Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

The texts aren't fabricated, but they are being blown out of proportion and in no way were Brad and Laurel engaged.

BTW the only text sent after taping began, he wished her Happy Birthday! I am friends enough to wish my exes (most of them) Happy Birthday or Congrats on marriage, baby etc. Doesn't mean anything.

The rest of the article was hearsay on Laurel's part of whether she believed Brad had changed or if he was really into the women. You can completely disregard those parts as the ramblings of a toxic ex out to cash in on his fame and the fact that her on again off again squeeze has finally moved on. I realized that when Us only had one source.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by minime13 View Post
    Regarding the dumbdumberanddior page - after about 5 minutes of web research, I found the following

1. The dumbdumberanddior page was created (according to godaddy) February 2nd, 2011.

2. There are a couple of insignificant posts that date before February 2nd, 2011, but on that day is the first mention of Brad.

3. On that post, one of the girls mentions a friend who dated him on and off for a few years, and how it would be really interesting to see what she thought of his season.

4. The other girl doesn't seem to know him, but mentions that she only knows what he's like by reading US Weekly.

All of that happened just a few short weeks before this edition was released - what, by mere coincidence?

Maybe so, but I'm of the opinion that these "friends" are either made up, are doing their friend Laurel a solid by trashing someone they honestly don't know, or are trying to ride whatever wave they think will be created by this. Either way, I think it's a sham and makes me believe Brad's story more than anything else.
    Nice detective work! I too was suspicious when I read back and found only 3 strange and brief posts in January. So I agree that Laurel's friends are an unpaid PR team who obviously had advance knowledge about the US article. It's too bad that we gave them some hits.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by beader View Post
    Interesting how we all have different perceptions. I read the blog and felt it sounded pretty real. Supposedly Laurel was at this girl's place when she received some of the e-mails. (Remember one had Brad saying, "When you get back....")
    ITA When I read the blog the best friend came across as someone that truly cared about her friend. She pointed out the one strange incident she encountered with Brad when she fell in front of his bar, but then she went on to say that he has been nothing but kind to her since. She was willing to help Brad get back with Laurel because she knew thatís what would make Laurel happy. Thatís what best friends do. Even when we donít agree with our friends choices we support them because we want them to be happy. I believe both Amanda and Laurel when they say they just want Brad to stay away from Laurel so that she can get on with her life.

I found a comment posted somewhere where Amanda posted about this blog and she made mention that she had posted about Brad & Laurel during his first season on TB but now I canít find that comment. It is a bit concerning to me that this blog just happened to appear a few weeks ago. I would be more suspicious if this blog was filled with Brad bashing but thatís not the vibe I got, it felt more like a best friend supporting someone she loves that is truly hurting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    Someone astutely mentioned that it was very timely that he was in such a "controlled interview" on the heels of the tabloid release. I too believe that ABC knew of the tabloid story coming out. In fact, I'd believe they endorsed it as well.

Every magazine is planned at least two months in advance, so ABC would have to have been notified the story was coming out, otherwise how would the magazine have a quote from Chris Harrison? It is normal procedure, nothing out of the ordinary and not a proof of conspiracy either, IMO.
    If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.
    Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysMrs View Post
    Every magazine is planned at least two months in advance, so ABC would have to have been notified the story was coming out, otherwise how would the magazine have a quote from Chris Harrison? It is normal procedure, nothing out of the ordinary and not a proof of conspiracy either, IMO.
    Was CH interviewed specifically for this article or did they borrow his words from somewhere else?
    Sometimes a publication will give those involved a heads up before the story runs and give them a chance to rebutle, so to speak.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Tabloid weekly mags aren't planned two months in advance ~
    their stories are based on current news. Ashley Simpson Wentz
    files for divorce from hubby ~ Boom, it's the next cover story!
    That's how it works. I do think they might wait on cover stories
    (like TB) for slow news weeks!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    Someone astutely mentioned that it was very timely that he was in such a "controlled interview" on the heels of the tabloid release. I too believe that ABC knew of the tabloid story coming out. In fact, I'd believe they endorsed it as well.
    That exactly, what lithargic, source said that TPTB, knew about Laurel, releasing the text messages to US magazine.

Instead of them them getting mad the use it a rating boost.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    Was CH interviewed specifically for this article or did they borrow his words from somewhere else?
    Sometimes a publication will give those involved a heads up before the story runs and give them a chance to rebutle, so to speak.
    Sorry, ... I forgot it's a weekly tabloid, thanks for reminding me, BachfanNY!
    Being a tabloid, one can never be sure whether they are borrowing some of the stuff they are printing. Also, one can never be sure if what they print is true. How many pregnancies, divorces, weddings, etc. have they "scooped" that never were?

I am taking the story with a big grain of salt, nowadays it is so easy to fake, photoshsop, etc. that I don't jump to conclusions right away, especially when the source is a tabloid. We know their track record.
    If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.
    Steven Wright

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    That exactly, what lithargic, source said that TPTB, knew about Laurel, releasing the text messages to US magazine.

Instead of them them getting mad the use it a rating boost.
    Laurel also admitted in her interview that she contact TB in early January

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Tabloid weekly mags aren't planned two months in advance ~
    their stories are based on current news. Ashley Simpson Wentz
    files for divorce from hubby ~ Boom, it's the next cover story!
    That's how it works. I do think they might wait on cover stories
    (like TB) for slow news weeks!
    I still have not read about Ashley Simpson's divorce. This board has kept me busy for a while, you guys post faster than a speeding bullet!
    Steven Wright