Page 46 of 110 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1095

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

  1. #451
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    In all the videos we see that have pictures of Ricky and Emily, Emily is not 12. She looks to be 17 or 18. Okay, he was about 6 or 7 years older than her? It doesn't "appear" in any photos that they were a couple until she "grew" up. I would think he probably was flattered by her "crush" and didn't think much of it until after his engagement to Cori broke up. Emily is older at that point. Someone he knows, talks too, understands him.
    I doubt very seriously anyone would put up pictures of a 13 year old with Ricky. Who would publicize that? I agree they probably got serious when she was 17-18, not 12. Still, it creeps me out, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    I don't know if Emily has older siblings but speaking from experience, my 12 year old looks 15, I'm sure at 15 she may look older. That being said she is in the company of her brother's friends (he is 20). They all treat her as a "younger" sister at this point and I would kill them with my bare hands if they looked at her as a "girlfriend". It is creepy and shouldn't be encouraged. But what if in the future she is 18 and starts dating one of these men she met at 12. Just because she was a kid when they met means the relationship is taboo when she is 18?
    I have to address this cuz my daughter at 12 looked 18. She physically matured waaaaaay too early, but let me say this: She was still 12. Just because she "looked" older did not mean I allowed anyone to treat her as such. In fact, I had to fight it on more than one occasion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    It is hard to say when the relationship jumped from friend to lover but I doubt it was at 12, 15, or even 16. At least on Ricky's part. Emily may have always had a "crush" which turned to love when Ricky finally saw her as a woman and not a girl.
    But that is NOT how it's been presented. It has been presented as her being an important part of his life (in some sense, probably friendship) for a while.

    Here is what gets me --> I get her position, really I do. Much of it, I have lived myself and would not want anyone judging me for it. However, STOP playing the pity/soul-mate/single-mom card and just tell the GD truth!

    I will respect the truth, no matter what it is, or how bad. But I don't appreciate lies geared toward ONE thing: To pull on people's heartstrings.

    It is called Emotional Manipulation. And some people are masters at it. I cannot blame all that on MF cuz with Emily, she's been selling this story for years.

    Sadly, she is pretty/sweet enough that these tactics were not necessary. She seems to love her daughter, and be a nice enough girl. Why wasn't the REAL truth good enough??
    We like because... we love although...."

  2. #452
    FORT Fogey KareyR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post

    Well, I did watch those videos and when you add them to what we've heard via other sources.. here's the story I come up with.

    Emily met Ricky when she was quite young and probably set her sights on him. Ricky most likely thought of her as a kid sister, so much so that he even got engaged to another girl. Ricky and Emily hooked up at some point when she was around 17 turning 18 and dated until the time of his death. Was the pregnancy an "accident"? probably not as they seemed to be living together so I'm pretty sure a pregnancy at this stage wasn't planned, on Ricky's part anyway. I think the Hendrick's were thrilled that they were going to have a grandchild fathered by their beloved son and have done everything they could so that his name wouldn't be tarnished and that their beautiful little granddaughter will grow up feeling loved and wanted. When looking at that video I didn't see one pic of Emily wearing that engagement ring. I think at some point the family had a photoshopped picture of that ring done to "prove" to the world that they were engaged while their son was alive (anybody know when that photo showed up? 'cause the story seems to have gone around Nascar for many years that they were never engaged?)

    Emily started dating early in 2006 (Ricki was probably 8 or 9 mths) Dale Jr, and has dated a " billion" guys in the last 5 yrs. She spends a lot of time at the track and dating Nascar related people and even did some tv work. She had/has? an agent and moved to Nashville for a boyfriend (don't know if they lived together or not) and to start a career but was unsuccessful. She doesn't seem to work and lives in a huge house owned by the Hendricks (wonder why they didn't gift it to her outright?)

    I also find Emily's story about all the guys that she's dated having a hard time accepting that she has a child... goodness, that baby girl comes with a trust fund so it's not like she has to be supported or her college paid for. Maybe after awhile, Emily just isn't that likeable.. who knows... or maybe Emily just doesn't want a guy right now... her closed mouth kisses with Brad are what bugs me about the whole relationship thing... she just doesn't seem sincere

    anyway, that's the read I have on Emily... right or wrong.. that's the story that I've perceived from what I've seen and read.
    Wow....you've got it all in a nutshell!!! Well done!
    Thanks

    Karey
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  3. #453
    TEAM BREMILY ♥ Truelovealways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveThem View Post
    From my understanding Ricky & Emily met in 2002 - she would have been 15/16 Depending on the exact month, He would have been 21/22. They may have 'met' in passing(if that story is true about them meeting because their parents were building houses by each other) in 1999 but I don't think they really started talking then. Ricky is dead. He is gone. He loved Emily more than anything else in the world - so the age gap when they started dating is irrelevant IMO. He loved her - He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her & he did just that. Leaving her with a beautiful little girl so that she had a piece of him for the rest of her life. Were they engaged? I think so. But I also think that their relationship didn't get really serious until probably 2003. They spent an amazing Year - year & a half together & he died a happy man. She has his child, she spent his last few days with him not this Cori girl. So to me that says more than any garbage Cori can come up with from 2 years before he died. I'll stop now
    Thank you I agree with all of this.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

  4. #454
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    In all the videos we see that have pictures of Ricky and Emily, Emily is not 12. She looks to be 17 or 18. Okay, he was about 6 or 7 years older than her? It doesn't "appear" in any photos that they were a couple until she "grew" up. I would think he probably was flattered by her "crush" and didn't think much of it until after his engagement to Cori broke up. Emily is older at that point. Someone he knows, talks too, understands him.

    Second, there are many relationships where the couple are separated by years. (Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher). There would have been a point in their lives that the one person was an adult and the other not. How gross to think Ashton Kutcher in diapers and Demi Moore and adult or at the very least a teenager......creepy......

    I don't know if Emily has older siblings but speaking from experience, my 12 year old looks 15, I'm sure at 15 she may look older. That being said she is in the company of her brother's friends (he is 20). They all treat her as a "younger" sister at this point and I would kill them with my bare hands if they looked at her as a "girlfriend". It is creepy and shouldn't be encouraged. But what if in the future she is 18 and starts dating one of these men she met at 12. Just because she was a kid when they met means the relationship is taboo when she is 18? My goodness, my parents were 12 years apart. My Dad an adult for a very long time before my mother became one. Granted they didn't meet until she was 18 but still.

    It is hard to say when the relationship jumped from friend to lover but I doubt it was at 12, 15, or even 16. At least on Ricky's part. Emily may have always had a "crush" which turned to love when Ricky finally saw her as a woman and not a girl.
    I don't think anyone is saying it was creepy once Emily turned 18 ... and it's irrelevant that Ashton and Demi have a big age gap because their relationship didn't start when Ashton was a child in middle school. However, the article stated that they met in 1999 (at which time Emily was 12), became good friends (why? how? ... creepy), when Emily went home with her parents they saw each other on weekends (creepy) and talked incessantly on the phone during the week (creepy). By the time Emily was 17 or 18 they were considered a "longtime couple" (creepy), and then suddenly Emily was pregnant and Ricky died.

  5. #455
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Eepseul ~ Great post!!! Emily's own involvement with Nascar & being at the track every weekend
    since shortly after his death ~ is NOTHING like what she or MF & Co are *selling*. She apparently has
    moved on & dealt with his death many many years ago. It's hard to find sympathy for someone who
    is still portraying themselves in the way that she has ~ when by all accounts it is anything BUT the actual
    truth of the matter.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  6. #456
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I doubt very seriously anyone would put up pictures of a 13 year old with Ricky. Who would publicize that? I agree they probably got serious when she was 17-18, not 12. Still, it creeps me out, sorry.



    I have to address this cuz my daughter at 12 looked 18. She physically matured waaaaaay too early, but let me say this: She was still 12. Just because she "looked" older did not mean I allowed anyone to treat her as such. In fact, I had to fight it on more than one occasion.



    But that is NOT how it's been presented. It has been presented as her being an important part of his life (in some sense, probably friendship) for a while.

    Here is what gets me --> I get her position, really I do. Much of it, I have lived myself and would not want anyone judging me for it. However, STOP playing the pity/soul-mate/single-mom card and just tell the GD truth!

    I will respect the truth, no matter what it is, or how bad. But I don't appreciate lies geared toward ONE thing: To pull on people's heartstrings.

    It is called Emotional Manipulation. And some people are masters at it. I cannot blame all that on MF cuz with Emily, she's been selling this story for years.

    Sadly, she is pretty/sweet enough that these tactics were not necessary. She seems to love her daughter, and be a nice enough girl. Why wasn't the REAL truth good enough??
    Because it is the Bachelor and it will never be enough.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  7. #457
    FORT Fogey grneyedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    The sad part about this, IMO, is that one of the parties that is being discussed in the tabloids can't defend himself (or Emily or Ricki) because his life was tragically cut short.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

  8. #458
    FORT Fan Jagfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    356

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveThem View Post
    From my understanding Ricky & Emily met in 2002 - she would have been 15/16 Depending on the exact month, He would have been 21/22. They may have 'met' in passing(if that story is true about them meeting because their parents were building houses by each other) in 1999 but I don't think they really started talking then. Ricky is dead. He is gone. He loved Emily more than anything else in the world - so the age gap when they started dating is irrelevant IMO. He loved her - He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her & he did just that. Leaving her with a beautiful little girl so that she had a piece of him for the rest of her life. Were they engaged? I think so. But I also think that their relationship didn't get really serious until probably 2003. They spent an amazing Year - year & a half together & he died a happy man. She has his child, she spent his last few days with him not this Cori girl. So to me that says more than any garbage Cori can come up with from 2 years before he died. I'll stop now
    I may have missed this, but do you know Emily or Cori personally? Did you know Ricky?

  9. #459
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Eepseul ~ Great post!!! Emily's own involvement with Nascar & being at the track every weekend
    since shortly after his death ~ is NOTHING like what she or MF & Co are *selling*. She apparently has
    moved on & dealt with his death many many years ago. It's hard to find sympathy for someone who
    is still portraying themselves in the way that she has ~ when by all accounts it is anything BUT the actual
    truth of the matter.
    Ty Nibbles :-) I just really feel the whole emotional manipulation thing cannot be put solely on editing or on MF.

    Sure, she has had some bad times (we all have, and I feel for that) -- but she has also had some good times. The poor-me card doesn't work when you look at how easy some parts of her life obviously are (i.e. this is not a girl struggling to feed her daughter every week, this is not a girl who cannot find a date because she is working 2 jobs to pay the rent, etc.).

    And I gotta say this -- people keep talking about her having a daughter as baggage that men don't want to deal with. In my experience (and I have more than one child) -- that is blown WAY out of proportion. It is not a "poor-Emily, most men can't handle her life" thing. WTH? Drama-much?

    Imo, and I know I'll get slammed, but the real drama has come from the Emily story/camp. A few tears from Chantal hardly compares to a LIFESTYLE of wanting pity/excuses/gimmes.

    Sorry, but those of us who live a real life find it somewhat laughable.
    We like because... we love although...."

  10. #460
    MT Native Bjaminsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    448

    Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying it was creepy once Emily turned 18 ... and it's irrelevant that Ashton and Demi have a big age gap because their relationship didn't start when Ashton was a child in middle school. However, the article stated that they met in 1999 (at which time Emily was 12), became good friends (why? how? ... creepy), when Emily went home with her parents they saw each other on weekends (creepy) and talked incessantly on the phone during the week (creepy). By the time Emily was 17 or 18 they were considered a "longtime couple" (creepy), and then suddenly Emily was pregnant and Ricky died.
    Obviously, they do. Otherwise it wouldn't even be brought up. But it is all relative.

    My daughter in not way would be involved with any of my son's friends. It would be over mine and my husband's dead bodies. She is 12 for goodness sake. But in six or seven years when she is 18 or 19 I'm not going to tell her she can't date a 24year old when she is 18 because she would only have been 12 when he was an adult. You know, Ricky is dead. No one knows the relationship when she met him as a child. No one but Ricky and Emily know what talking on the phone incessantly meant or for that matter when it even began.

    My point was it was irrelavant when they met. Jeez, even Sleeping Beauty is an "infant" when Prince Philip is brought as a six or seven year old to "view" his birde. They were a couple when she was older thats all that matters. When they met is irrelevant. His ex is bitter and is walking all over his grave with that bitterness because he replaced her and even though she married someone else she can't get over the love the Hendrick's show for Emily.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.