Page 100 of 200 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1996

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Alexxx, what would he do if he had to choose between the statue or Boca? Oh no!

The statue made me chuckle. Who the heck has a ginormous statue in their yard?
    Someone who can afford to have one in their yard

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    As RS calls him- Mike f******g O'Brien!
    It's fine, it's fine. He does amazing work for charity, so he can have 10 statues the size of Michelangelo for all I care

Veg, I think we are long lost twins separated at birth. I think our heads are in exactly the same place this season.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

People with enough $ to afford one.

At least that statue wasn't that bad. My great uncle has this absolutely hideous statue in his backyard. My cousins and I always joke that we hope he doesn't leave it to any of them in his will. It's just that ugly.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Originally Posted by anders332
    Yes he has - but settling down and starting a family is very different from settling down with a ready made family - as gun shy Brad is about committment, we're supposed to believe he's completely ready for a committment, marriage and a 5 yo??

At this point - I think it's important to compare Em and Jason's edits. And possibly Deanna's and Brad's. Deanna and Ty got along just great and was doing leap frog by the end of the day, but at the proverbial 'end of the day' she chose someone who could give her all of his attention. What would Brad want at this point? That's what we have to consider.
    Brad said he wasn't going to let a dead guy come between him and Em, if he's not letting that stop him, certainly a ready made family isn't a problem, since he wants a family.

It's fine, it's fine. He does amazing work for charity, so he can have 10 statues the size of Michelangelo for all I care
    Sure it's fine to be a little bit tacky!
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL View Post
    Veg, I think we are long lost twins separated at birth. I think our heads are in exactly the same place this season.

It's cuz we're both Reidsters Not sure if that's a good thing regarding the outcome. LOL.

umngirl wrote:
    People with enough $ to afford one.

At least that statue wasn't that bad. My great uncle has this absolutely hideous statue in his backyard. My cousins and I always joke that we hope he doesn't leave it to any of them in his will. It's just that ugly.
    No doubt about it!

As much as I respect both men for being Renaissance men (that might be a stretch), the whole scene was rather comical, though it was wonderful to see Brad connect with Mr. O.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    Then why on earth did he keep Emily around for a not and steamy Fantasy Date if he had absolutely NO interest in her at all, and in fact could not run out of her house quickly enough?! Based on that, he certainly had more chemistry with Shawntel. Oh, but he has to keep Emily around so she is highlighted for the next Bachelorette. Oh wait.. she's not the next Bachlorette.
    because (and this is the whole point) the producers made plans that emily would be their F2 and asked brad to play the game!!!!

When a bachelor makes a choice, it is all about planning the next season bachelorette.

Brad told us that he knew in season 2007, 3 WEEKS before the FRC that he would pick no one. Pretty much every bachelor and bachelorette know who will be their F1 at mid season and since they do speak daily to the producers in order for them to set up everything, including the no cocktail seasonal cancelation... it is not hard to know

everything is orchestrated. Everything is edited. There is no natural even the outakes are retakes again. Knowing how natural brad is in front of the cameras, I am pretty sure that the crewmen did have to retake double times as usual too.
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-23-2011 at 01:44 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    Then why on earth did he keep Emily around for a not and steamy Fantasy Date if he had absolutely NO interest in her at all, and in fact could not run out of her house quickly enough?! Based on that, he certainly had more chemistry with Shawntel. Oh, but he has to keep Emily around so she is highlighted for the next Bachelorette. Oh wait.. she's not the next Bachlorette.
    Emily is TV gold. She's gorgeous, sweet, sassy (when we get to see it) and has a bonus sidekick in Ricki. Why wouldn't TPTB want her to stay as long as possible? And, Brad obviously likes her.

Brad said when he let Shawntel go that he didn't feel the way a man should feel when a woman tells him she loves him. Feeling that way, Shawntel would have been too hurt to string along to F2.

Next week Brad and Ashley will hit some kind of snag that requires him to pull her out of the RC lineup before roses are handed out. I think Ashley is invested in, if not fully falling for Brad, to the point that it would be cruel to keep her to F2 also.

That leaves Emily. I haven't seen anything to suggest an intense emotional connection on either Emily's or Brad's part. So keep her around for good TV and build up a story all around her with words, even if it isn't backed up with actions, to make viewers believe she is a viable candidate for F1. For the life of me, I really don't believe Emily will be heartbroken to be let go at F2.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Any man who's not had a father figure in his life needs to have that - whether he's 16 or 38.

My son lost his father a couple years ago, and had been out of his life for several years before that - he never had any other father figure, and I hope he finds one someday - whether it's a year from now or 20 years from now. Never discount the bond between a man and his father figure - at any age.

Parenthood is no replacement for not having a father.
    My understanding is that Brad has had father figures in his life - didn't his mother remarry several times since divorcing Brad's father? One of her husbands must have cared enough for Brad to give him his last name. Maybe he still keeps in contact with him. I don't think Brad is looking for a father figure - I thought he explained that on his rain date with Shawntel. He's looking to create his own nuclear family just like his brothers have. It's no wonder that any meeting with Emily's father (if there was one) was not aired - Brad is not looking to be someone's "son", he's looking to be someone's "father".