Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3575767778798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl View Post
    I don't wanting a career is a deal breaker, but getting into dental school is tough and attending is all consuming. It takes a lot of focus and doesn't offer time to do a couple of television shows. If she is that dedicated to pursuing that kind of career, what's she doing on the bachelor?

I bet there is more to this story.
    Paying off her massive student loans!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    That would be my guess as well. It's the only thing that makes sense, considering she is so career driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinn_123 View Post
    My whole problem with Ashley being the Bachelorette is her insecureness. If she was THAT insecure on the Bachelor can you imagine her on the 'Ette?
    Just my two cents....
    I always go back to Ali in this scenario. In Jake's season she seemed to be a big old snivelling hot mess bawling her eyes out on the couch, on the floor of the hallway, in the hotel room with the fake "take me back" phone call, yet we didn't see any of that with her in her own season. I think Ashley will do just fine. I hope she has fun, gets lots of new clothes, and enough $$ to pay off her school bills when she goes back to finish her program. That would more than make up, I hope, for going through the Fleiss-machinations and what will most likely be a fake love affair / break up.

FORT Newbie

I like Ashley, but I do not find her compelling enough to be the Bachelorette. I wish they get a new ette other than a retread. I will be intrigued if it was Chantal or Madison but since either one is not available, I would prefer a new candidate.I will probably watch the 1st 2 episodes just to see the quality of the bachelors.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    That would be my guess as well. It's the only thing that makes sense, considering she is so career driven.
    It's a little bizarre that she seemed put out with Brad in South Africa for what she said about him only being interested in finding a wife. Well, yeah, that was his stated reason for doing the show. That's what they all are supposedly doing there. So one minute she doesn't approve of him looking for a wife, and the next minute she agrees to be the 'Ette? I guess we're supposed to believe she did a complete 180 and now her goal is to find a husband.

I think Ash will have a fun season.

If you think about it, they have never really cast a Bachelorette lead who was drop dead gorgeous and looked like a supermodel. The closest was probably Deanna, who had a beautiful face, but less than spectacular figure. Ashley does seem like a Jillian clone, who herself was a less attractive version of Trista, IMO. I don't know whether it's deliberate or not, but it seems they always choose a woman who is attractive but not so beautiful/flawless that the viewers (ie other women) can't relate to her and live vicariously through her. In that sense, I understand why they're going with Ashley.

For once though, I'd love to see a season where all the men just lose their s**t when they spend time with the Bachelorette because they are so into her, instead of having bromances with each other. Although then we would miss the bromances, so on second thought, bring on Ashley!

I agree with whoever said they need to reconfigure her bangs somehow. The swoopy ones aren't disguising the fivehead. Maybe blunt cut straight across instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    If you think about it, they have never really cast a Bachelorette lead who was drop dead gorgeous and looked like a supermodel. The closest was probably Deanna, who had a beautiful face, but less than spectacular figure. Ashley does seem like a Jillian clone, who herself was a less attractive version of Trista, IMO. I don't know whether it's deliberate or not, but it seems they always choose a woman who is attractive but not so beautiful/flawless that the viewers (ie other women) can't relate to her and live vicariously through her. In that sense, I understand why they're going with Ashley.

For once though, I'd love to see a season where all the men just lost their s**t when they spent time with the Bachelorette because they were so into her, instead of having bromances with each other. Although then we would miss the bromances, so on second thought, bring on Ashley!

I agree with whoever said they need to reconfigure her bangs somehow. The swoopy ones aren't disguising the fivehead. Maybe blunt cut straight across instead?
    The majority of the audience is women so it makes sense why their Bettes are typically normal/average looking girls instead of drop dead gorgeous Heidi Klum types. ITA that Ashley is another Jill and Trista, and will probably bring the same type of fun, lively season. And after watching Brad the Undertaker all winter, I need that.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    Absolutely and good for her! Someone has to be the Bette and I'm happy to know the money is going to a smart woman and her education/career.

If she finds an amazing guy who is perfect for her and crazy about her then she'll be flying high and very lucky. If she has a summer romance that soon fizzles ... so what! She made memories to last a lifetime, traveled to exotic locations most of us can only dream about, and a good chunk of her education was paid off. She's already lucky to have that stress and worry off her shoulders.

Go Ash!

Maybe they are waiting to announce in case Emily and Brad don't make it.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3