Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    so it is okay to mourn for emily but nobody else... interesting...
    Emily lost the father of her unborn child, and someone she'd been with for awhile... Cori had presumably broken up with Ricky at least by 02/03, and she's now married and awaiting a divorce - meaning she's moved on

Also, kinda convenient that her tab stories came out just after Emily makes it to the top on TB, don't you think?? I know I haven't been plastic-Barbie-Emily's biggest fan this season, but I think she's a wonderful mother and wish her happiness, and to see her get dragged through mud, not to mention Ricky's memory get dragged through mud, is just unfair IMO - especially 8yrs after the fact
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Maybe not but I don't think its abnormal if you felt that your own history had been rewritten -- recently, and on the national stage.

If what she is saying is true to some degree, I think she feels invalidated. And that, imo, would cause anyone to be hurt.
    absolutely.

when someone is hurt, they most of the time try to find the weakest point. Knowing that besides the medias, that would be the only option, then they would use it.

Maybe not but I don't think its abnormal if you felt that your own history had been rewritten -- recently, and on the national stage.

If what she is saying is true to some degree, I think she feels invalidated. And that, imo, would cause anyone to be hurt.
    Maybe that's what I am not understanding. How was Cori's history re-written? And if it was, yes, I can see that causing hurt. But there comes a point when you have to move on. Maybe selling the story to a tabloid helped her do that. Either way, I think that it is sad (truly) that she is helping herself feel better by discrediting others.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

I have done a lot of searching but every link that even looks like it contains a pic of Cori and Ricky have been deleted....now I don't know who has done this..but I ran into the same problem when I tried to look up the fab 5 cheerleading scandel in TX after the movie came out...all the pics and stuff were deleted...it can be done but it takes a lot of work..but I still would like to see just 1 picture of Cori and Ricky with the ring..even if they are deleted of the web someone somewhere has to have the proof...so lets see it or else I dont' want to hear anymore about Cori
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Then that's her beef with the Hendrick's ... not Emily. Mr Hendrick gave the interview about Emily and Ricky's relationship and Ricky was the one that postponed the wedding. I don't understand where Emily comes into all of this? I wouldn't expect her to tell Brad about her ex boyfriends ex fiancee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    so it is okay to mourn for emily but nobody else... interesting...

ps: most of the time anger is also part of the mourning.
    Huh? When did I say that it wasn't ok for anyone else to mourn? I don't think I said anything like that.

My point is that if Cori is so hurt, simply telling the story to a tabloid isn't going to help the more deeply seeded issues that are causing the hurt (invalidation, anger, etc.). if she doesn't deal with those issues, they will continue long after the magazine article is archived.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    Emily lost the father of her unborn child, and someone she'd been with for awhile... Cori had presumably broken up with Ricky at least by 02/03, and she's now married and awaiting a divorce - meaning she's moved on

Also, kinda convenient that her tab stories came out just after Emily makes it to the top on TB, don't you think?? I know I haven't been plastic-Barbie-Emily's biggest fan this season, but I think she's a wonderful mother and wish her happiness, and to see her get dragged through mud, not to mention Ricky's memory get dragged through mud, is just unfair IMO - especially 8yrs after the fact
    I am just thinking that seeing emily pretty much everywhere, knowing that emily is the big talk of charlotte. The memories cannot be avoided. All the hurt re-surface one way or another, most probably because cori never had a real closure. I do not care if it really was true or not. I am saying that cori still think cheated and that explains to a certain point her behaviour.

It is sad that little ricki will never meet her father blah blah blah with emily.

I am just trying to point that there is not one version of the story. Nobody is obviously giving a chance to cori and put a sticker (like michelle) as being the biggest b***** ever because she dare to raise her story (again right or wrong).

I do believe that people should just remember that they do not know what they are talking about because nobody was there to know but cori, ricky and emily (even laurel)

I am in the team: lets give the benefice of the doubt here.
    Last edited by Shelby101; 03-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.

That is exactly why I question it. Perhaps Cori's ring was different, (and who knows if they gave it to Emily or not, not me!) -- but what I am saying is, all over the net people are saying "Look, here's the pix of Emily wearing the ring! So Cori is lying!!"

But what I want to know is, is that the same ring? Or was Cori's a completely different ring that may (or may not have) given to Emily after Ricky died.

Has Cori confirmed that the ring in the picture (to be clear, the pink center stone ring) was HER engagement ring, the one she spoke of?

This has been answered in another thread.. The picture of Emily with the ring proves that Cori was lying about the timing. She stated that the Hendricks gave her (Emily) that ring (Cori's) after Ricky's death. We know this is untrue because we have a picture of Emily wearing the ring in question with Ricky.

Emily's friends, that used to come in here, have confirmed that ring is the engagement ring.

It's confusing as heck but hope thats clear.. I may have to make a powerpoint timeline..

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    This has been answered in another thread.. The picture of Emily with the ring proves that Cori was lying about the timing. She stated that the Hendricks gave her (Emily) that ring (Cori's) after Ricky's death. We know this is untrue because we have a picture of Emily wearing the ring in question with Ricky.

Emily's friends, that used to come in here, have confirmed that ring is the engagement ring.

It's confusing as heck but hope thats clear.. I may have to make a powerpoint timeline..
    I am not making myself clear, I am wondering if CORI has confirmed it is the same ring. If the pink center stone ring used to be Cori's.

Emily's friends cannot confirm it -- I am wondering if Cori has confirmed that is the ring CORI was referring to.

Emily's friends cannot speak for Cori.
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    The only thing in print to point to a prior relationship is the Rick Hendrick interview which you can read here :

Waiting on a miracle | NASCAR News Now - SceneDaily.com

Based on this we can surmise:

They knew each other for years, been engaged for 6 months (as of the plane crash) planned to marry in December 2004 (no wedding plans in place just 2 months before the wedding? No engagement announcement, no dress purchased, no church booked...nothing...maybe they were eloping)

He references them meeting in Florida where both families own homes

He said she came to his house with her mother to tell them she was preganat and she was worried how thy would feel and they were worried how she would feel being alone (evidently they weren't close prior to that moment, and hadn't talked very much or they all would know how excited everyone would be)

H was suprised she wanted to stay in Charlotte and not be with her family. (I am too) He said it was because she had friends in Charlotte (she had only been there 5 months but whatever)

Then he says Emily and Ricky had been making plans to be together for a couple of years, so that puts them being "serious" when she was barely 16. He said they wanted to be together, that was their dream.

Take it for what you will because that is the only official story out there and eveyone envolved repeats the same thing exactly. No variations and no other details.

The bolded is not really true. You can know someone for years and be more intimate than a future daughter-in-law and not know how soemone will react to death. The not knowing how they would feel isn't just some random happy news of a grandchild. This is unexpected news given in the immediate aftermath of the death of someone's child. There are 18 year olds who have parents who give them everything under the sun, support them in everything they do, have all the money in the world and if they cam eup pregnant in their minds would wonder & worry about how their parents would feel if they told them they were going to have a grandchild. Emily was giving them this news being their son's fiance' immediately after he was tragicly killed and they hadn't even yet had time to mourn or get used to the idea. Not unusual for her too wonder how they would take it even if she had known them for a few years. She didn't know how they would react in light of having lost a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagfan View Post
    And I'll take it that Rich Hendrick wanted to re-write history. So instead of his dead son being the baby daddy of his teen-aged baby mama girlfriend, Ricky got his "financee" pregnant. Which makes it okay and not an icky unwed teenage pregnancy kind of thing.

Emily was still unwed & still a teenager even if she was a fiancee'. They were still living together unwed. Everyone that knew them in Charlotte and Bascar knew this. So, not really a huge diffrence to make up some grand lie for image sake if they were bothered by it. Tons of people in Charlotte & Nascar would have been just as sympathetic and glad that a peace of Ricky lived on in the wake of the huge tragedy if she was just Ricky's live-in girlfriend, especially with the respect and reverance that is paid to Rick SR and the whole Hendrick family. I see no reason for him to lie in what doesn't make a huge change image-wise. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking View Post
    Cori said in the IN TOUCH article that the Hendricks took her engagement ring from Ricky (that she gave back to them AFTER his death) and put it on Emily's finger and she had it on in the delivery room when Ricki was being born. (BTW, how creepy is it that Cori knows this?!)

Anyway, as many people point out Emily was wearing her engagement ring (the same one we see her with now) in pictures with Ricky while he was alive so it is not moot.

Cori's friends also said on the motherboard that after Ricky postponed the wedding Cori left the ring on his pillow in his house and that's how they got the ring. Which is it? 1, 2, 3, what story will it be? , lol