Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    How long did she say she had known him? How long does it take to become best buds? Their parents were building a vacation home next door to each other. I don't think they spent day in and day out with one another. In fact, I think they went back home to WVA or Charlotte esp in the beginning! They were just hanging out. I'm sure years later hanging out became more than that esp if they are attracted to one another. Now, let's make something dirty out of it with Cori's help. Good old Cori whose husband is so embarrassed by her actions he takes the time to apologize for EVERYONE to see on the ABC board. He wanted no part of her story telling to the media or the type of person she is these days.... esp after watching the TB that didn't highlight her. Give me a break... the girl needs to GET OVER IT!
    Just so you know, I wasn't doing this (see bold)...I was just thinking the 1999 date was wrong...especially since I thought I read they met in 2002 or when she was 15....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl View Post
    Thank you for answering my question! It sounds like Emily & Ricky struck up an "easy friendship" talking on the phone and seeing each other along with their families. I remember seeing pictures of Ricky, his mom and Emily on a family trip to Hawaii shortly before he died. Nothing creepy to me about a friendship blossoming into love.
    A 19-yr-old striking up an "easy friendship" (whatever that means) with a 12-yr-old girl, talking frequently on the phone between WVA and Charlotte IS creepy to me. As I said before, what do they have to talk about in all those phone calls? What do they have in common at those ages? Later in life not creepy, but when the girl is of middle school age and the guy is of college age, it's creepy. If I were the parent of a girl who was doing that ... well, she wouldn't be doing that, and I'd have a little talk with the guy and his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    A 19-yr-old striking up an "easy friendship" (whatever that means) with a 12-yr-old girl, talking frequently on the phone between WVA and Charlotte IS creepy to me. As I said before, what do they have to talk about in all those phone calls? What do they have in common at those ages? Later in life not creepy, but when the girl is of middle school age and the guy is of college age, it's creepy. If I were the parent of a girl who was doing that ... well, she wouldn't be doing that, and I'd have a little talk with the guy and his parents.
    Well, it could very well have started off as a 'big brother/little sister' friendship that developed as she did.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Yep, you're right, imo, it is creepy.
    Sorry, I've raised 2 daughters. No way would this be encouraged in my household back when they were that age.
    And if I were the guy's parents--same deal. Not cool.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    Sorry, I've raised 2 daughters. No way would this be encouraged in my household back when they were that age.
    Not cool at all, for the very reason of what is likely to result and did ... a teenaged pregnancy. The only reason it worked out as well as it did was because of rich families willing and able to give the girl and her child a beautiful home and generous financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    Boys in this house , and believe me, as soon as the girls started calling they were grilled about how old are the girls and getting the lectures about leaving the girls who were too much younger than them alone!

FORT Fogey

wait a minute...... he was 19 and she was 12??????? are you sure?????????

sorry missed lot of post here!

WOW!! so long for the angel mother theresa persona uh?

Was that their ages when they met? When did they start dating?

Even if she were 15 or 16 when the started dating, it is still pretty young, IMO, and I wonder why her parents didn't have serious reservations about her dating a guy that much older than her, family friends or not.

I took the whole scenario as... they met when she was around 14 but it was probably on Ricky's end just "hey our families know each other and see each other while on vacation all of the time" and for Emily it was the heaven's opening and fireworks. Emily watched her crush get engaged to someone else and was probably as heartbroken as a teenager could be. For whatever reason Ricky wanted to postpone/cancel the wedding. Emily, 18 and HOT is looking pretty good and legal (cough) to Ricky ... the are "in love" ... the parents are probably supportive because they were also probably friends and a couple months later they are "engaged" and vacationing together. Fast forward a couple months later and the plane crash happens and Emily finds out she is preggo.

That's the interpretation I have in my head and I am sticking to it because everything else makes my head hurt and in 2 weeks I won't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I took the whole scenario as... they met when she was around 14 but it was probably on Ricky's end just "hey our families know each other and see each other while on vacation all of the time" and for Emily it was the heaven's opening and fireworks. Emily watched her crush get engaged to someone else and was probably as heartbroken as a teenager could be. For whatever reason Ricky wanted to postpone/cancel the wedding. Emily, 18 and HOT is looking pretty good and legal (cough) to Ricky ... the are "in love" ... the parents are probably supportive because they were also probably friends and a couple months later they are "engaged" and vacationing together. Fast forward a couple months later and the plane crash happens and Emily finds out she is preggo.

That's the interpretation I have in my head and I am sticking to it because everything else makes my head hurt and in 2 weeks I won't even care.
    This is what I am sticking with as well...sounds plausible to me.