Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I am not making myself clear, I am wondering if CORI has confirmed it is the same ring. If the pink center stone ring used to be Cori's.

Emily's friends cannot confirm it -- I am wondering if Cori has confirmed that is the ring CORI was referring to.

Emily's friends cannot speak for Cori.
    Cori stated it was her ring. the one she gave back to ricky.. Emily has not been seen wearing any other ring. I dont understand why she would need to confirm it again.

I dont think we will ever get anything else because she cant provide it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Cori stated it was her ring. the one she gave back to ricky.. Emily has not been seen wearing any other ring. I dont understand why she would need to confirm it again.

I dont think we will ever get anything else because she cant provide it.
    If Cori stated that the pink center cut ring (the one in the pix with Emily) was once hers, then that is all I was asking for!

That is what my orignaL questions was... to ensure that Cori said *that particular* ring was in fact hers before it was Emily's. I could not find any info on it and thought perhaPs she was referring to a different ring. Ty!

Excuse my bad typing, new laptop and I can't get used to it! Lol.
    We like because... we love although...."

If Cori stated that the pink center cut ring (the one in the pix with Emily) was once hers, then that is all I was asking for!

That is what my orignaL questions was... to ensure that Cori said *that particular* ring was in fact hers before it was Emily's. I could not find any info on it and thought perhaPs she was referring to a different ring. Ty!

Excuse my bad typing, new laptop and I can't get used to it! Lol.
    I understand what your saying.. All I'm saying is Cori can not prove that the ring was hers first. It will do no good wondering about it because it will never show up. If she did have a ring at all the picture of her wearing it would have been in the article along side the save the date card picture.. Instead we get one picture of her sitting in Ricky's lap and he's holding a beer..

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Still, I get the vibe she wants to be a good wife/mother, truly, I do.

I just hope that when she ages a bit she starts to see she can stand on her OWN 2 feet, rather than stand on/rely on pity from the past.
    Don't we all want to be good parents? From what I saw, it looks like Emily's doing just fine.

As far as the pity - here is a quote from Emily's PEOPLE interview in her own words -

Maynard, 25, tells PEOPLE. "I never wanted to be the sympathy vote on the show. I never wanted to get a rose because that happened to me."
    I believe she's been standing on her own two feet, regardless of what some might say. Perhaps she does get money from the Hendricks, wouldn't that be the same as if she and Ricky had divorced and she was getting alimony/child support? Do we say divorced women don't stand on their own two feet if they receive money?

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking View Post
    Cori said in the IN TOUCH article that the Hendricks took her engagement ring from Ricky (that she gave back to them AFTER his death) and put it on Emily's finger and she had it on in the delivery room when Ricki was being born. (BTW, how creepy is it that Cori knows this?!)

Anyway, as many people point out Emily was wearing her engagement ring (the same one we see her with now) in pictures with Ricky while he was alive so it is not moot.
    It's a wonder people believe her stories. With so many holes in them, it's like a big ol' wheel of swiss cheese.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Just bringing this forward again just in case any hadn't seen it. Veg_out brought this forward last night - Cori & her former husband have now been divorced for a year.

Her coming forward about a relationship that ended EIGHT years ago is insane...and shows just what someone will do for the almighty dollar. This would be akin to Laurel coming out with Brad's texts EIGHT years from now - the idea is pretty crazy, huh? (At least it is to me!)

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I abbreviated the above quoted post but would like to address a few things:

The following statement was made by Ryan Kurek, Cori's ex-husband:

I wanted to go on the record to state that 13 months ago, I asked Cori for a separation-divorce, after a short 9 month marriage. On February 5th of 2010 the court approved the separation, in which in the State of South Carolina, you must wait a full year for the divorce to be final. It has been a full year, I have not had any contact with Cori in months, and she moved out of my house in March of 2010. To emphasize again, I am not her husband. Cori Tietsort is of the Tietsort family living in a suburb of Charlotte. I have no control over what Cori says or does to the media or anyone else. She performed these actions on her own. Unfortunately the Kurek name has been tarnished, and the Maynard and Hendrick families have to deal with this unfortunate situation after already such hardship. I have communicated with those who have been affected by Cori's article and that these actions were performed by Cori alone and that I separated from her over a year ago. Everyone is understanding and apologetic that my last name was used in this article and throughout media and internet. Thank you for the opportunity to clear the Kurek name and our non-affiliation to Cori Tietsort.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

just to give some perspective on how children feel about a parent being gone for a long time..when my daughter found out I had apply to go on the Sea Shepherd next year when she would be well on her way to 16 she didn't want me to go...so I guess I will wait a couple more years
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I just now read this, and had not considered the ages until right now. As a mother, I am wigged out by this.... If that were my daughter, I'd never allow that. Sick. And if he were my son, he'd have to answer to his mom pretty darned heavily -- wow, why didn't I do the math until I read this?

TY for putting what should have been plainly obvious out there!
    ITA.
    I just have to wonder what was going through the parents' minds...
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    ITA.
    I just have to wonder what was going through the parents' minds...
    I have been dealing with this since my daughter was 11...she is very well endowed and now that she is 14 men are leering at her...since i live next to ft benning ga we have lots of recuirts around town and i have even caught them trying to talk to her in stores and walmart til mommy walks up and tells them..mmmmmmm..she is only 12, or 13 and now 14 lmao then all you see are A$$e$ and elbows... she can easily past for 17 or 18 and its mostly her fault because she enjoys the attention and doesn't tell them her age
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Pulling forward a bit of info from someone who actually knows Emily & lives in Charlotte, EntertainAngels. I should preface this by saying I don't think she at this time would appreciate people PM her with questions even though it was ok earlier in the season. I think she and others who know Emily, and for that matter BabyfaceC who knows Brad, have chosen to post sporadically now, and that's it, due to the negativity about people they care about and how close it is to the finale truth coming out. Frankly, I'm surprised Babyface chooses to even still give us inside info about Brad's appearances in light of what's been said about him lately, but, I digress. I chose to bring this info forward because I felt it was important that some definitive true info be brought forward from someone who actually knows the individuals involved in the midst the rumors, innuendo, and stuff from nascar fans and people who don't know and have never even met them to give some balance for those who are actually interested, not just into the debate. Some of the posts were in close threads so I gave the post number & thread name since I couldn't directly quote it from a closed thread.:

Info on Ricki & Emily's courtship & engagement/wedding:

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainAngels View Post
    Yes, they had known each other for a long time and dated for years. They got engaged in early 2004 and if I remember right, they were getting married in December but he died in late October. So tragic. He was really one of the good guys.

Post 1089 Spoilers 1,2,3,4 Thread
    No, she was not underage when she got pregnant. She was 18 when she got pregnant, 18 when Ricky died, and 19 when Ricki was born. But she was very young when they started dating, which some people may find bad because Ricky was 6 years older than her, and at the age of 15/16, 6 years makes a big difference. Nonetheless, they were ridiculously in love and they made it work for them.

Y'all are entitled to your own opinions, but what I don't understand is why believe random things you are hearing about Emily elsewhere (I'm guessing the ABC board, from which I stay very far away!) when you know that you have friends of Emily's here posting with you guys. Just ask us. We'll be honest. For the most part, we have been completely open to any questions we've been asked, other than the very few I chose not to comment on.

If you don't believe what we have to say, that's fine. But if you do think we've been truthful and helpful and nice during this whole process, then if you see some crazy rumor out there, why not just ask?

Info on why being at the Vegas racetrack specifically would be hard on Emily, in light of the fact that she has been at racetrack in Charlotte since Ricky's death. Besides the whole driving alone in the car without Ricky for 1st time like he wanted her too reason that has already been mentioned.:

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainAngels View Post
    I am ridiculously behind on the board, so there is still a lot that I have not read (so sorry if this has already been discussed.)

I keep seeing people ask why Emily didn't already say Ricky was a NASCAR driver (instead of just involved in racing) when she told Brad about losing Ricky. Long story short, I don't think that she can. Next week, they can say NASCAR because they are having the NASCAR driving experience. But in general, in the other episodes, I'm not sure that she is supposed to say the actual word "NASCAR" because NASCAR really, really polices the use of their name without their permission on television. So, you will often see racing, auto racing, car racing, whatever else said instead of NASCAR, unless NASCAR gives permission, which they'll do for the date that gives their driving experience publicity. Other than that, I'm not thinking they will allow it in other episodes.

People also have been talking about Las Vegas Motor Speedway being an especially cruel track to bring Emily too, and to be honest I didn't think about it until lately, but that is definitely true. As I saw someone mention in a post, Ricky did suffer a (driving) career-ending injury there. He came back and tried to drive again, but it was never the same for him.

I'm not sure that Ricky would have ended up being a Cup driver someday if the LVMS crash didn't happen, but if he did, it is also true that he would not have been on that plane on a Sunday. Someone mentioned that he was a spotter at the time, and thus only had to fly in for Sundays. In actuality, he almost always spent the entire weekend at the track. Spotters work during practice as well as during the races, so he generally was needed all weekend by Brian in the Cup Series. He was also basically running HMS' entire Busch Series program at the time. That happened to be an off-weekend for the Busch stuff, so they got someone else to spot practice for Brian, and Ricky went on a trip to Hawaii with Emily and his mom. He got back to town on Saturday, and flew to Martinsville on Sunday because he wanted to spot the race for Brian (who, sidenote, was Ricky's best friend and was celebrating his 21st birthday on the day of the accident ). If Ricky was still driving, he wouldn't have been able to take the rest of the weekend off and show up on Sunday just for the race, so they wouldn't have went to Hawaii and he would have flown in on Thursday night or Friday morning, or even drove up (because it is only a 2.5 hour drive from Charlotte to Martinsville, and a lot of people in the sport drive instead of fly. He just couldn't do that Sunday morning because with traffic, he wouldn't have made it to the race on time.) Thus, yes, I'm sure being at LVMS was harder for Em than another track as it brings up a lot of "what ifs
    ... ".

Info on why Emily went on the Bachelor, her dating life, and problems dating in Charlotte & Nascar world that is focused in Charlotte.:
    Post 1098 spoilers1,2,3,4 thread

Sure, Shelby. She went on the show because she wanted a change. Here in Charlotte, everyone she knows is pretty much in the same circle of people, and that isn't a circle that she wants to date in anymore. She has a hard time with guys that want to date her (and friends too), because often they are just using here because of who she knows and what she can do for them. When she gets out of Charlotte, she is no one special. She isn't Ricky Hendrick's poor fiance', she's just her ... and she likes that. Going on The Bachelor, she is just one of 30 girls. They all have a story. It isn't about who Emily knows or what she can do for Brad, their relationship will just be about who she is, whether they fit together, etc. That is what she wants.

I get, and even don't mind, the going back and forth about contestants. Just in some cases, I don't understand why y'all want to debate something when you could just ask. Like her relationship with Ricky's family .... why go back and forth over whether they like her or not, whether they don't want her to move on with her life or not, whether they support her decision or not, when you could just say "Hey EA, do you know if the Hendricks and Emily have a good relationship?" and I'll say "yes, they have a fabulous relationship. They love her just as if she was their own daughter, they are so proud of her and Ricki, and they really hope Emily can move on and find love again. They want the best for those two girls, and they support anything that Emily does to build a life for her and Ricki."

Info on why Emily moved to Nashville, dating life, CMT, agent, etc. refer to my post Nikkij_26 #332 of this Tabloid Rumors thread. It's to long a post for me to bring forward and add to this post and I hate repeating myself

Feel free to ignore the info. I realize this is the nature of the beast when there is nothing else for the board to sleuth, an F1 has been potentially solidified, and all there is left is the WTA and a week before the finale with nothing much to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

It's a wonder people believe her stories. With so many holes in them, it's like a big ol' wheel of swiss cheese.
    It seems Emily has a few holes in her own wheel of swiss cheese!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!