Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Hi Dixie mom. So glad you could join us!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Lol Exactly. She's on television. Any normal female would make sure to look their best when on television. I'm sure away from the camera, at home. Emily is just like all other momma's! (The HTD showed just how much little Ricki loves and adores her momma) Since she has been in the mansion and on dates, away from Ricki, why would she keep her hair messy, her nails' unkept, and wear sweats? I know I wouldn't!
    I guess that's why I was commenting, cuz I noticed stuff like this in the pix of her AWAY from TB. (And I know from experience how hard it is for a single mother to find time to focus on themselves. But I guess she does in fact find that time.

And again here (not to repeat myself) but it wasn't about the nails. The nails are just a symbol of the vibe I get from her.
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Didn't we hear about Ricky in every episode ~ or was I watching another show?
    IMO you can thank Martin Hilton for that.

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I guess that's why I was commenting, cuz I noticed stuff like this in the pix of her AWAY from TB. (And I know from experience how hard it is for a single mother to find time to focus on themselves. But I guess she does in fact find that time.

And again here (not to repeat myself) but it wasn't about the nails. The nails are just a symbol of the vibe I get from her.
    I know eepsuel! I totally get what you are saying. We won't really know who she is outside of the show, but hopefully we'll get to see some of it afterwards with Brad in RL.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Who kept repeating on the show that men couldn't deal with her life? Wasn't that her? Maybe I don't remember correctly.

In any case, what's so hard to deal with? I know many single moms who have found wonderful men to marry and co-parent their children, often more than one child being involved. It might be a bit more challenging for those moms to find husbands but is certainly not the huge obstacle that either Emily (or Fleiss) presented it to be (partcularly when said child is already set for life financially and mom is beautiful and not hurting for money, either).
    Amen! I don't look anything like Emily, and I sure as heck do not have the easy (financially easy I mean) lifestyle that she does, and I can say, I have never had a problem with guys asking me out, wanting to commit, etc.

I think it sells men pretty short actually to play the men don't like single-moms card. Some men don't - but most men I know, if they like the woman, they don't mind the package, extra challenges and all.

I know eepsuel! I totally get what you are saying. We won't really know who she is outside of the show, but hopefully we'll get to see some of it afterwards with Brad in RL.
    And that will be the ICING on the cake! I'll enjoy it!! But I'll be watching closely because they disappear soon enough. I NEVER get to see my adorable Ryan anymore!!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiesmom View Post
    I have a lot friends that are hands on moms and always seem to have perfect manicures. It's a Southern girl thing. We tend to be very prissy. I actually know someone who runs a home daycare and she will wake up at 4:30 am just so she can fix her hair and makeup in time to greet her clients and look presentable.

I'll let you in on a secret though, Emily & other Southern belles do have bad hair days, broken nails, puffy eyes and have been known to walk around in sweats. We will just never, EVER, allow ourselves to be photographed or seen in person in that condition.
    I do..lol..which I guess makes me the southern B**** and those like me are not prissy..hee hee...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post

With Ricki now in school Emily probably has nothing but time to blow. Not to mention Ricki probably goes to bed around 830 or 9 so afterwards becomes adult time. That's when I end up doing my nails.

FORT Fan

Ty Sanlee! I guess I didn't get my point across properly to others, (since it's not about the nails lol) -- but ty for 'getting' me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Great post. I think Emily has this "sweet pretty li'l ol' me" thing down to a science, add a sweet pretty little fatherless girl to that and a fiance tragically killed in a plane crash, and who can resist having their heartstrings tugged right out of their chest? Judging by FORT, not too many .... and no I'm not heartless at all. I'm a sucker for a good love story, when it's really love and not manipulation. I just see through these images of perfection and the fairy tales we're presented with. Fleiss knew he had gold with Emily. She's been playing this story for so long that she fit right into the role. I'm sure Fleiss psyches out his leads well enough by now to pretty accurately predict which contestant is likely to be F1 or F2, and he positioned Emily for either slot with that major sob story. He tried pretty much the same thing with Chris L and the loss of his mother, the only difference being that Chris L wasn't pretending to live his whole life around that loss and the "feel sorry for poor me, rescue me" card. The fact that he was presented so one-dimensionally no doubt had a lot to do with him turning down the Bachelor gig. We'll never know, but I bet if Emily had wound up being F2, she would have jumped at the chance to be the 'Ette in all her tragic glory.

Emily being the Bachette would of benefited NASCAR & MF immensly with viewership/advertising.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.