Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    That's what the adoring masses said about Tiger Woods' story when it first broke. I can't completely buy or dismiss Cori's story just yet. Just looking for the nuggets of truth strewn about.
    All of these tabloid stories are very vividly reminding me of Jillian and Ed. That season it was Lindsey and Bethany. This season we have Cori and Roo with a bonus visit from Ricky and Ricki and the mighty hand of the Hendrick empire. I'm so done.

Maryhse, beautifully said! ITA with each and every word.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    There is a much earlier discussion about cori somewhere around here. If my recolection is correct, Cori broke the engagement to Ricky in mid 2003.

The article was vile. No matter the circumstances, it was all in the past. That someone would be clinging to an engagement that she broke over 8 years ago is just sick. That her friends are doing it for her is even more bizzare.

Really it makes no sense to go on one of these shows, it is much more lucrative to sell your garbage to the rag mags. The take is way better than having to go through all the hassle of being on the show and all you have to do is trash someone for cash.

If Chantal had remained the leading F1 prospect, I believe we would have seen instead of Emily being trashed, we would have seen all about Chantal's divorce and affair story with embellishments and musical accompaniment.

I am beginning to believe that NEXT has some control over the release of this stuff. I am not a conspiracy theory person like some, but too many things have happened this season that makes me wonder who is pulling the strings and for what reasons. There are some really disgusting people out there and this show seems to bring them to the surface.
    I've also noticed that the timing on all of these tabloid stories is so nicely spread out. None of it is bunched together (all in one week); one predictably appears every week or two. Why is that?

FORT Fanatic

There is a much earlier discussion about cori somewhere around here. If my recolection is correct, Cori broke the engagement to Ricky in mid 2003.

The article was vile. No matter the circumstances, it was all in the past. That someone would be clinging to an engagement that she broke over 8 years ago is just sick. That her friends are doing it for her is even more bizzare.

Really it makes no sense to go on one of these shows, it is much more lucrative to sell your garbage to the rag mags. The take is way better than having to go through all the hassle of being on the show and all you have to do is trash someone for cash.

If Chantal had remained the leading F1 prospect, I believe we would have seen instead of Emily being trashed, we would have seen all about Chantal's divorce and affair story with embellishments and musical accompaniment.

I am beginning to believe that NEXT has some control over the release of this stuff. I am not a conspiracy theory person like some, but too many things have happened this season that makes me wonder who is pulling the strings and for what reasons. There are some really disgusting people out there and this show seems to bring them to the surface.
    I completely agree with this. I'd like to add to this as well, that a lot of people are hungry for cash right about now. My firm belief is that people that gave the 'scoop' on these contestants are probably people that knew of them way back when and were never really close to the person to begin with.

There is a big difference between a "Friend" and a person that "Knew Of Them," the contestant they are selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    I've also noticed that the timing on all of these tabloid stories is so nicely spread out. None of it is bunched together (all in one week); one predictably appears every week or two. Why is that?
    To create BUZZ.... cause chaos and confusion...throw everyone off the real story....focus on the dirt/gossip because MF loves a trainwreck.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nookmadazy View Post
    Well, I can certainly see why she hate Em so much, I'd say that was a definite upgrade for Ricky!

You do realize the woman is about 8 or more years older in this photo than when she was with the Nascar dude. I'm a guy and I don't think she looks bad at all....

FORT Newbie

Isn't this the "engagement ring that Emily was "given" after Rickys death to cover up according to the In Touch article? Hmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    All I know is that if by some random, unbelievable turn, it's actually Chantal F1, Brad will need to go ahead and enter the witness protection program and change his face. He'll need to just leave in the country and maybe all human-colonized parts of the earth.

lol, reading your post at work I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    Okay - I totally believe he picks Emily and have from the start. But 2 weird things jumped out to me:

1. He is especially worried about "her" reaction to the Fantasy dates. Would Emily be that upset about his date with Chantal? Not from what they showed us.

2. And he did say he can't wait until they move in together. I thought Emily might take it a little slower.

Hmmmm... More blah, blah, blah, blah to confuse!
    I agree.

#1 I had orginally thought Brad's comments about every Monday being hard for his F1 & still having feelings of insecurity was about Chantal....but if it's Emily... I can see how she could get upset after seeing how he wasn't so reserved physically & spoken comments with/about the other girls compared to her.

2. The thing that gives me pause is the fact that she said on the FD that she was a Mom & wanted to set a good example for Ricki? Moving in is a whole lot bigger moment than the FD to me...

Totally agree Jelle. What still bothers me is twofold -
    Why did the Hendricks not pressure Emily to stay off this show knowing the potential tabloid frenzy that could erupt?
    Why didn't the Hendricks lean on Cori via her husband, who appears to be very involved in NASCAR, to stay out of the tabloids with her story

Given the Hendrick's access to legal resources I'd guess that if one tiny bit of info in any of these stories is lawsuit worthy, there just might be one(althought this may not be the way they deal with things) .

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion View Post
    Did the In touch article have any photos of Cori? I found a photo of her and her husband in a newspaper from April, 2009 announcing their marriage. Does anyone want me to post it?
    Yes they posted a picture of Cori & Ricky.