Page 10 of 200 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaloaf;4194160;
    1. “I respect Emily to no end, I love our conversation, I think she’s the most beautiful woman” (*** new twist here, he is not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily when he says this)
    2. “What exactly am I going to be doing if I go to Emily’s home town next week” (again, not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily here)
    3. “to get down on one knee and propose to this woman, having not met the most important thing in Emily’s life and that’s her daughter” (again, not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily”
    4. “I don’t care about the rules right now, I care about Emily” (and once again, not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily)
    I think he is in the clothes from his date with Emily in both 1 and 4. The first one is in the blue shirt he wears on the island. The 4th one is of him in the dark blue shirt he wore on their date.

#2,3, yes, those were said after the fact in the unknown hotel where he's recounting the season.

I found your comments interesting about his language both the word "natural" and his phrase, "maybe I already am [in love]." Things that make us go "hmmm."

bananaloaf: that was great, thanks!

There is some discussion about how much is on the cutting room floor. CH in his blog today reports, that Brad and Emily's helicopter got tied up in customs, as it was coming from a different country. Therefore they had the champagne on the beach while waiting. What I noticed is, at one point, while they are talking on the beach, her hair goes from wet to dry in seconds. There was alot on that date that was cut out, comparable to Roberto's date, which was justified by forcing us to watch Jake/Vienna.

They spent the whole day together, and into the evening, we saw approximatley 12 minutes or so.

To add to bananaloaf's post, we do hear him say every single second he spends with her is amazing, paraphrasing.

I was looking forward to my date with Emily so much! By that time, I had developed immense feelings for Em. For some reason, though, I always clammed up around her and acted like a shy school kid, so I had to use this date to tell her how I was feeling. Our date was one of the most romantic dates I've ever been on! Who can say that they've had the chance to take a date to a deserted island? The date was perfect and could not have ended any better. After I left Emily that night I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders because our relationship had reached a place I so badly wanted it to go.
    We have seen very little interaction between Brad and Emily and yet, he claims he has developed immense feelings for her, and starts calling her "Em".

She received the first rose last night, which I believe is the same epi Roberto received the first rose? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

So IMO she is getting the Roberto edit, with each epi, that keeps confirming it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4193717;
    The new, improved Brad has gone through therapy and emotionally he is ready to handle another chance with a woman. He understands himself and ostensibly by natural progress, women, since it takes one to have a relationship, right?

So, let's see by the edit how he does in last night's edit with the group date.

At 2:00 AM, he rousts Ashley, Chantal, and Michelle out of bed, and he tells them they are going for a treat. We hear in a VO that it is "something every woman dreams of." Right, Brad. That is something that I really, really want to do in my wildest dreams is to expose my middle-aged body -even though it isn't over weight - that has begun to sag and bag in all of its not so splendid glory to the whole world.

Ashley worries about her small breasts, and although she is going to try and appear confident, the insecure Chantal worries that she has eaten too much in the last few days and it is going to show in the photos.
    So much for "something every girl would love to do."

The edited confident and aggressive Michelle takes the bull by the horns and comes out on top as usual and does the beach scene "From Here to Eternity" with Brad which causes great jealousy, insecurity, and consternation in the other two.

Brad can tell this is an extremely tense moment, but instead of just talking it through with all three and acknowledging that he realizes that they all did well with the shoot but there is only one rose, he decides to talk with each individually and to see if he can schmooze his way through it.

This works with Ashley only because she gets the rose.

Ashley tells Brad that she feels like she is "somebody's little sister." Brad knows that he doesn't want Ashley to feel like his sister. He doesn't know what the heck he is going to do with the other two, but Ashley can't feel like that, so she gets the rose....

and the other two get hacked off big time.

Chantal begins to cry...again - what time is this?

Brad says, "Will you come with me," and for the first time, she denies him.
    He begins to panic.

Now what is he going to do? Girl # 2 is acting up, and he has already given out the rose!

The other 2 get up and leave and he sits down. She tells him in essence that she feels that she gave everthing she had ( I would too if I had taken off my top in front of all of the world), and that he couldn't even pick her 1 out of 3.

In the military they have a saying. "You have let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird butt."
    In essence, he says back to her, "You don't understand me."

As the kids in my Middle School classes would have said to him, "That was not a smooth move, Brad."
    She was not interested at that time in understanding you. You are an insensitive jerk, end of the sentence, period.

Yes, indeed, Brad got himself into a hard place!

My assessment according to last night's edit as it relates to women and a relationship is that Brad needs to go back for further therapy.

He didn't look panic to me. It just look like he was between a rock and a hard place. If he had given the rose to Chantal then Ashley and Michelle woud have been upset and the other way around.

I think he has done great with the women of this season compared to his first time. This is the bachelor every woman can't have things the way they want it. Brad is in love, and I saw that last night.

Emily Maynard:
    Emily will introduce Brad to Ricki which will resolve any risk issues with her edit and will begin her new story line as the safe F2 who is Ms. Nice Girl, but not right for Brad. Like with Jake/Tenley, we have the F2 getting back story as false edit to confuse viewer into thinking that they had risk/reward, but back story isn’t enough to establish one’s edit pattern and the lack of drama/still waters with the lack of sexual spark is actually a “safety” edit as she represents “the path of least resistance” that is an F2 edit in the RR/S pattern. Also as Ms. Nice Girl, her personality isn’t as complimentary to Brad’s as Chantal and her walls/formalness intimidates him like Kiptyn and Tenley did for Jillian and Jake, despite them having way cleaner edits than Ed and Vienna and them being really sweet, good people. This is the F2 edit for the MNG/MR edit pattern. With Emily now getting a solid F2 edit and a new role as the “physical attraction only” “Lover” role (due to lack of relaxation and communication—could have heard crickets on their date, still at small talk stage) she is now getting an F2 (or F3) role as well. We have caps placing her on her LCD so I believe this makes her the F2. The hometowns and the fantasy date will further establish her as the calm waters that he can use to (move extremely slow with like he said to her on one on one date) but to do so, would mean that Brad is backing his way out of truly making a choice for love. He isn’t “taking a chance” and that wouldn’t fit the image of the “changed” Brad. Like I said above, they aren’t even at “baby steps” stage, they aren’t even crawling yet. They are the infant learning to sit up or roll over before they learn to scoot or crawl. To me this is too slow a development that was similar to Chris L last year. Not enough time in the process to make it moving that slow.
    Ricki isn't the only thing that Emily is concerned about, she's concerned about getting hurt also. She's definitely not the safe choice, I think that is Chantal, she's confessed she's in love already, how safe can it get.

I saw Brad fall last night, like I said before, I thought for a minute he might tell Em that he was in love with her. It was clear to me last night who Brad's F1 is and he made it even more clear in his blog for this week.

always clammed up around her and acted like a shy school kid, so I had to use this date to tell her how I was feeling

Isn't that what some say he has been acting like in the media, professing that he is in love.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4194248;

There is some discussion about how much is on the cutting room floor. CH in his blog today reports, that Brad and Emily's helicopter got tied up in customs, as it was coming from a different country. Therefore they had the champagne on the beach while waiting. What I noticed is, at one point, while they are talking on the beach, her hair goes from wet to dry in seconds. There was alot on that date that was cut out, comparable to Roberto's date, which was justified by forcing us to watch Jake/Vienna.

They spent the whole day together, and into the evening, we saw approximatley 12 minutes or so.

To add to bananaloaf's post, we do hear him say every single second he spends with her is amazing, paraphrasing.

We have seen very little interaction between Brad and Emily and yet, he claims he has developed immense feelings for her, and starts calling her "Em".

She received the first rose last night, which I believe is the same epi Roberto received the first rose? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

So IMO she is getting the Roberto edit, with each epi, that keeps confirming it for me.
    Im there with you.....
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

IA, Brad didn't look like he was panicking when Chantal said send me home, it was more like, I can't believe you're starting this *hit again.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4194248;

ITA!! I think that Emily and Brad really did fall in love with each other. I think we are only seeing about 5 to 10% of their time together.
    Believe

FORT Fanatic

It's all FAKE.

Thank you so much bevorules and Bananaloaf!

bevorules - I was so confused by the edit last night. Thanks for putting your take out there, I'll try to rewatch again and see if I see what you're seeing. I'll admit, it's still hard to think back to Jake and Vienna and to see her as "Ms. Right".

Bananaloaf - do you just look at PIs/VOs? During Emily's date, my head was spinning with the switching back and forth of wet and dry hair on both of them. Kudos to the editors because they somehow managed to make it seem like a seamless conversation, despite the jumping back and forth.

It seemed like he was saying all of the right things to Emily, but it just didn't seem to match up to what we were seeing.

Also, general edit question for the experts - is it odd that Chantal is the only one we didn't see him reassure with direct statements of how he feels about her? Is that unusual for F1? I "rooted" for F2 the past few seasons, so my skills are a bit rusty.

I was just re-watching the Emily date and when he said "this is real" he had a look on his face which was probably the look of the season.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;4194266;
    It's all FAKE.
    You bring up a good point. Do we believe Lith's posts in which case we really should close up shop or do we keep exploring the possibility that there's a real love story in the midst of this cr@p?

I don't know.

ndreality, please explain "look of the season."