Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1095

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

  1. #471
    Love Not Hate LoveThem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    558

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagfan View Post
    I may have missed this, but do you know Emily or Cori personally? Did you know Ricky?
    Yes I do.
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...

  2. #472
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying it was creepy once Emily turned 18 ... and it's irrelevant that Ashton and Demi have a big age gap because their relationship didn't start when Ashton was a child in middle school. However, the article stated that they met in 1999 (at which time Emily was 12), became good friends (why? how? ... creepy), when Emily went home with her parents they saw each other on weekends (creepy) and talked incessantly on the phone during the week (creepy). By the time Emily was 17 or 18 they were considered a "longtime couple" (creepy), and then suddenly Emily was pregnant and Ricky died.
    Sorry but the article got sooo much wrong why are we so hung up on that date. It was made very clear before that Emily met Ricky in 2002 when she was 15. The didn't date until later. There are pictures of them at her 18th birthday party. She was dating him for several months before his death.. She found out she was pregnant.. end of story. She was 18 therefor legal. Why are you all dragging a man threw the mud who is not longer here to defend himself ?


    Besides for those of you who take Cori's word on this .. she said she was with Ricky and they split in mid 2003.. hello Emily is 17 at that point. she's not 12 or even 15 then..

    Why is everybody so willing believe a drug addict who cant get a job in North Carolina anymore?

    Can we please just let this die.. ?

  3. #473
    FORT Fan Jagfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    356

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveThem View Post
    Yes I do.
    Thank you for answering. If you ever feel like sharing what her motivation was for going on a reality TV dating show, I'd be interested in hearing it.

  4. #474
    Love Not Hate LoveThem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    558

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagfan View Post
    Thank you for answering. If you ever feel like sharing what her motivation was for going on a reality TV dating show, I'd be interested in hearing it.
    I'd share if I knew. My Best guess is she did it for the adventure & finding love. Despite what is being tossed around Emily is a good person.
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...

  5. #475
    FORT Fogey just logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Re the bolded ~ that is a fact! Many of us have experienced real life
    tragedies as well, and were left with much more difficult circumstances than
    Emily has had to deal with! It is to her benefit to keep
    playing the sympathy card, and she does a pretty damn good job of it!
    I personally think it was tptb who were shoving the 'pity card' down our throats, not Emily. When she was talking to Brad about why none of her relationships after Ricky didn't work out she took part of the blame. "Maybe I sabotage the relationships" . It sounded to me that she was trying to figure out what happened and one of the reasons she gave was that maybe they couldn't deal with her past and her child.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

  6. #476
    FORT Fogey mprssdbyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Sorry but the article got sooo much wrong why are we so hung up on that date. It was made very clear before that Emily met Ricky in 2002 when she was 15. The didn't date until later. There are pictures of them at her 18th birthday party. She was dating him for several months before his death.. She found out she was pregnant.. end of story. She was 18 therefor legal. Why are you all dragging a man threw the mud who is not longer here to defend himself ?


    Besides for those of you who take Cori's word on this .. she said she was with Ricky and they split in mid 2003.. hello Emily is 17 at that point. she's not 12 or even 15 then..

    Why is everybody so willing believe a drug addict who cant get a job in North Carolina anymore?
    Can we please just let this die.. ?
    Because it makes this season so much easier to take when Chantal was guaranteed F1 for so long, no doubts until Fleiss decided to show us the LOVE story that had been happening from day 1 between Brad and Emily. It was there from the very beginning and I'm glad I didn't miss it.
    Last edited by mprssdbyu; 03-06-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

    I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

  7. #477
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveThem View Post
    I'd share if I knew. My Best guess is she did it for the adventure & finding love. Despite what is being tossed around Emily is a good person.
    I just want to toss this out there. Despite my feelings on what I see of her, I actually don't think she is a bad person at all.

    I think maybe she is confused about what her strengths really are, and therefore, plays to the lowest common denominator -- pity. (And I think she constantly gets positive reinforcement for that. It works, sadly).

    Still, I get the vibe she wants to be a good wife/mother, truly, I do.

    I just hope that when she ages a bit she starts to see she can stand on her OWN 2 feet, rather than stand on/rely on pity from the past.
    We like because... we love although...."

  8. #478
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Hi everyone. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion because my family has lived in the Charlotte, NC area for decades. I do not personally know Emily but our circles tend to overlap at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I thnk that's debatable. In the article posted by Guardian Angel upthread, Ricky and Emily were described as a "longtime couple" by the time she moved, having seen other on weekends and talking on the phone during the week.
    The "article" that Guardian Angel posted was actually taken from a blog about Nascar Wives & Girlfriends that was written by a NASCAR fan. While, there is some good info there, it can not be taken as gospel because the blog's author has been wrong on several occasions and she lives in LA and has no real connections to NASCAR.

    I would be very cautious about any info that you read about Emily on NASCAR blogs and boards. There are a lot of crazy/obsessed NASCAR fans out there that live on those boards and have nothing better to do than to trash talk people and spread rumors. Some of Dale Jrs fans hate Emily because she went out with him - even though it was only a couple of dates and never a serious relationship. There are also vengeful ex-GFs (such as Cori Tietsort Kurek) and jealous mothers of Jrs ex-GFs who have been known to go on those boards and trash talk people out of jealousy.

    It's been stated repeatedly by those that know Emily that she did not move to Nashville for some guy. She moved there for a change of pace (taking Ricki with her) and happened to date while she was there. She did not have a live-in boyfriend in Nashville. The rumors about Emily giving up custody of her daughter & not spending time with her are nothing short of ridiculous. There are more than enough photos of them that prove their close relationship.

    From what I hear, Emily is as sweet in person as she is on TV. Emily has definitely not dated "billions of guys" and she was not down at the track every week trolling for dates like some pit lizard. She is a devoted mother and is very mature for her age. While she has dated and gone out to clubs on occasion, she is far from the town tramp that some are trying to make her out to be.

    The woman who's picture was posted up-thread is definitely NOT Emily's mother. Emily's mother is Susan "Susie" Few Maynard. She lives in FL but rumor has it that she recently acquired a condo in Austin, TX.....

  9. #479
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Sorry but the article got sooo much wrong why are we so hung up on that date. It was made very clear before that Emily met Ricky in 2002 when she was 15. The didn't date until later. There are pictures of them at her 18th birthday party. She was dating him for several months before his death.. She found out she was pregnant.. end of story. She was 18 therefor legal. Why are you all dragging a man threw the mud who is not longer here to defend himself ?


    Besides for those of you who take Cori's word on this .. she said she was with Ricky and they split in mid 2003.. hello Emily is 17 at that point. she's not 12 or even 15 then..

    Why is everybody so willing believe a drug addict who cant get a job in North Carolina anymore?

    Can we please just let this die.. ?
    One article says they met in 1999, and you say another source says 2002. How does anyone know which source is correct? We have no proof of either, so if some of us choose to believe 1999 and others believe 2002, that doesn't make one group right and the other wrong. Besides, it doesn't change a whole heck of a lot for me if she was 15 and he was 22 or 23.

    I'm not dragging Ricky through the mud. Personally, I think Emily's parents have a little more responsibility in this than Ricky did, and I wonder if their daughter had been involved with someone his age but without the wealthy family and the name, whether it would have been a different story. I'm only discussing all of this in the context of how Emily has been shown to us, both by her own well-practiced story and by Fleiss. As far as Cori, I couldn't care less what she has to say and am not basing one bit of my opinion on it.

    Game show contestants are fair game on this board, and the best way to let something die is not to post in response to it and therefore keep it going.

  10. #480
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    832

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiesmom View Post
    Hi everyone. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion because my family has lived in the Charlotte, NC area for decades. I do not personally know Emily but our circles tend to overlap at times.



    The "article" that Guardian Angel posted was actually taken from a blog about Nascar Wives & Girlfriends that was written by a NASCAR fan. While, there is some good info there, it can not be taken as gospel because the blog's author has been wrong on several occasions and she lives in LA and has no real connections to NASCAR.

    I would be very cautious about any info that you read about Emily on NASCAR blogs and boards. There are a lot of crazy/obsessed NASCAR fans out there that live on those boards and have nothing better to do than to trash talk people and spread rumors. Some of Dale Jrs fans hate Emily because she went out with him - even though it was only a couple of dates and never a serious relationship. There are also vengeful ex-GFs (such as Cori Tietsort Kurek) and jealous mothers of Jrs ex-GFs who have been known to go on those boards and trash talk people out of jealousy.

    It's been stated repeatedly by those that know Emily that she did not move to Nashville for some guy. She moved there for a change of pace (taking Ricki with her) and happened to date while she was there. She did not have a live-in boyfriend in Nashville. The rumors about Emily giving up custody of her daughter & not spending time with her are nothing short of ridiculous. There are more than enough photos of them that prove their close relationship.

    From what I hear, Emily is as sweet in person as she is on TV. Emily has definitely not dated "billions of guys" and she was not down at the track every week trolling for dates like some pit lizard. She is a devoted mother and is very mature for her age. While she has dated and gone out to clubs on occasion, she is far from the town tramp that some are trying to make her out to be.

    The woman who's picture was posted up-thread is definitely NOT Emily's mother. Emily's mother is Susan "Susie" Few Maynard. She lives in FL but rumor has it that she recently acquired a condo in Austin, TX.....
    WOW, thank you for sharing!

    Emily's mother is Susan "Susie" Few Maynard. She lives in FL but rumor has it that she recently acquired a condo in Austin, TX.
    VERY COOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.