Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1095

Thread: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Totally agree, she is 24 come on

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    yup I noticed that too..

Not that it matters but I do believe they were engaged but just hadn't set a date yet..
    I think they were engaged as well. In this 2005 Nascar news article, Ricky's father says:

Hendrick said Ricky and Emily had known each other for years, had been engaged for about six months and planned to be married in December 2004.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion View Post
    I think they were engaged as well. In this 2005 Nascar news article, Ricky's father says:
    yup. I remember reading that article also.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    IKR he was already 100% commited to her when he put the ring on her finger. So why would she need to "trick" him and get pregnant just to hold on to him.......... Not buying it. Nor do I think Em is the kind of girl that would intentionally get pregnant just to keep a guy jmo
    Just because there is a ring doesn't mean he's 100% committed. Many guys cheat while they are engaged or realize they made a mistake. I don't know if that happened in this situation. I want to think it's not the case, but I did want to point out that just because she had a ring that doesn't necessarily equate to everything being peachy.

ETA: I adore Emily and also don't think she got pregnant on purpose. I just wanted to point out that a ring doesn't always mean something.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 03-10-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpSunshine View Post
    No, I really don't. First post here after lurking for many months and my apologies for it being negative but I just don't.

Brad is completely enamored with her and infatuated with her. I have never watched this show before but I am not a huge fan of Brad as he seems really dull and seems to take himself way too seriously, but I do think that he means well. If he would just lighten up, he might find some who is right for him and she's likely right there in Texas.

As for Emily, everything about is her is just plain fake.....from her demeanor to her huge veneers, to the way she even talks to Brad! She was lovely in the photos from just a few years ago, some with Ricky, and for some reason she is now nothing but plastic and fake. From the very fist moment that I saw her, that was my thought.

I may be in the minority, but there is no question in my mind that that young woman had an agenda on going on this show.....and it wasn't finding true love or a husband!

Again, so sorry for the first post being so negative but I just feel that Emily has an agenda and that there is very little that is "real" about her.
    NO need to apologize in my book. Hyperventilating Fan-ism at this time of the Bachelor Lifecycle gets so dull -- saccharin-laced observations about the Happy Couple/Lucky Bride, over the top boosterism of the "heartbroken" rejectee, incredibly personal attacks, stalking and posting personal photos, including of non-contestants. Sometimes I think I would pay $1 per post that did not fall neatly into either one of those buckets. But then I just realize it's time for a nap or a jog.

At this point, The Royal We are hoping for the best (lifelong love), and We don't doubt Brad fell for Emily in an old-fashioned "smitten" sort of fashion, but We too see scads of risk factors and red flags.

Finding a spouse on the bachelor is the HARD way, not the EASY way. There's a reason they made it into a video game.

1. Get lucky that one of the pre-cast F6 is someone lead would date in real life
    2. Make way through producer hijinks (back stabbing, hyping, misdirection)
    3. Sort out the crazies (people who seem like a fit 1:1, but in real life are someone else or nuts or whatever)
    4. Pick right one!
    5. Endure 12-week Bizarro World 2.0 -- occasional meetings in safehouse, weekly airings of stuff Lead/F1 didn't know happened or which misrepresents what did happen, tabloids, interviews, secrecy (a secret is a very stressful burden)
    6. START and sustain real world relationship -- transform crush/attraction into lasting love. Good luck. Most compatible couples (who didn't have the baggage of 1-5) fail to make it to the altar.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    NO need to apologize in my book. Hyperventilating Fan-ism at this time of the Bachelor Lifecycle gets so dull -- saccharin-laced observations about the Happy Couple/Lucky Bride, over the top boosterism of the "heartbroken" rejectee, incredibly personal attacks, stalking and posting personal photos, including of non-contestants. Sometimes I think I would pay $1 per post that did not fall neatly into either one of those buckets. But then I just realize it's time for a nap or a jog.

At this point, The Royal We are hoping for the best (lifelong love), and We don't doubt Brad fell for Emily in an old-fashioned "smitten" sort of fashion, but We too see scads of risk factors and red flags.

Finding a spouse on the bachelor is the HARD way, not the EASY way. There's a reason they made it into a video game.

1. Get lucky that one of the pre-cast F6 is someone lead would date in real life
    3. Sort out the crazies (people who seem like a fit 1:1, but in real life are someone else or nuts or whatever)
    4. Pick right one!
    5. Endure 12-week Bizarro World 2.0 -- occasional meetings in safehouse, weekly airings of stuff Lead/F1 didn't know happened or which misrepresents what did happen, tabloids, interviews, secrecy (a secret is a very stressful burden)
    6. START and sustain real world relationship -- transform crush/attraction into lasting love. Good luck. Most compatible couples (who didn't have the baggage of 1-5) fail to make it to the altar.
    We feel the same.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

4. Pick right one!

Great post! totally agree. Meeting someone on TB definitely is the abnormal route. Wait... there's a video game? Maybe that's something to do during the off season while we wait for the next TB victims.

Vanity. A vice. I admit it. But once I say something once, I never forget it, so I dug this up. To be fair, Emily doesn't deserve the piling on either.

Originally Posted by jlccaz
    The FORT Board mood-o-meter actually represents another kind of AMAZING JOURNEY. Sort of salmon swimming upstream season after season, birds and butterflies migrating, cicadas hatching. That sort of thing

FORT BOARD at End of season = garment-tearing, teeth-nashing about stupidity of programming, evilness of producers, lack of basic moral character or desirability in the bachelor, negative comments about girls (let's get real: this board is often NASTY toward the girls once FAVORITES emerge -- with bickering about Deanna continuing to ... today), vows to NEVER WATCH AGAIN.

FORT BOARD prior to season premiere = everything is suddently NEW again. Ecstatic views of beauty of girls, how "fun" they are, the charm and handsomeness of the bachelor, the excitement of fantasy and other date destinations (Americana? OOOOOOOOH).

Now THAT's AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpSunshine View Post
    No, I really don't. First post here after lurking for many months and my apologies for it being negative but I just don't.

Brad is completely enamored with her and infatuated with her. I have never watched this show before but I am not a huge fan of Brad as he seems really dull and seems to take himself way too seriously, but I do think that he means well. If he would just lighten up, he might find some who is right for him and she's likely right there in Texas.

As for Emily, everything about is her is just plain fake.....from her demeanor to her huge veneers, to the way she even talks to Brad! She was lovely in the photos from just a few years ago, some with Ricky, and for some reason she is now nothing but plastic and fake. From the very fist moment that I saw her, that was my thought.

I may be in the minority, but there is no question in my mind that that young woman had an agenda on going on this show.....and it wasn't finding true love or a husband!

Again, so sorry for the first post being so negative but I just feel that Emily has an agenda and that there is very little that is "real" about her.
    I don't agree with you but you are certainly allowed your opinion. I see the connection. We are only seeing snipettes of the show. In the 2 hours we are seeing several days worth of shooting. SO much lands on the cutting room floor. Got to You Tube and search on Brad Womack and Emily Maynard and then look for the video you said it best.

Only time will tell about their relationship. There never is any guarantees on any relationship whether on the show or not. Only they are in control of their relationships destiny. They also know what their heart is feeling. If it lasts I am so glad. There needs to be more of this in the world. People are so quick to put down someone for almost no reason instead of embracing the moment.

FORT Fanatic

Vanity. A vice. I admit it. But once I say something once, I never forget it, so I dug this up. To be fair, Emily doesn't deserve the piling on either.
    Ha!!! Love it! Well... this season is almost over. We'll start anew with Ashley's season and everything will be right with the world again for about one minute.