Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    The sad part about this, IMO, is that one of the parties that is being discussed in the tabloids can't defend himself (or Emily or Ricki) because his life was tragically cut short.
    If Emily hadn't made the decision to appear on a reality TV dating show we wouldn't be discussing it. She did and we are.

I think she had the greater responsibility in this, especially since she had his child. Maybe she should have put her child (and Ricky's memory) above her desire to appear on a reality TV dating show. JMHO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    <snipped>

My point was it was irrelavant when they met.
    If they met at a BBQ and bumped into each other (as families do) here and there, I would agree. But is that the story you've seen presented? Honestly, is that the story that has been presented?

Jeez, even Sleeping Beauty is an "infant" when Prince Philip is brought as a six or seven year old to "view" his birde.
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't calling her when she was infant. Ironic you should use this as an example, considering it is a completely MADE UP FAIRY TALE. (No offense intended).

His ex is bitter and is walking all over his grave with that bitterness because he replaced her and even though she married someone else she can't get over the love the Hendrick's show for Emily.
    Or, she is bitter cuz her history is being rewritten right along with theirs. It may invalidate what she felt for him for years. I may be bitter, too in her shoes. Just a thought.
    We like because... we love although...."

FORT Regular

After reading all (and I do mean ALL) of these rumors, I have come to the conclusion that people want to believe what THEY want to believe. I don't think we are privy to all of the details of this relationship and are willing to put our own spin on them. Females are catty. They don't like when things don't go their way and try to make themselves look better than what they really are. I am a female, I work with females and I have a teenage daughter. I have seen it happen in real life. I remember being 13 and hanging out with my 17 year old brother's guy friends. They were my friends and treated me like their little sister. When I started high school and they were seniors, some of them asked me out. I did not go. If you think about it, how many 13-14 year old girls start high school with 18-19 year old boys? They become friends and develop crushes on one another. It may not be until the girls are 16-17 before they consider dating one of the older guys who are now 22-23 years old. Yes it happens, maybe not in your world, but it does. I know of a couple who became friends when she was 16 and he was 24, and started dating. Their parents did not disapprove of the relationship. Their dates were always with one set of parents present. Both sets of parents are well thought of and have high profile careers in our community. They are also regular church goers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I doubt very seriously anyone would put up pictures of a 13 year old with Ricky. Who would publicize that? I agree they probably got serious when she was 17-18, not 12. Still, it creeps me out, sorry.

I have to address this cuz my daughter at 12 looked 18. She physically matured waaaaaay too early, but let me say this: She was still 12. Just because she "looked" older did not mean I allowed anyone to treat her as such. In fact, I had to fight it on more than one occasion.

But that is NOT how it's been presented. It has been presented as her being an important part of his life (in some sense, probably friendship) for a while.

Here is what gets me --> I get her position, really I do. Much of it, I have lived myself and would not want anyone judging me for it. However, STOP playing the pity/soul-mate/single-mom card and just tell the GD truth!

I will respect the truth, no matter what it is, or how bad. But I don't appreciate lies geared toward ONE thing: To pull on people's heartstrings.

It is called Emotional Manipulation. And some people are masters at it. I cannot blame all that on MF cuz with Emily, she's been selling this story for years.

Sadly, she is pretty/sweet enough that these tactics were not necessary. She seems to love her daughter, and be a nice enough girl. Why wasn't the REAL truth good enough??
    Great post. I think Emily has this "sweet pretty li'l ol' me" thing down to a science, add a sweet pretty little fatherless girl to that and a fiance tragically killed in a plane crash, and who can resist having their heartstrings tugged right out of their chest? Judging by FORT, not too many .... and no I'm not heartless at all. I'm a sucker for a good love story, when it's really love and not manipulation. I just see through these images of perfection and the fairy tales we're presented with. Fleiss knew he had gold with Emily. She's been playing this story for so long that she fit right into the role. I'm sure Fleiss psyches out his leads well enough by now to pretty accurately predict which contestant is likely to be F1 or F2, and he positioned Emily for either slot with that major sob story. He tried pretty much the same thing with Chris L and the loss of his mother, the only difference being that Chris L wasn't pretending to live his whole life around that loss and the "feel sorry for poor me, rescue me" card. The fact that he was presented so one-dimensionally no doubt had a lot to do with him turning down the Bachelor gig. We'll never know, but I bet if Emily had wound up being F2, she would have jumped at the chance to be the 'Ette in all her tragic glory.

Ty Nibbles :-) I just really feel the whole emotional manipulation thing cannot be put solely on editing or on MF.

Sure, she has had some bad times (we all have, and I feel for that) -- but she has also had some good times. The poor-me card doesn't work when you look at how easy some parts of her life obviously are (i.e. this is not a girl struggling to feed her daughter every week, this is not a girl who cannot find a date because she is working 2 jobs to pay the rent, etc.).

And I gotta say this -- people keep talking about her having a daughter as baggage that men don't want to deal with. In my experience (and I have more than one child) -- that is blown WAY out of proportion. It is not a "poor-Emily, most men can't handle her life" thing. WTH? Drama-much?

Imo, and I know I'll get slammed, but the real drama has come from the Emily story/camp. A few tears from Chantal hardly compares to a LIFESTYLE of wanting pity/excuses/gimmes.

Sorry, but those of us who live a real life find it somewhat laughable.
    Re the bolded ~ that is a fact! Many of us have experienced real life
    tragedies as well, and were left with much more difficult circumstances than
    Emily has had to deal with! It is to her benefit to keep
    playing the sympathy card, and she does a pretty damn good job of it!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Newbie

I think this is ALL crazy !!! This is why I would NEVER go on any reality show!! lol but, I hope the best for Emily and little Ricki ...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Eepseul ~ Great post!!! Emily's own involvement with Nascar & being at the track every weekend
    since shortly after his death ~ is NOTHING like what she or MF & Co are *selling*. She apparently has
    moved on & dealt with his death many many years ago. It's hard to find sympathy for someone who
    is still portraying themselves in the way that she has ~ when by all accounts it is anything BUT the actual
    truth of the matter.
    I think what a lot of people either missed (or may be are ignoring) is that what affected Emily on that date was NOT just being around NASCAR. How could it when she has such close ties to Hendricks and the NASCAR world?!

What affected Emily was WHERE they were - LAS VEGAS SPEEDWAY (where Ricky ended his driving career) and WHAT she had to do. Emily was also required to actual get inside a NASCAR (which she has not done since Ricky's death) and drive a NASCAR (something that Ricky always wanted her to do). Its explicitly stated in the episode. I believe that those are three plausible things that she has NOT done since Ricky's death and no matter what her in her involvement in the sport has been since. That is what affected her. I think you add all of these elements together and her having strong feelings developing for Brad (maybe even a little guilt because she hasn't felt that since Ricky) and it made for a very emotional event.

I am also not sure why people assumed that Emily was trying to hide that she has been around NASCAR from Brad because she flat out says to him while they are on the grass together "NASCAR is such as huge part of my life back in Charlotte" and that she "just wanted to get away from it and leave it behind." She is not hiding that fact.

She did NOT expect to do anything with NASCAR coming on the show and it blindsided her. I think you can be over something like losing a loved one for years but sometimes there may be something that can trigger it. For Emily it was the significance of where they were and what she was doing.

Would never wish for anyone to ever have to experience the shocking and unexpected death of a love one because while you heal, you don't forget. I lost someone in 911 and while I don't think about her everyday, its the simplest things like someone ordering a blueberry muffin (her favorite) which will remind me of her and make me emotional.
    Last edited by Just LQQking; 03-06-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagfan View Post
    If Emily hadn't made the decision to appear on a reality TV dating show we wouldn't be discussing it. She did and we are.

I think she had the greater responsibility in this, especially since she had his child. Maybe she should have put her child (and Ricky's memory) above her desire to appear on a reality TV dating show. JMHO
    I applaud you ~ great thoughts, and great post!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fogey

Ty Nibbles :-) I just really feel the whole emotional manipulation thing cannot be put solely on editing or on MF.

Sure, she has had some bad times (we all have, and I feel for that) -- but she has also had some good times. The poor-me card doesn't work when you look at how easy some parts of her life obviously are (i.e. this is not a girl struggling to feed her daughter every week, this is not a girl who cannot find a date because she is working 2 jobs to pay the rent, etc.).

And I gotta say this -- people keep talking about her having a daughter as baggage that men don't want to deal with. In my experience (and I have more than one child) -- that is blown WAY out of proportion. It is not a "poor-Emily, most men can't handle her life" thing. WTH? Drama-much?

Imo, and I know I'll get slammed, but the real drama has come from the Emily story/camp. A few tears from Chantal hardly compares to a LIFESTYLE of wanting pity/excuses/gimmes.

Sorry, but those of us who live a real life find it somewhat laughable.
    Eepsuel, you are the voice of reason! TY.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    The sad part about this, IMO, is that one of the parties that is being discussed in the tabloids can't defend himself (or Emily or Ricki) because his life was tragically cut short.
    No, he can't. But we do know looking at the pictures he and Emily had something very special. According to her ring she displays, they had something VERY VERY special. And the way the rest of the world may or may not see it...just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The Hendricks adore Emily and that little girl. As someone said, his sister thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Talked about loved by ALL. In the end, I'm glad I was able to see the love story that changed her life again. Cori can spin it any way she likes. Her X husband is embarrassed enough that he apologized to ALL through ABC. IT IS WHAT IT IS.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar