Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Whose "spoilers" do you believe?

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Whose "spoilers" do you believe?

[QUOTE=acr731;4219060]
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef View Post
    I find some people on FORT very believable, particularly those that have been here since I got on during Meredith's season.. They know who they are are (Jell, Butterfly, Bloomers, Anders, Ariel, blondie, jl, cupcakes...etc) Anyone who has only been watching a season or two... not so believable. I will say I believed Twilley when he contacted me privately, too. I wish there was more sluething and less spoilers...Sluething was the BEST part of watching the show. With all the spoilers, it kind of takes the fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by acr731 View Post
    Isn't that exactly why people here hate RS so much and want to see him burn?
    I don't hate RS, I miss his snarkiness and wish he didn't spoil everything, but you're probably right.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Would anyone be willing to pm BabyfaceC and get his take on all this He doesn't have to spoil anything, just add some more information.

Please take the time to review the rules stickied at the top of this forum.

***Rules - Please Read***

This thread will reopen shortly. Please take the time to read the thread. Too many people are earning infractions, so we have closed the thread to try to ensure everyone reads the rules and knows that we enforce them.

As always, if you see a post that you think breaks the rules, report it - don't respond to it.

FORT Newbie

I believe this site, blondie girl (or gal?) I like NEVER post - but she seems to be correct in sleuthing. I do not like RS. At all.

Blondie isn't digging up the info on her own, she has a source close to the show that fed her information. It kinda just fell in her lap. If you wanna give her credit for that then have at it.
    That's how many spoilers happen--they fall into your lap. Nothing wrong with that, a spoiler is a spoiler. When it's right it doesn't matter how you got it or from whom. When it's wrong--duck and cover and have the grace to say you made a major goof.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

[QUOTE=simplechef;4219074]

I don't hate RS, I miss his snarkiness and wish he didn't spoil everything, but you're probably right.
    A few years ago when I first came here, there weren't many spoilers out there, and sleuthing was fun! We analyzed every shadow, haircut, outfit...of course I could still do that and just ignore the spoilers section, but to me that's like trying to look past the elephant in the room
    We still miss you SDL Cheers!

FORT Fogey

Isn't that exactly why people here hate RS so much and want to see him burn?

Hello, acr731. It appears that you signed up to answer my post, so I will answer your post. I have said several times that I give Reality Steve kudos for what he does and does well.

I study and analyze the edit - call it sleuthing the edit. It helps me greatly to have the F4 in place. In times past, our sleuthers have had to do that before I could really jump in and start doing my thing well, if you will. In the last couple of seasons, RS has had that done, and this time before the season even started.
    To add to that, he had all of those wonderful episode details.

Again, I have tried to carefully give him props and kudos for the things he has done well with the spoilers. I have also pointed out where he has failed with the endings.
    Have I been hateful? I don't think so. I can be tongue-in-cheek and snarky -like we enjoy - but hateful is not my personal style.

Now, this thread was started by a mod during a bit of a stressful time, and I don't think it was meant to be taken "as the gospel." It was, I believe a bit of a diversionary tactic, perhaps - light and fun and a chance to express ourselves on topic.

Blondie is what we call one of our old-time super-sleuthers. Like the rest of us sleuthers, she is subject to getting it wrong sometimes, but she has gotten it right many, many times. In fact, over time on this particular board, she has been my editing mentor.
    It is true that last season, she got the final confirmation and scoop on F1 Roberto before RS announced it. BTW, she and I had been working on gathering material of an F1 Roberto for at least 3 weeks before she got that scoop.

This season, she got another scoop. I trusted her, but like other sleuthers, I got busy with my materials and started working, and lo and behold, as I began to look at my materials and what the screencaps on the SCs Only Thread for last night showed, a light bulb went off, things fell into place, and I too could see how Blondie's spoiler was right.

Blondie is NOT the gospel, and I think she would be offended to be referenced in such a way, but she is a fantastic sleuther. I do pay attention when she gets a scoop, and I do most definitely start checking it out.

Now, please join us in posting!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I believe BlondieGal Last nights show sealed it for me. But as stated before I believe in sluething and SCs mostly.

I believe RS on most things up until the finale
    Last edited by Tiggerlgh; 03-01-2011 at 06:31 PM.

I believe in my own. My gut tells me every season but every season I doubt myself because so much stuff comes out from important sources and people much higher up and smarter than I.

However, if I simply look at what is presented to me, listen to my intuition and when certain screencaps that I see in the previews make me go 'hmmm...why would they put THAT in there...', I can usually nail it down. I believe all of us or at least most of us here have been doing this for years. Before RS and others came around, we always had it nailed down to at least two good ideas. And I mean ALL of us. So, I think most everyone here has that same knack of intuition and gut instinct that tells the story.

But the bumpy ride does get bumpy!
    Last edited by Jammie; 03-01-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

FORT Newbie

I have been a member since 2009, and as you can see by my #of posts I tend to lurk only. That being said, I have read this board for years and love the sleauthing. I believe Blondie 100%. Blondie has by an large been absent from the forum until she had a relevant spoiler. Blondie's source was prooved to be good last season! Back to lurker land for me You guys are the greatest!