Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    A 19-yr-old striking up an "easy friendship" (whatever that means) with a 12-yr-old girl, talking frequently on the phone between WVA and Charlotte IS creepy to me. As I said before, what do they have to talk about in all those phone calls? What do they have in common at those ages? Later in life not creepy, but when the girl is of middle school age and the guy is of college age, it's creepy. If I were the parent of a girl who was doing that ... well, she wouldn't be doing that, and I'd have a little talk with the guy and his parents.
    I just now read this, and had not considered the ages until right now. As a mother, I am wigged out by this.... If that were my daughter, I'd never allow that. Sick. And if he were my son, he'd have to answer to his mom pretty darned heavily -- wow, why didn't I do the math until I read this?

TY for putting what should have been plainly obvious out there!
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Here are some youtube videos with pics of Emily & Ricky. I don't know if this was posted before. I'm posting this because the pictures are better than the ones from the tribute page that have markers across them There are numerous of Ricky & Emily with friends, his mom, in Hawaii, etc. They are taken at different points in their lives because you can see Emily's different hair, length, and when she was a bit chubbier. You can see Ricky's hair length and weight change as well. I love it it's set to one of my favorite Aaliyah songs:

YouTube - Ricky and Emily!

This one is the part of the Hendricks Motorsports story narrated by Tom Cruise that speaks about Emily telling them about being pregnant with little Ricki. It starts at 1:17. You see pic of Ricky and Emily. Plus you see the family with little Ricki and Emily in 2008. Ricki was around 3 I think. Emily looks the same. She still wears all her bracelets on the left hand. I wonder if it's to cover up hher wrist tatoo? She never wears bracelets on the other hand. Little Ricki looks cute with her grandfather and cousins. The part where they found about Ricky's death is in part 9 of the story and his starting his race career and crash at the vegas track in part 8.:

YouTube - The Hendrick Motorsports Story - (Part 11).avi

I thought I'd post these for those who hadn't seen them in light of all the stories.

Wow, very powerful story.. Thanks for posting. For all of those that question or doubt Emily's relationship with Ricky or are bashing her because of minor details...or are believing this cr@p about Cori, I suggest they watch this.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Since Ricky was engaged to someone else untiil mid 2003, I think we can assume that the relationship wasnt a serious one on Ricky's part until around that time. Emily moved to Charlotte in 2004. Emily was born 2/86. She was 18 when she moved.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Since Ricky was engaged to someone else untiil mid 2003, I think we can assume that the relationship wasnt a serious oneon Ricky's part until around that time. Emily moved to Charlotte in 2004. Emily was born 2/86. She was 18 when she moved.
    I thnk that's debatable. In the article posted by Guardian Angel upthread, Ricky and Emily were described as a "longtime couple" by the time she moved, having seen other on weekends and talking on the phone during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Here are some youtube videos with pics of Emily & Ricky. I don't know if this was posted before. I'm posting this because the pictures are better than the ones from the tribute page that have markers across them There are numerous of Ricky & Emily with friends, his mom, in Hawaii, etc. They are taken at different points in their lives because you can see Emily's different hair, length, and when she was a bit chubbier. You can see Ricky's hair length and weight change as well. I love it it's set to one of my favorite Aaliyah songs:

YouTube - Ricky and Emily!

This one is the part of the Hendricks Motorsports story narrated by Tom Cruise that speaks about Emily telling them about being pregnant with little Ricki. It starts at 1:17. You see pic of Ricky and Emily. Plus you see the family with little Ricki and Emily in 2008. Ricki was around 3 I think. Emily looks the same. She still wears all her bracelets on the left hand. I wonder if it's to cover up hher wrist tatoo? She never wears bracelets on the other hand. Little Ricki looks cute with her grandfather and cousins. The part where they found about Ricky's death is in part 9 of the story and his starting his race career and crash at the vegas track in part 8.:

YouTube - The Hendrick Motorsports Story - (Part 11).avi

I thought I'd post these for those who hadn't seen them in light of all the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    Wow, very powerful story.. Thanks for posting. For all of those that question or doubt Emily's relationship with Ricky or are bashing her because of minor details...or are believing this cr@p about Cori, I suggest they watch this.
    Well, I did watch those videos and when you add them to what we've heard via other sources.. here's the story I come up with.

Emily met Ricky when she was quite young and probably set her sights on him. Ricky most likely thought of her as a kid sister, so much so that he even got engaged to another girl. Ricky and Emily hooked up at some point when she was around 17 turning 18 and dated until the time of his death. Was the pregnancy an "accident"? probably not as they seemed to be living together so I'm pretty sure a pregnancy at this stage wasn't planned, on Ricky's part anyway. I think the Hendrick's were thrilled that they were going to have a grandchild fathered by their beloved son and have done everything they could so that his name wouldn't be tarnished and that their beautiful little granddaughter will grow up feeling loved and wanted. When looking at that video I didn't see one pic of Emily wearing that engagement ring. I think at some point the family had a photoshopped picture of that ring done to "prove" to the world that they were engaged while their son was alive (anybody know when that photo showed up? 'cause the story seems to have gone around Nascar for many years that they were never engaged?)

Emily started dating early in 2006 (Ricki was probably 8 or 9 mths) Dale Jr, and has dated a " billion" guys in the last 5 yrs. She spends a lot of time at the track and dating Nascar related people and even did some tv work. She had/has? an agent and moved to Nashville for a boyfriend (don't know if they lived together or not) and to start a career but was unsuccessful. She doesn't seem to work and lives in a huge house owned by the Hendricks (wonder why they didn't gift it to her outright?)

I also find Emily's story about all the guys that she's dated having a hard time accepting that she has a child... goodness, that baby girl comes with a trust fund so it's not like she has to be supported or her college paid for. Maybe after awhile, Emily just isn't that likeable.. who knows... or maybe Emily just doesn't want a guy right now... her closed mouth kisses with Brad are what bugs me about the whole relationship thing... she just doesn't seem sincere

anyway, that's the read I have on Emily... right or wrong.. that's the story that I've perceived from what I've seen and read.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Since Ricky was engaged to someone else untiil mid 2003, I think we can assume that the relationship wasnt a serious one on Ricky's part until around that time. Emily moved to Charlotte in 2004. Emily was born 2/86. She was 18 when she moved.
    It is only my .02 but this does not make me feel any better. A 18-19 year old guy having a "friendship" (even if by phone 5 days a week) with a 12-14 year old girl screams creepy to me.

What bothers me even more is this: where the heck were both sets of parents? And why on earth did they not find this odd enough to put a stop to it?

Again, just my .02 but yeah -- its nasty imo. On every level.
    We like because... we love although...."

Well, all I know is that I'm starting to get a bit angry with myself for even caring. We all watch this show and then begin to think we actually 'know' these people. We don't know them, only what we've been shown and then come the tabloids.... I have to remind myself that what happens to any of these people will have zero impact on my life. I feel badly that they are all scrutinized to death, talked about, gossiped about and every one of them has been trashed but, they knew (or should have known) that this is what happens when you purposely put yourself out there on a reality show. I do really dislike the fact that people around them who did not choose to go on the show also come under the microscope and that is something that everyone should have taken into consideration before going on the show.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

It seems to me that there are a lot of people willing to re-write
    history in order for Emily to be the perfect image that they have
    portrayed on TB.

I find it very interesting that those on the board who are knowledgeable
    about Nascar, and Emily's past are also equally divided. Leads me to
    believe that the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

In all the videos we see that have pictures of Ricky and Emily, Emily is not 12. She looks to be 17 or 18. Okay, he was about 6 or 7 years older than her? It doesn't "appear" in any photos that they were a couple until she "grew" up. I would think he probably was flattered by her "crush" and didn't think much of it until after his engagement to Cori broke up. Emily is older at that point. Someone he knows, talks too, understands him.

Second, there are many relationships where the couple are separated by years. (Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher). There would have been a point in their lives that the one person was an adult and the other not. How gross to think Ashton Kutcher in diapers and Demi Moore and adult or at the very least a teenager......creepy......

I don't know if Emily has older siblings but speaking from experience, my 12 year old looks 15, I'm sure at 15 she may look older. That being said she is in the company of her brother's friends (he is 20). They all treat her as a "younger" sister at this point and I would kill them with my bare hands if they looked at her as a "girlfriend". It is creepy and shouldn't be encouraged. But what if in the future she is 18 and starts dating one of these men she met at 12. Just because she was a kid when they met means the relationship is taboo when she is 18? My goodness, my parents were 12 years apart. My Dad an adult for a very long time before my mother became one. Granted they didn't meet until she was 18 but still.

It is hard to say when the relationship jumped from friend to lover but I doubt it was at 12, 15, or even 16. At least on Ricky's part. Emily may have always had a "crush" which turned to love when Ricky finally saw her as a woman and not a girl.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

From my understanding Ricky & Emily met in 2002 - she would have been 15/16 Depending on the exact month, He would have been 21/22. They may have 'met' in passing(if that story is true about them meeting because their parents were building houses by each other) in 1999 but I don't think they really started talking then. Ricky is dead. He is gone. He loved Emily more than anything else in the world - so the age gap when they started dating is irrelevant IMO. He loved her - He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her & he did just that. Leaving her with a beautiful little girl so that she had a piece of him for the rest of her life. Were they engaged? I think so. But I also think that their relationship didn't get really serious until probably 2003. They spent an amazing Year - year & a half together & he died a happy man. She has his child, she spent his last few days with him not this Cori girl. So to me that says more than any garbage Cori can come up with from 2 years before he died. I'll stop now
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...