Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Whose "spoilers" do you believe?

Re: Whose "spoilers" do you believe?

Thanks Bloomers

I believe RS has good sources and info for the most part but I also believe he has been fed a bunch of hooey from TPTB and he must weed through the fact and fiction.

I believe our posters here at FORT that bring spoilers to the board. Some people have some really good tips that they share.

I have a source that has given me some good info the past 2 seasons. I am very reluctant to post the info here because I do not have a proven track record. I do not pick a favorite anymore and when you post anything that goes against the majority of the board people do not want to hear it!
    My source tells me what I can and can not share here so I am limited to what I can say.

I think anyone that brings forth info to the boards should be treated kindly. Unless you were standing at the FRC and saw what happened with you own eyes then everything is 2nd or 3rd party info at best. It's like the game telephone....I like to see how much the info has changed as it moves down the line.

FORT Fogey

Sometimes, what helps us as much as spoilers is the valuable info we get. Kash sometimes seems to "know" where the production people have been and where, and jlccaz knows a lot about how the production works, especially as it pertains to a particular situation, which helps us sleuth out the answer. It then becomes the equivalent to a spoiler, imo.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I believe spoilers that I can find plausible evidence for in body language. That's the only un-editable aspect of this show. Given, it's not enough to sleuth out intentions/pasts/futures - I take all that kind of information with a grain of salt. These are people with their own personal lives and histories and my only interaction with them is through a very edited story told on a tv screen so I guess it's their prerogative whatever they do before or post shows.
    Team Alibeartito

Who the poster last season that said that RS was being fed false info by tptb and even fed him the Jason/Molly/Melissa stuff. Was that lithargic? I feel like it was another poster who has since disappeared. I don't think it was Melinda either...

stayathomemom
    Team Alibeartito

For all of the conspiracy theorists out there (including myself) Here is one of lithargic's posts from last season regarding RS and why I am still holding out on this years F1.

Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I know how RS gets his information and it goes back to the days of Jason Mesnik. How I know is not important right now. Perhaps some day I can reveal it but not now.

If you remember there was a screen cap that showed the FRC for Jason and some clever guy figured out that it was Melissa who got the final rose. He posted a video on You Tube and the tabloids picked it up and soon everybody knew the ending.

Mike Fleiss at first was furious at his staff for letting this happen but then the ratings for TB went up. The publicity turned out to be a very good thing.

Later when Jason told the producers that we was breaking up with Melissa to date Molly a decision was made to leak it to the tabloids because we knew it would generate a lot of great publicity. But a decision was made instead to leak it to a blogger.
    Reality Steve was (and of course still is) a blogger who focussed a lot on TB. At the time he had a very small but loyal following. Even though he often butchers the English language with 3rd grade grammar he is also very witty and clever and he has a talent for shameless self promotion. It was decided that RS was a good fit for the Jason/ Melissa/Molly leak because it would most certainly get to all of the tabloids through him.

RS was given a call by an "insider" from TB who gave him the scoop. He was also given the name of another "insider" who would verify the story.

Instead of running with this bombshell RS fooled everybody by turning it into a riddle. He gave ridiculous clues that nobody understood which served his own purposes but did not reveal the story. So a call was made to RS by an insider and he was told that if he revealed the story right away he would get more inside info in the future. That gave RS the incentive he needed and he reveled the Jason/Molly/Melissa story that day.

Of course ratings for TB soared after that leak hit the tabloids.

Ever since then RS has been Fliess' go to guy to get more publicity for the show, and it has worked like a charm. It has also made RS a lot of money, which apparently he has been bragging about.

Now RS has a stable of former TB cast members who have created a network that loves to give information to RS. But he still has his two "insiders" to verify what he hears.

If RS reads this he will deny it (of course) because he has no idea that he is being used by Fliess. But isn't it ironic that RS constantly berates Fleiss for the way he uses the people on the shows when in "reality" he is being used more than anyone!

Stay tuned for more insight into this year's "leaks" and the truth about the FRC.

Thanks emusha! You are right... I went back to Ali's season and read her posts. Intriguing.
    Last edited by Noobslueth; 02-14-2011 at 01:28 PM.

That makes huge sense, noobslueth. Thanks for resurrecting lithargic's post.

Lithargic, will you accept this rose? (Thanks for sharing your info with us!)

maybe I've missed it - but have any FORT posters said it's not Chantal
    There are quite a few who aren't convinced that Chantal is the F1, simply because it hasn't been sleuthed out yet. Those of us that prefer to sleuth, gather information from as many sources as possible, to determine the outcome, whether it be from insiders, media, general public, twitter etc. I guess the spoilers that I trust is the information gathered by sleuthers.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4192508;
    There are quite a few who aren't convinced that Chantal is the F1, simply because it hasn't been sleuthed out yet. Those of us that prefer to sleuth, gather information from as many sources as possible, to determine the outcome, whether it be from insiders, media, general public, twitter etc. I guess the spoilers that I trust is the information gathered by sleuthers.
    I get that – I was wondering if anyone had a source that was saying someone other than Chantal is F1.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4192515;
    I get that – I was wondering if anyone had a source that was saying someone other than Chantal is F1.
    Nope. Lithargic is the only one who might have something to say to the contrary. We'll see.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches