Page 44 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I took the whole scenario as... they met when she was around 14 but it was probably on Ricky's end just "hey our families know each other and see each other while on vacation all of the time" and for Emily it was the heaven's opening and fireworks. Emily watched her crush get engaged to someone else and was probably as heartbroken as a teenager could be. For whatever reason Ricky wanted to postpone/cancel the wedding. Emily, 18 and HOT is looking pretty good and legal (cough) to Ricky ... the are "in love" ... the parents are probably supportive because they were also probably friends and a couple months later they are "engaged" and vacationing together. Fast forward a couple months later and the plane crash happens and Emily finds out she is preggo.

That's the interpretation I have in my head and I am sticking to it because everything else makes my head hurt and in 2 weeks I won't even care.
    That's probably how it happened. And the bold? Me too!

Here are some youtube videos with pics of Emily & Ricky. I don't know if this was posted before. I'm posting this because the pictures are better than the ones from the tribute page that have markers across them There are numerous of Ricky & Emily with friends, his mom, in Hawaii, etc. They are taken at different points in their lives because you can see Emily's different hair, length, and when she was a bit chubbier. You can see Ricky's hair length and weight change as well. I love it it's set to one of my favorite Aaliyah songs:

YouTube - Ricky and Emily!

This one is the part of the Hendricks Motorsports story narrated by Tom Cruise that speaks about Emily telling them about being pregnant with little Ricki. It starts at 1:17. You see pic of Ricky and Emily. Plus you see the family with little Ricki and Emily in 2008. Ricki was around 3 I think. Emily looks the same. She still wears all her bracelets on the left hand. I wonder if it's to cover up hher wrist tatoo? She never wears bracelets on the other hand. Little Ricki looks cute with her grandfather and cousins. The part where they found about Ricky's death is in part 9 of the story and his starting his race career and crash at the vegas track in part 8.:

YouTube - The Hendrick Motorsports Story - (Part 11).avi

I thought I'd post these for those who hadn't seen them in light of all the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Here are some youtube videos with pics of Emily & Ricky. I don't know if this was posted before. I'm posting this because the pictures are better than the ones from the tribute page that have markers across them There are numerous of Ricky & Emily with friends, his mom, in Hawaii, etc. They are taken at different points in their lives because you can see Emily's different hair, length, and when she was a bit chubbier. You can see Ricky's hair length and weight change as well. I love it it's set to one of my favorite Aaliyah songs:

YouTube - Ricky and Emily!

This one is the part of the Hendricks Motorsports story narrated by Tom Cruise that speaks about Emily telling them about being pregnant with little Ricki. It starts at 1:17. You see pic of Ricky and Emily. Plus you see the family with little Ricki and Emily in 2008. Ricki was around 3 I think. Emily looks the same. She still wears all her bracelets on the left hand. I wonder if it's to cover up hher wrist tatoo? She never wears bracelets on the other hand. Little Ricki looks cute with her grandfather and cousins. The part where they found about Ricky's death is in part 9 of the story and his starting his race career and crash at the vegas track in part 8.:

YouTube - The Hendrick Motorsports Story - (Part 11).avi

I thought I'd post these for those who hadn't seen them in light of all the stories.

THANK YOU!!!!! A picture is worth a thousand words and there are many to tell Ricky and Emily's story.Every picture tells a story, don't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jesme View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!! A picture is worth a thousand words and there are many to tell Ricky and Emily's story.Every picture tells a story, don't it?
    It does. Emily was clearly woven within the fabric of Ricky's life, his friends, family, etc. I think people wanna take tabloid rumors, word-of-mouth rumors, nascar rumors from jealous people who don't actually know the individuals involved or are jealous of them as fact. Not all women are groupies and goldiggers. Emily's family has money and she has support of Ricky's family that has money. Emily was not some groupie that just popped up at the last minute pregnant after Ricky's death. She was heavily involved in his life long before he died. Involved in his life at nascar, with his family, and his friends. The pictures prove and demonstrate this. The interaction with his family shows this. Nascar fans can be catty and nasty over the wives and girlfriends of the drivers. So, rumors get started and perpetuate for years even when not true and it's like telephone. It gets more embellished and twisted and other people believe it without questioning it especially if it's about someone beautiful who seems to have everything. Ricky and Emily had a real life, a relationship and a beautiful child.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    It does. Emily was clearly woven within the fabric of Ricky's life, his friends, family, etc. I think people wanna take tabloid rumors, word-of-mouth rumors, nascar rumors from jealous people who don't actually know the individuals involved or are jealous of them as fact. Not all women are groupies and goldiggers. Emily's family has money and she has support of Ricky's family that has money. Emily was not some groupie that just popped up at the last minute pregnant after Ricky's death. She was heavily involved in his life long before he died. Involved in his life at nascar, with his family, and his friends. The pictures prove and demonstrate this. The interaction with his family shows this. Nascar fans can be catty and nasty over the wives and girlfriends of the drivers. So, rumors get started and perpetuate for years even when not true and it's like telephone. It gets more embellished and twisted and other people believe it without questioning it especially if it's about someone beautiful who seems to have everything. Ricky and Emily had a real life, a relationship and a beautiful child.

nikkij_26 Thank you for the Rick Hendrick Tribute video and also for being the voice of reason! Jealousy can motiviate even the nicest people if they let the evil force envelope them. It is best to base opinons on facts and not tabloid rumors. There are personal friends of Emily and NASCAR fans that know the real truth. The Hendrick family has embraced Emily and her beautiful child as their own and that can never be in dispute.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 03-06-2011 at 07:41 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I took the whole scenario as... they met when she was around 14 but it was probably on Ricky's end just "hey our families know each other and see each other while on vacation all of the time" and for Emily it was the heaven's opening and fireworks. Emily watched her crush get engaged to someone else and was probably as heartbroken as a teenager could be. For whatever reason Ricky wanted to postpone/cancel the wedding. Emily, 18 and HOT is looking pretty good and legal (cough) to Ricky ... the are "in love" ... the parents are probably supportive because they were also probably friends and a couple months later they are "engaged" and vacationing together. Fast forward a couple months later and the plane crash happens and Emily finds out she is preggo.

That's the interpretation I have in my head and I am sticking to it because everything else makes my head hurt and in 2 weeks I won't even care.
    Me, too. Which would explain why Cori was not aware of an Emily in his life (at that time) -- my presumption is that the early years were spent seeing each other on vacation only, with Emily crushing hard on Ricky up until the age of late 17 or early 18.
    We like because... we love although...."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Me, too. Which would explain why Cori was not aware of an Emily in his life (at that time) -- my presumption is that the early years were spent seeing each other on vacation only, with Emily crushing hard on Ricky up until the age of late 17 or early 18.
    that would make sense.

As it makes sense that ricky dated other girls until then including cori who (we will never know the story right, only assomption) maybe believed that it really was more serious than it was or maybe at that time ricky thought it was nore serious.

I am a romantic so I will go with the story that ricky was a gentleman, waited until she was legal to have an intimate relationship and proposed by love. I saw the pictures of both of them and they looked indeed very much in love

Again, we do not know at all those people but it is okay to be passionate and defend them based on a short reality TV time and few gossips magazines !

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Here's an article dated May 2006.

Emily Maynard is the widowed fiancée of the late NASCAR driver and owner Ricky Hendrick.

Ricky and Emily met in 1999 while they both vacationed in Key West, Fla. As it turned out, their families were building houses next to each other's and they became easy best friends. Soon, they began seeing each other frequently on weekends and speaking incessantly on the phone during the week, while Emily lived full time in Florida and Ricky in North Carolina.

In May of 2004, Emily permanently relocated from Palm Beach to Charlotte and the longtime couple got engaged.
    Less than six months later, before they were married, Ricky was tragically killed in a plane crash en route to Martinsville Speedway along with nine other members of the Hendrick Motorsports and NASCAR families.

On October 29, 2004, just five days following the crash, Emily learned she was pregnant with her betrothed's child. She gave birth to their daughter, Josephine Riddick "Ricki" Hendrick, eight months later on June 29. Emily says, "She is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me."

Earlier this year, Emily, who hadn't dated since Ricky's death, stepped onto the dating scene for the first time with none other than NASCAR's most eligible bachelor, Dale Earnhardt Jr. They had already been acquainted for a couple of years, having met throught Ricky. Although the two were never officially a couple, they dated casually for several weeks and remain friends. This post was updated on May 9, 2006.

Notice the date is May 2006 and they indicate that Emily who hadn't dated since Ricky's death which was in 2004

Answer this...: Ricky Hendrick's Girlfriend

I mentioned this in another thread but, it occurred to me that Emily was well equipped to deal with the seclusion the Bachelor couples have to go through after the show is filmed because she kind of went through the same thing in her relationship with Ricky. They had a long distance relationship, seeing each other on weekends. Then, spending huge amounts of time on the phone to stay close during the week, 'til she moved to NC. That was a clue in itself when Brad say that he would talk on the phone 20 times a day to his F1, lol. He probably was talking to Ricki too. I remember Trista saying how Melissa would call and talk just to Jason's son Tyduring the seclusion period to uild a relationship with him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    wait a minute...... he was 19 and she was 12??????? are you sure?????????

sorry missed lot of post here!

WOW!! so long for the angel mother theresa persona uh?
    I'm just going by the dates that were given here ... that they met in 1999 when their families were building homes next door to each other. Emily is 24 now (had Ricki when she was 19, Ricki is 5 now), so in 1999 she was 12. Ricky was either 18 or 19. The story given here by someone who supposedly knows was that they talked a lot, formed an "easy friendship," and then continued to talk incessantly on the phone when Emily went back to WVA with her parents. One of my points was what does a young man his age have to talk about with a junior high school-age little girl? He should just have patted a girl her age on the head and sent her on her way. I'm sure she was very pretty ... but she was 12! And yes, even 15 or 16 is too young to be dating a man his age. As to what were her parents thinking, maybe the answer was, "Great! He's a Hendrick."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I'm just going by the dates that were given here ... that they met in 1999 when their families were building homes next door to each other. Emily is 24 now (had Ricki when she was 19, Ricki is 5 now), so in 1999 she was 12. Ricky was either 18 or 19. The story given here by someone who supposedly knows was that they talked a lot, formed an "easy friendship," and then continued to talk incessantly on the phone when Emily went back to WVA with her parents. One of my points was what does a young man his age have to talk about with a junior high school-age little girl? He should just have patted a girl her age on the head and sent her on her way. I'm sure she was very pretty ... but she was 12! And yes, even 15 or 16 is too young to be dating a man his age. As to what were her parents thinking, maybe the answer was, "Great! He's a Hendrick."
    I didn't want to say anything on the board but I found their relationship time line to be more creepy than romantic even after they were all legally adults in this thing. I know this works for some people and good for them but for me in my life I find it creepy and gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I didn't want to say anything on the board but I found their relationship time line to be more creepy than romantic even after they were all legally adults in this thing. I know this works for some people and good for them but for me in my life I find it creepy and gross.

ETA: It reminds me of all those young and slightly older adults that used to hang around with us high school kids at parties and what not and date the girls.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:03 PM.