Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    1st: Basically.

2nd: Me too.
    This - just 8 more days till the finale and under 3 months till the next hayride ... to the OK Corral Speaking for myself I really can't wait to find out who my next F2/F3 crush is going to be
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I've been right here

The thought didn't even cross my mind until Dixiesmom pointed it out that is was a possibility
    Thanks for confirming that. I guess I got my first spoiler!

I can't imagine any other reason why Emily's mother would be in Austin other than to possibly cover for Emily. If Emily got an apartment there it would be pretty obvious.

Brad also mentioned that he & his fiancÚ were always chaperoned. Maybe the chaperone is Emily's Mom (or possibly Ricki).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by etherealfire View Post
    This - just 8 more days till the finale and under 3 months till the next hayride ... to the OK Corral Speaking for myself I really can't wait to find out who my next F2/F3 crush is going to be
    I am SOOOO very ready to move on and find out also too!!!! eye candies... here we come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by framikmin View Post
    I do think that a CHILD of 12/13 should be more surpervised by partents in her time spent with boys of 18/19 regardless of the innocent nature of the relationship. I think Emily is not as innocent as people would want her to be and that's OK and I do believe that MF portrayed her that way intentionally for our benefit of wanting a pure, innocent, tragic single mother love story remembering how I felt about Jason and his son. That MF is the ratings whore and will pull us in any direction that suits him. I really don't care what Laurel/Cori have to say and base my thinking on FACTS. Till something is proven otherwise people are always innocent. However math doesn't lie. That's the problem I have with all of this.
    As someone already pointed out, Emily was 15, not 13, but I would be perturbed about my 15 year old daughter dating a guy who was 21 as well, even a rich and famous one.

I think Emily has exhibited model behavior on the show, and for that she should be admired and could be looked to as a role model. However, I don't know anybody who would be thrilled to find that their 18 year old unmarried daughter was pregnant, and forgoing college because of it. For that, she should definitely not be looked to as a role model.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiesmom View Post
    Thanks for confirming that. I guess I got my first spoiler!

I can't imagine any other reason why Emily's mother would be in Austin other than to possibly cover for Emily. If Emily got an apartment there it would be pretty obvious.

Brad also mentioned that he & his fiancÚ were always chaperoned. Maybe the chaperone is Emily's Mom (or possibly Ricki).
    good job and !!!

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    I am SOOOO very ready to move on and find out also too!!!! eye candies... here we come!!!

ooh, I'm hoping for somone like Reid, who will end up being the next Bach - I can dream, can't I?
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    As someone already pointed out, Emily was 15, not 13, but I would be perturbed about my 15 year old daughter dating a guy who was 21 as well.

I think Emily has exhibited model behavior on the show, and for that she should be admired and could be looked to as a role model. However, I don't know anybody who would be thrilled to find that their 18 year old unmarried daughter was pregnant, and forgoing college because of it. For that, she should definitely not be looked to as a role model.
    agreed

however everyone is entitled to make mistakes and in the name of love this one would be the easiest forgaven.

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    pictures provided by Dixiesmom.. thanks
    pictures with the ex
    Snip

Woo, someone looks like she was rode hard and put up wet! The years have not been kind. How old is she?
    That explains A LOT about why she doesn't like Em!

Her bro is kinda cute, I guess!
    Maybe because Cori has a job and WORKS for a living, she doesn't have time or money for endless spa days her looks suffer and she can't keep up in that department with dear Saint Emily. Hey, who knows, maybe Cori actually cleans her own house and does her own laundry. I give her a lot of credit for getting an education and working in care-giving job (nursing) that helps people.

What exactly does Saint Emily do? Oh, that's right, nothing. So she's able to leave her daughter behind to go on a reality TV dating show. Now, that's a productive use of time. But, hey, she found Tru Luv 4ever so it's all good.

Not sure why it's so important to bring Cori down. Saint Emily won - game over.
    Last edited by Jagfan; 03-06-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Thoughts on Laurel: If Brad was such an awful guy why did she continue to see him off & on for years. Plus, even consider his text marriage proposals and let him discuss it with her parents. She says she revealed this info to gain closure and warn his F1 or whatever. Well she told ABC & did the interviews with the magazine. That should have gievn her closure and warned anyone she wanted warned. Why then did she keep giving interviews. She did the camera interview with Enews and planned to give RS an interview before she changed her mind. Now she's hanging out at the viewing party with RS. How much closure does she need over a guy she thinks did her so wrong? And why did't she need closure when he went on the bachelor the last time? Other motivation there.

My thoughts on Cori: Friends say she feels as if her history, memories, or relationship were erased because of the focus on Emily and her account of how long she had a relationship with Ricky & and was in love with him. First of all, even f she felt Ricky wa sthe love her life, all Cori's memories are still there and known by her and the people important to her. She, her family, and friends are aware of the relationship if it occurred asshe said. However, her idea that she should gain any acknowledgement in the major history of Ricky or his family back in 2004 when he died or now is ludicrous. She was a girl he dated that ended in a broken engagement. They had been broken up a year and a half when he died. Most ex-girlfriends or ex-fiancees are not involved in obituaries and news accounts of deceased men even moderate celebrities. Even women who were married to a guy short-term and got an annullment with no kids involved are mentioned or considered a huge part of their history. If he was still alive she wouldn't be given much thought. When someone dies it's all about the most recent wife/fiance'/girlfriend, ex-wives, and kids. Ricky was important in her life and that's fine. However, she wasn't as important in his given the postponement, his relationship with Emily, or his parents viewpoint on the subject.

Emily is only telling her own story of her history with Ricky the love of her life and the father of her child. SHe is not responsible for Cori's history. Ricky's parents are telling the story of their son, grandchild and the mother of that grandchild. They obviously view and feel that Emily & Ricky's relationship is the one that was significant to them and to Ricky which is their right. It's been 6 years since Ricky's death and 7 -8 years since Cori & Ricky broke up. If she loved Ricky so much that these meories and their history mean so much to her she would care about his child, his parents, and his legacy. She would cherish the personal memories of a love that was over long before he died and never meant to be. SHe would take comfort in reminiscing with her family & friends who know the situation and move on. She would cause pain, stress, damage or tarnish his memory immediately after he died and continue it for 6 years to anyone who would listen. Then, go or allow her freinds to go to a tabloid about it today.She's upset that people from tv will know Emily & Ricky's story and not hers. She's not been relevant to Ricky's life for the past 7-8 years. SHe wouldn't be if he was alive today. Emily will always be his last love and the mother of his only child she would always top people's interest even if Emily, The Hendricks, and the media mentioned his relationship with Cori themselves. Definite other motivation there and it's not based on love, cheating, fairness or anything like that.

Emily & Pity: There is no way going on the Bachelor that Emily could NOT mention Ricky and his death. Unlike, Ashley and her ex-boyfriend,Chris L and his mother, and Chantal and her birth father, the nature of the show doesn't allow Emily to avoid discussing Ricky even though she tried to do it. Chantal & Chris L could have avoided talking about their parents because it didn't directly relate to their future dating situation. Ashley's ex-boyfriend wouldn't effect her dating future, they weren't married and had no children. Emily on the other hand couldn't avoid it. One, she and her daughter's family are public figures and small celebrities within the nascar world people watching would know and TPTB definitely knew. Second, she has a child and has to discuss that child within someone she's dating and plans to marry. The natural questions regarding the father, the nature of their relationship, and how the relationship ended would force her to reveal the rest. Ricky was only mentioned by Emily in her premiere Intro (producer induced); episode 3 when she had her date and finally told Brad & told the girls; episode 5 because of the Nascar date which she didn't know about and TPTB planned; and the brief mention in the last episode that Ricky was the only person she had ever said I love you to. We haven't seen her on the show constantly every episode talking about him. She's discussed her problems opening up, dating problems, and little Ricki but, those are things you would discuss with someone your dating and could marry. It's no different than Ashley continually discussing her retracting, Chantal discussing her inexperience dating due to her ex, or Alli talking baout her ex cheating.

So, I don't think Emily was heavily pandering and trying to garner sympathy. It's just the plain simple fact that the tragedy happened and it's a part of her life and shapes it. She's not responsible for how others respond to it. No more than Chantal is responsible for the fact that she's adopted, it's simply a fact. Emily trying to hide or not discuss it wouldn't be letting Brad know truly who she is and her life. She wouldn't not talk about it if she was off camera so how could she do it now in what could potentially end in an engagement. She hasn't been going around incessantllt crying and moaning about it or using it directly to get Brad to do things. Also this notion that Emily is perpetuating herself as some Mother Teresa is ludicrous. SHe is just being herself. It was Megan who starte dthe Mother Teresa moniker and viewers have taken it and run with it as their view of her persona. SHe's never said she was perfect and she's not responsible for Brad calling her that. And Megan, Brad, and the other girls have met her & spent time around her and deemed her a great, sweet, girl. Which says something considering how the girls were jealous of Brad's focus on her. It reminds me of the guys naming Roberto Rico suave & cassonava and everyone took that and ran with it. They thought he was just trying to be that way, had ulterior motives, or was too good to be true and he took alot of hate for it on the board. People assumed that was all there was to him when he was just being himself a quite, nice guy, and true romantic who loved Ali. I don't see Emily seeking pity on the show or promting herself as one who needs it.

Just my thoughts!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jagfan View Post

Maybe because Cori has a job and WORKS for a living, she doesn't have time or money for endless spa days her looks suffer and she can't keep up in that department with dear Saint Emily. Hey, who knows, maybe Cori actually cleans her own house and does her own laundry. I give her a lot of credit for getting an education and working in care-giving job (nursing) that helps people.

What exactly does Saint Emily do? Oh, that's right, nothing. So she's able to leave her daughter behind to go on a reality TV dating show. Now, that's a productive use of time. But, hey, she found Tru Luv 4ever so it's all good.

Not sure why it's so important to bring Cori down. Saint Emily won - game over.

bold: so very true!

ps: I personnaly find cori pretty and looks her age vs emily who is also pretty but looks way older than 24... JMO
    Last edited by Shelby101; 03-06-2011 at 07:29 PM.