Page 50 of 110 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Didn't we hear about Ricky in every episode ~ or was I watching another show?
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just logic View Post
    Also, a lot of this would not have come up if tptb hadn't purposely planned the Las Vegas Speedway date. That went beyond cruel. Of course she's going to be effected because Ricky crashed there and it ended his racing career. If you think tptb weren't well aware of this you'd be wrong. I think they were hoping for much more of a reaction from Emily than she gave them.
    Same with the private jet on the first 1-on-1 date. Totally set up to try to get something out of her. Good for her for not giving it to them...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I read almost this exact post on another board, and I do appreciate what you are saying.

I am sure she loves her daughter (no doubt), but what I wouldn't give to see some pictures with bad nails (cuz she was too busy playing with Ricki), marker on the hands (from drawing with her daughter), or things that most on-hands moms have every day of their lives.

Before I get slammed for wanting her nails to be bad -- it's not about the nails.

It is about the overall hands-on (or hands-off) mothering. I don't know her from Adam (so I could be 100% wrong), but I just get the vibe she is fairly hands-off.

Strange considering Ricki is who much of Emily's story revolves around.
    I have a lot friends that are hands on moms and always seem to have perfect manicures. It's a Southern girl thing. We tend to be very prissy. I actually know someone who runs a home daycare and she will wake up at 4:30 am just so she can fix her hair and makeup in time to greet her clients and look presentable.

I'll let you in on a secret though, Emily & other Southern belles do have bad hair days, broken nails, puffy eyes and have been known to walk around in sweats. We will just never, EVER, allow ourselves to be photographed or seen in person in that condition.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la View Post
    Same with the private jet on the first 1-on-1 date. Totally set up to try to get something out of her. Good for her for not giving it to them...

They did not get anything out of Emily, because she probably, move on a along time ago.

FORT Fan

Also, a lot of this would not have come up if tptb hadn't purposely planned the Las Vegas Speedway date. That went beyond cruel. Of course she's going to be effected because Ricky crashed there and it ended his racing career. If you think tptb weren't well aware of this you'd be wrong. I think they were hoping for much more of a reaction from Emily than she gave them.
    I agree with this. That NASCAR date was the tptb. Just as the cave date was a set-up, etc., etc.

Funnily enough, during the NASCAR date, my heart absolutely broke for Emily. It truly, truly did. I may have even teared up if I remember correctly.

So for those of you out there getting the idea that I hate Emily, I don't. I've said before, I don't think she is a bad person at all.

But I do think she has ridden a years-long journey of pity and emotional manipulation, even before TB. Can I say that for fact? Nope. But can I say for fact the vibe I get from her? Yep. 100%.
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Didn't we hear about Ricky in every episode ~ or was I watching another show?
    No, she didn't talk about him in Ep 4, CR, Anguilla, she only mentioned him briefly on the HTD when she said "she has a dad that loves her very much shw knows that he's in heaven, and she only mentioned him briefly on the FD when she said "Ricky was in my life to show me what love it and to never settle for anything less than that. I have no doubt Brad is the right person for me"
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Who kept repeating on the show that men couldn't deal with her life? Wasn't that her? Maybe I don't remember correctly.

In any case, what's so hard to deal with? I know many single moms who have found wonderful men to marry and co-parent their children, often more than one child being involved. It might be a bit more challenging for those moms to find husbands but is certainly not the huge obstacle that either Emily (or Fleiss) presented it to be (partcularly when said child is already set for life financially and mom is beautiful and not hurting for money, either).

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiesmom View Post
    I have a lot friends that are hands on moms and always seem to have perfect manicures. It's a Southern girl thing. We tend to be very prissy. I actually know someone who runs a home daycare and she will wake up at 4:30 am just so she can fix her hair and makeup in time to greet her clients and look presentable.

I'll let you in on a secret though, Emily & other Southern belles do have bad hair days, broken nails, puffy eyes and have been known to walk around in sweats. We will just never, EVER, allow ourselves to be photographed or seen in person in that condition.
    Lol Exactly. She's on television. Any normal female would make sure to look their best when on television. I'm sure away from the camera, at home. Emily is just like all other momma's! (The HTD showed just how much little Ricki loves and adores her momma) Since she has been in the mansion and on dates, away from Ricki, why would she keep her hair messy, her nails' unkept, and wear sweats? I know I wouldn't!

From one southerner to another.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiesmom View Post

A) Ty for replying without anger at my post. I love being able to differ with people in a healthy way. TY!!

B) My first thought was "I need to move south cuz I so badly want better nails without the guilt lololol!" :-)

C) I will absolutely, 100% try to remember this when I see pix/read stories. Honestly, I'm not from the south (guess that's obvious to you lol), and its always good to get another perspective. After all, I only have mine and it would be very shallow to think its always on the money. (I only wish!)
    We like because... we love although...."

Maybe this should be in editing (oops) BUT this all goes back to I think what Jelle said about TPTB forgot to give everyone else a story. That keyed me in right there that EMily might be the F1.

Chantal went through a recent divorce to the only "love of her life". It ended not even a year ago. We only heard her mention it once but hopefully had Brad been considering proposing to Chantal we would have heard more about it.

Ashley had a boyfriend that passed away and a homeless father. We never even heard anything about the Bf but I am sure Brad did.

Since Emily is the F1 they showed us her story and how her and Brad went through the stages of breaking down her walls. I am sure alot of this was part of the Emily's "storyline" (thank you Martin) so that's why we got to see it.

If Chantal had been F1 we would have seen her struggle with her post divorce situation some more.

If Ashley had been F1 we would have heard about the dead BF and whether she was over it or not. (And BTW according to RS the part about the BF came out at the drunken pool party when Brad almost gave her a rose and then changed his mind because she was acting nutty).