the next lead or not? And as I said, I'm sure Brad liked her.

Second bolded: Real Shawntel may not have been in love with Brad, but edited Shawntel was. She told him so and he didn't reciprocate her feelings. She had to go.

Third bolded: How many times have we heard that the F3 is the person hardest to let go? For many leads, the F3 is the one the lead falls for, second only to the F1. We'll find out next week [the edited reason] why Ashley is let go, but I haven't ruled out the possibility that Emily was the original F3 and Ashley the original F2.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    he said "Their's so much love that Emily has for her ex that she holds onto rightfully so. It sets the bar very high for any man to try to come into Emily's life but I want to be given the opportunity so badly and i'll try my hardest to break through to Emily"
    Phew! Talk about giving every relationship a chance....he wasn't kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    First bolded: Emily stayed to F2 and was given the great edit to entice her to be the next B'ette, I'm sure. She didn't accept the role, but she's still TV gold whether she's the next lead or not. Her backstory is a freakin Hallmark movie of the week. Why would they let her go before the end, whether she agrees to be the next lead or not? And as I said, I'm sure Brad liked her.

Second bolded: Real Shawntel may not have been in love with Brad, but edited Shawntel was. She told him so and he didn't reciprocate her feelings. She had to go.

Third bolded: How many times have we heard that the F3 is the person hardest to let go? For many leads, the F3 is the one the lead falls for, second only to the F1. We'll find out next week [the edited reason] why Ashley is let go, but I haven't ruled out the possibility that Emily was the original F3 and Ashley the original F2.
    Do we know for sure that Emily was offered the role? Or are we just going on RS?

I guess I'm confused now. I responded to your first post that Shawntel would have been heartbroken if Brad broke up with her any later than F4. I took that to mean "real" Shawntel.

If Chantal is the one who stole his heart, then it doesn't matter if it's Emily or Ashley as the F2. I'd expect him to drop out Emily at F3 and take Ashley, the easier dump, to the F2. From the HTDs, it was rather obvious that he and Ash still had plenty of get-to-know-you that needed to happen before a proposal.

Why is it so hard to accept that Emily is in the F2 because Brad has feelings for her? No one is fighting over why Chantal is in the F2. Why is it some crazy producer manipulation that has Emily in the F2 because he cares for her as much as Chantal? I don't get it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    he said "Their's so much love that Emily has for her ex that she holds onto rightfully so. It sets the bar very high for any man to try to come into Emily's life but I want to be given the opportunity so badly and i'll try my hardest to break through to Emily"

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    Phew! Talk about giving every relationship a chance....he wasn't kidding!

Lest you think that is extremely noble of him, please remember that this is the same Brad that distinctly told us that he knew who his F1 was very early - if not by a group date than by a first 1-1 date. (That is documented in an interview.) Therefore, it really didn't matter how much he gave each relationship a chance. His heart and mind already knew and were made up.
    Personally, I think it was established the first night.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    And then last week he asks her "do you still feel the same?" Doesn't sound like a guy who didn't feel anything at her declaration of love to me.
    Maybe because I am so sure it's Emily the fact that I think Chantal is so LOVING and bubbly and fun has gotten LOST. In no way, do I think he doesn't care about Chantal. If that is what has come cross... LET ME TELL YOU, that is NOT the case. But according to Brad... he knew from his first 1:1 or his first group date... which could have been the very first night or the second night in which with Ali and Roberto give him insight, Emily gets the rose.Who knows for sure? I surely don't or I can't guarantee a thing.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fogey

Do we know for sure that Emily was offered the role? Or are we just going on RS?

I guess I'm confused now. I responded to your first post that Shawntel would have been heartbroken if Brad broke up with her any later than F4. I took that to mean "real" Shawntel.

If Chantal is the one who stole his heart, then it doesn't matter if it's Emily or Ashley as the F2. I'd expect him to drop out Emily at F3 and take Ashley, the easier dump, to the F2. From the HTDs, it was rather obvious that he and Ash still had plenty of get-to-know-you that needed to happen before a proposal.

Why is it so hard to accept that Emily is in the F2 because Brad has feelings for her? No one is fighting over why Chantal is in the F2. Why is it some crazy producer manipulation that has Emily in the F2 because he cares for her as much as Chantal? I don't get it.
    No, we don't know Emily was offered the role. I guess we don't really know she declined either, only that she won't be the next lead, with only RS as a source.

Shawntel -- yeah, sometimes it's hard to read whether posters mean 'real' people or 'edited' people. But, for this thread I always assume we're talking about 'edited' people.

I absolutely do believe Brad had feelings for Emily. It just seems that his feelings for Chantal far out-distanced the rest of the pack so that it didn't matter who was F2 or F3 or even F4. It's entirely possible that Emily is F2 because Brad cared for her enough to take her there. But, TPTB also loved her and I think would take her to the finals whether Brad did or not.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    Then why on earth did he keep Emily around for a not and steamy Fantasy Date if he had absolutely NO interest in her at all, and in fact could not run out of her house quickly enough?! Based on that, he certainly had more chemistry with Shawntel. Oh, but he has to keep Emily around so she is highlighted for the next Bachelorette. Oh wait.. she's not the next Bachlorette.
    If she's turned it down recently, even while it's been rumored to be in the casting process for the guys for the Bette, then obviously it's a non issue...if they had thought she'd be their "ordained" Bette this next season then yes, months ago when Brad's season taped, TPTB certainly would have encouraged keeping around any prospective Bettes.

Besides, I think even those who favor Chantal or think he ends up with Chantal nearly all have conceded at least some things that have indicated Brad had at least some degree interest in Emily, as well, whether or not they saw a "spark" - just as I think many who favor Emily or think Brad ends up with her have done, as well.

But an apparently newly made declination of a Bachelorette offer (we've had FORTers who also knew of people in the casting process who'd at least been asked if they'd be open to dating a single mom for this upcoming season - whether or not this was Emily I suppose we don't and probably really won't ever conclusively know) would be irrelevant to the FD issue from months ago. IMO
    Last edited by Kikora; 02-23-2011 at 02:49 PM.

ironcat, I love you to bits, but here's Brad's response to some producer question during their Anguilla date:

1. "I respect Emily to no end."
    2. "I love our conversation."
    3. "I think she's the most beautiful woman."

We see him say those things in an uninterrupted PI. Then a VO is added, "I'm a lucky guy."

Just as Chantal is there because of his relationship with her so is Emily. There's more between them than Emily just being gorgeous as is the case with Chantal.
    Thanks, veg, the feeling's mutual! You can be my F1 anytime.

I also don't disagree with you, I think he liked and respected Emily a lot, after initially being very attracted to her, didn't mean to imply it was only about her looks. But to me, it doesn't appear that Brad is falling in love with her, although he is really trying to because like I said, who wouldn't want to? And that, coupled with producer encouragement, is why he takes her all the way to the end, although, IMO, he picks Chantal, because that's who he fell in love with (or thinks he did).

Actually, if he ends up surprising me and picking Emily, I would have to give Brad a lot of credit, because that relationship is sure to be more complicated and fraught with obstacles (geography, parenting issues, influential family of ex to name a few), and I can't see him choosing her if he isn't madly (blindly?) in love and willing to overlook all these complications. On the surface, Chantal's situation is a piece of cake by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Lest you think that is extremely noble of him, please remember that this is the same Brad that distinctly told us that he knew who his F1 was very early - if not by a group date than by a first 1-1 date. (That is documented in an interview.) Therefore, it really didn't matter how much he gave each relationship a chance. His heart and mind already knew and were made up.
    Personally, I think it was established the first night.
    Yes, it was slapped into him. For sure.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.