Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking View Post
    I think what a lot of people either missed (or may be are ignoring) is that what affected Emily on that date was NOT just being around NASCAR. How could it when she has such close ties to Hendricks and the NASCAR world?!

What affected Emily was WHERE they were - LAS VEGAS SPEEDWAY (where Ricky ended his driving career) and WHAT she had to do. Emily was also required to actual get inside a NASCAR (which she has not done since Ricky's death) and drive a NASCAR (something that Ricky always wanted her to do). Its explicitly stated in the episode. I believe that those are three plausible things that she has NOT done since Ricky's death and no matter what her in her involvement in the sport has been since. That is what affected her. I think you add all of these elements together and her having strong feelings developing for Brad (maybe even a little guilt because she hasn't felt that since Ricky) and it made for a very emotional event.

I am also not sure why people assumed that Emily was trying to hide that she has been around NASCAR from Brad because she flat out says to him while they are on the grass together "NASCAR is such as huge part of my life back in Charlotte" and that she "just wanted to get away from it and leave it behind." She is not hiding that fact.

She did NOT expect to do anything with NASCAR coming on the show and it blindsided her. I think you can be over something like losing a loved one for years but sometimes there may be something that can trigger it. For Emily it was the significance of where they were and what she was doing.

Would never wish for anyone to ever have to experience the shocking and unexpected death of a love one because while you heal, you don't forget. I lost someone in 911 and while I don't think about her everyday, its the simplest things like someone ordering a blueberry muffin (her favorite) which will remind me of her and make me emotional.
    I can't help wondering is now she's a hot commodity that NASCAR will pursue her doing events/etc for them. What I'm saying is....that she may not get away from them when it's all said & done.

... and that appears from what I understand ~ as the Hendricks re-writing history!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by maxnsam View Post
    From June 2005, an interview with Rick Hendrick

He says Emily and Rick were engaged for six months and were planning on getting married in December 2004.
    So Ricky passed away two months before the wedding, correct? Were there any wedding invitations sent out? Or a bridal registry? Any proof of impending nuptials? I would think a Hendricks wedding would be a big deal indeed!

FORT Fan

I've seen this all over the net, and have heard as well that this was damage control. I'm not even sure I blame them, under the circumstances, to just want everything neat & tidy. Not sure I would do it, but yeah, I understand it, even if I don't agree.
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    What is the date of Ricky's death? Were there any wedding invitations sent out? Or a bridal registry? Any proof of impending nuptials? I would think a Hendricks wedding would be a big deal indeed!
    I think he was killed in Sept two months before this wedding...but as of yet..no one at all has shown any proof that there really was going to be a wedding..no registry..no invitations and they should go out 2 months before hand...I also think it would be a big deal but I have found no evidence of a wedding at all..but I will keep looking
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe View Post
    I can't help wondering is now she's a hot commodity that NASCAR will pursue her doing events/etc for them. What I'm saying is....that she may not get away from them when it's all said & done.
    Not if she's in Austin.

Besides nascar already has a bachelorette spokeperson in Miss Sprint cup Kim Coon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    The video of Emily and Ricky was done by a fan. Not family or even a friend. The photos used were those available online. They all take place from the time she moved to Charlotte to live with him, which we already knew they had an intimate relationship from that time on. There is only one photo out there with her wearing what we assume to be her engagement ring (did she ever state on the show it was?). It proves nothing but they lived together from shortly after she turned 18 (did she finish high school?) until his death. Which we already know. Even her friend who posts on here, going by what she said, has no idea about how or when their relationship started.

The only thing in print to point to a prior relationship is the Rick Hendrick interview which you can read here :

Waiting on a miracle | NASCAR News Now - SceneDaily.com

Based on this we can surmise:

They knew each other for years, been engaged for 6 months (as of the plane crash) planned to marry in December 2004 (no wedding plans in place just 2 months before the wedding? No engagement announcement, no dress purchased, no church booked...nothing...maybe they were eloping)

He references them meeting in Florida where both families own homes

He said she came to his house with her mother to tell them she was preganat and she was worried how thy would feel and they were worried how she would feel being alone (evidently they weren't close prior to that moment, and hadn't talked very much or they all would know how excited everyone would be)

H was suprised she wanted to stay in Charlotte and not be with her family. (I am too) He said it was because she had friends in Charlotte (she had only been there 5 months but whatever)

Then he says Emily and Ricky had been making plans to be together for a couple of years, so that puts them being "serious" when she was barely 16. He said they wanted to be together, that was their dream.

Take it for what you will because that is the only official story out there and eveyone envolved repeats the same thing exactly. No variations and no other details.
    I guess we can both read the same article and surmise two completely different things.

I saw it as Emily was nervous because she and Ricky were not married yet and she was having the baby out of wedlock. The fact that her mother was there with Emily shows that it was a meaningful relationship (since she flew in from FL for the funeral) and wanted to be by Emily's side to support her during the tragedy. The announcement was the day AFTER the service so she was with Emily when she found out about the pregnancy.

Also, how did you draw the conclusion that Emily and Hendrick were not close? If anything this article proves they were because they wanted Emily with Ricky. Perhaps the better conclusion is that they didn't care for Cori. Otherwise, why would they want Emily with Ricky?!

"She was worried about how we would feel about it," Hendrick said. "We worried about how she would feel being by herself. She's all excited. She's a sweet girl. We love her to death. We met her in Florida and talked about how we hoped she and Ricky would get together. We could not have picked anybody better.
    As for them being surprised that she stayed in Charlotte, I got the sense that they were happy that she did stay because she could have easily made the choice to live with her parents because she was close to both families. Maybe she just felt more obligated to stay close to Hendricks because they just lost their son?!

"We're close to her and her family," he said. "We wouldn't have been surprised if she wanted to go back. But she decided to stay. Her friends are here.
    Last edited by Just LQQking; 03-06-2011 at 02:57 PM.

FORT Fan

Quick question about "the engagement" (or lack thereof) between Emily/Ricky, the stories in the tabloids that it wasn't true, etc.

I've seen the pix of Emily wearing a rock (!) with Ricky (indicating he gave her the ring before he passed) -- but are we sure that it is the same ring Cori had while engaged? Or could it be a different ring altogether? I guess I'm asking, have we seen pictures of both Cori and Emily wearing the SAME ring prior to his passing?
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Quick question about "the engagement" (or lack thereof) between Emily/Ricky, the stories in the tabloids that it wasn't true, etc.

I've seen the pix of Emily wearing a rock (!) with Ricky (indicating he gave her the ring before he passed) -- but are we sure that it is the same ring Cori had while engaged? Or could it be a different ring altogether? I guess I'm asking, have we seen pictures of both Cori and Emily wearing the SAME ring prior to his passing?

No pictures of Cori wearing any ring let alone that ring.

I don't know if the engagement ring makes sense to me. It would be more realistic if the Hendricks had given Emily the ring upon Ricki's birth -- especially since it has a pink stone, which could be because she had a girl. It's beautiful, but doesn't look like a traditional engagement ring.

I know there's a picture of Emily wearing the ring before Ricki was born, but just throwing my 2 cents out there!