Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

The video of Emily and Ricky was done by a fan. Not family or even a friend. The photos used were those available online. They all take place from the time she moved to Charlotte to live with him, which we already knew they had an intimate relationship from that time on. There is only one photo out there with her wearing what we assume to be her engagement ring (did she ever state on the show it was?). It proves nothing but they lived together from shortly after she turned 18 (did she finish high school?) until his death. Which we already know. Even her friend who posts on here, going by what she said, has no idea about how or when their relationship started.

The only thing in print to point to a prior relationship is the Rick Hendrick interview which you can read here :

Waiting on a miracle | NASCAR News Now - SceneDaily.com

Based on this we can surmise:

They knew each other for years, been engaged for 6 months (as of the plane crash) planned to marry in December 2004 (no wedding plans in place just 2 months before the wedding? No engagement announcement, no dress purchased, no church booked...nothing...maybe they were eloping)

He references them meeting in Florida where both families own homes

He said she came to his house with her mother to tell them she was preganat and she was worried how thy would feel and they were worried how she would feel being alone (evidently they weren't close prior to that moment, and hadn't talked very much or they all would know how excited everyone would be)

H was suprised she wanted to stay in Charlotte and not be with her family. (I am too) He said it was because she had friends in Charlotte (she had only been there 5 months but whatever)

Then he says Emily and Ricky had been making plans to be together for a couple of years, so that puts them being "serious" when she was barely 16. He said they wanted to be together, that was their dream.

Take it for what you will because that is the only official story out there and eveyone envolved repeats the same thing exactly. No variations and no other details.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiesmom View Post
    Hi everyone. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion because my family has lived in the Charlotte, NC area for decades. I do not personally know Emily but our circles tend to overlap at times.

The "article" that Guardian Angel posted was actually taken from a blog about Nascar Wives & Girlfriends that was written by a NASCAR fan. While, there is some good info there, it can not be taken as gospel because the blog's author has been wrong on several occasions and she lives in LA and has no real connections to NASCAR.

I would be very cautious about any info that you read about Emily on NASCAR blogs and boards. There are a lot of crazy/obsessed NASCAR fans out there that live on those boards and have nothing better to do than to trash talk people and spread rumors. Some of Dale Jrs fans hate Emily because she went out with him - even though it was only a couple of dates and never a serious relationship. There are also vengeful ex-GFs (such as Cori Tietsort Kurek) and jealous mothers of Jrs ex-GFs who have been known to go on those boards and trash talk people out of jealousy.

It's been stated repeatedly by those that know Emily that she did not move to Nashville for some guy. She moved there for a change of pace (taking Ricki with her) and happened to date while she was there. She did not have a live-in boyfriend in Nashville. The rumors about Emily giving up custody of her daughter & not spending time with her are nothing short of ridiculous. There are more than enough photos of them that prove their close relationship.

From what I hear, Emily is as sweet in person as she is on TV. Emily has definitely not dated "billions of guys" and she was not down at the track every week trolling for dates like some pit lizard. She is a devoted mother and is very mature for her age. While she has dated and gone out to clubs on occasion, she is far from the town tramp that some are trying to make her out to be.

The woman who's picture was posted up-thread is definitely NOT Emily's mother. Emily's mother is Susan "Susie" Few Maynard. She lives in FL but rumor has it that she recently acquired a condo in Austin, TX.....
    Thanks for sharing. I read almost this exact post on another board, and I do appreciate what you are saying.

I am sure she loves her daughter (no doubt), but what I wouldn't give to see some pictures with bad nails (cuz she was too busy playing with Ricki), marker on the hands (from drawing with her daughter), or things that most on-hands moms have every day of their lives.

Before I get slammed for wanting her nails to be bad -- it's not about the nails.

It is about the overall hands-on (or hands-off) mothering. I don't know her from Adam (so I could be 100% wrong), but I just get the vibe she is fairly hands-off.

Strange considering Ricki is who much of Emily's story revolves around.
    We like because... we love although...."

Hi everyone. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion because my family has lived in the Charlotte, NC area for decades. I do not personally know Emily but our circles tend to overlap at times.

The "article" that Guardian Angel posted was actually taken from a blog about Nascar Wives & Girlfriends that was written by a NASCAR fan. While, there is some good info there, it can not be taken as gospel because the blog's author has been wrong on several occasions and she lives in LA and has no real connections to NASCAR.

I would be very cautious about any info that you read about Emily on NASCAR blogs and boards. There are a lot of crazy/obsessed NASCAR fans out there that live on those boards and have nothing better to do than to trash talk people and spread rumors. Some of Dale Jrs fans hate Emily because she went out with him - even though it was only a couple of dates and never a serious relationship. There are also vengeful ex-GFs (such as Cori Tietsort Kurek) and jealous mothers of Jrs ex-GFs who have been known to go on those boards and trash talk people out of jealousy.

It's been stated repeatedly by those that know Emily that she did not move to Nashville for some guy. She moved there for a change of pace (taking Ricki with her) and happened to date while she was there. She did not have a live-in boyfriend in Nashville. The rumors about Emily giving up custody of her daughter & not spending time with her are nothing short of ridiculous. There are more than enough photos of them that prove their close relationship.

From what I hear, Emily is as sweet in person as she is on TV. Emily has definitely not dated "billions of guys" and she was not down at the track every week trolling for dates like some pit lizard. She is a devoted mother and is very mature for her age. While she has dated and gone out to clubs on occasion, she is far from the town tramp that some are trying to make her out to be.

The woman who's picture was posted up-thread is definitely NOT Emily's mother. Emily's mother is Susan "Susie" Few Maynard. She lives in FL but rumor has it that she recently acquired a condo in Austin, TX.....
    welcome...

Thanks for posting and 'welcome'.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic View Post
    I personally think it was tptb who were shoving the 'pity card' down our throats, not Emily. When she was talking to Brad about why none of her relationships after Ricky didn't work out she took part of the blame. "Maybe I sabotage the relationships" . It sounded to me that she was trying to figure out what happened and one of the reasons she gave was that maybe they couldn't deal with her past and her child.
    AMEN!!! Emily has been constantly reassuring Brad that she is fine with the whole Ricky situation. Not once has she asked for pity... heck when she told Brad her situation she barely shed a tear. Clearly she just wants people to stop talking about it. It's like she told Lisa, "I am over it, but take me to a racetrack and it's going to bring back memories" or something like that. Puh-leeze I don't feel sorry for Emily whatsoever maybe 6 years ago I would have but not now.

IMO, if Emily wanted to be pitied she would have told Brad from the very first M&G about her "past" and played it up from there. The pity card comes from TPTB not Emily. Unspoiled audience members didn't know until she told Brad a couple of episodes in. We knew before the season because we are spoiled by coming on the boards and finding out all we can on the women.

I truly believe Emily when she said she wanted to get away and leave it all behind. She wanted Brad to meet and know her first for who she is not her backstory. TPTB wanted us to meet her backstory. We all have baggage, it just comes in different size suitcases. She left hers in baggage check. TPTB dragged it behind her.

Pity is the last thing I believe or see that Emily wants or needs or is expecting. IMO

IF anyone should be pitied it should be the ex who couldn't help but drag a few names through the mud because Emily decided to get on with her life and she is stuck in hers.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I read almost this exact post on another board, and I do appreciate what you are saying.

I am sure she loves her daughter (no doubt), but what I wouldn't give to see some pictures with bad nails (cuz she was too busy playing with Ricki), marker on the hands (from drawing with her daughter), or things that most on-hands moms have every day of their lives.

Before I get slammed for wanting her nails to be bad -- it's not about the nails.

It is about the overall hands-on (or hands-off) mothering. I don't know her from Adam (so I could be 100% wrong), but I just get the vibe she is fairly hands-off.

Strange considering Ricki is who much of Emily's story revolves around.
    how can anyone say that Em is a bad mom of the .5% of her that we see on this show. It is clear that Em and Ricki have a close bond and nothing will come between that. It is clear that this is the longest that Em has ever been away from Ricki by the way Ricki clung to her when she saw Em at the HTD and when Em called her on the show it was clear it was breaking her heart to be away from her. Just because she went on this show to start something new with someone new does not make her a bad mother or a bad person for that matter. I don't see how we can call her a "hand's off" mom when we saw her all of 5 mins with her daughter on the show
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    how can anyone say that Em is a bad mom of the .5% of her that we see on this show. It is clear that Em and Ricki have a close bond and nothing will come between that. It is clear that this is the longest that Em has ever been away from Ricki by the way Ricki clung to her when she saw Em at the HTD and when Em called her on the show it was clear it was breaking her heart to be away from her. Just because she went on this show to start something new with someone new does not make her a bad mother or a bad person for that matter. I don't see how we can call her a "hand's off" mom when we saw her all of 5 mins with her daughter on the show
    Let me clarify -- I am not saying she is a bad mother at all. As a mother, I take that very seriously (I certainly don't want anyone calling me a bad mom).

What I said is that I get the vibe she is hands-off. If you interpreted that as bad, then I'm sorry for that. But yes, that is the vibe I get.

I'd love to see some normal everyday mom stuff from her camp! I think it would be great!

ETA: Here is my actual quote, which I clearly qualified as coming from someone who does not know her: "I don't know her from Adam (so I could be 100% wrong), but I just get the vibe she is fairly hands-off."
    Last edited by eepsuel; 03-06-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add my quote
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    IMO, if Emily wanted to be pitied she would have told Brad from the very first M&G about her "past" and played it up from there. The pity card comes from TPTB not Emily. Unspoiled audience members didn't know until she told Brad a couple of episodes in. We knew before the season because we are spoiled by coming on the boards and finding out all we can on the women.

I truly believe Emily when she said she wanted to get away and leave it all behind. She wanted Brad to meet and know her first for who she is not her backstory. TPTB wanted us to meet her backstory. We all have baggage, it just comes in different size suitcases. She left hers in baggage check. TPTB dragged it behind her.

Pity is the last thing I believe or see that Emily wants or needs or is expecting. IMO

IF anyone should be pitied it should be the ex who couldn't help but drag a few names through the mud because Emily decided to get on with her life and she is stuck in hers.

That was awesome!! true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    AMEN!!! Emily has been constantly reassuring Brad that she is fine with the whole Ricky situation. Not once has she asked for pity... heck when she told Brad her situation she barely shed a tear. Clearly she just wants people to stop talking about it. It's like she told Lisa, "I am over it, but take me to a racetrack and it's going to bring back memories" or something like that. Puh-leeze I don't feel sorry for Emily whatsoever maybe 6 years ago I would have but not now.
    Also, a lot of this would not have come up if tptb hadn't purposely planned the Las Vegas Speedway date. That went beyond cruel. Of course she's going to be effected because Ricky crashed there and it ended his racing career. If you think tptb weren't well aware of this you'd be wrong. I think they were hoping for much more of a reaction from Emily than she gave them.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!