Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 337374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho View Post
    Thanks.
    So really there's no conflicting spoilers just unconfirmed rumors.

For the Record:
    From what I know about the production of this show (and I know quite a bit) there is absolutely NO way that they would only just now be deciding on a lead if they're going to start filming in less than a week. Ashley probably signed the contract at least two weeks ago.
    You got it!!

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    definitely. She had to have time to get her hair done, teeth whitened, and script read for the wta taping
    lol
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-13-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    She was one of my favorites after their carnival date then the edit changed and made her seem the opposite of everything me as a viewer loved her for.

The previews to the season had a voice over saying something about "When Ashley gets in a group situation she looses it." Then they showed her insecure side when Brad was kissing Britt which lead to her not getting the rose on the group date when Brad wanted to give it to Ashley instead.

Almost like what they did to Ali's edit during Jake's season. She was the fan favorite and also got the first 1-1 date that season. I remember the facebook page set up for her because she had so many fans.

Then they started editing her as the head mean girl and by the end of the season some thought she was a bully. They tried to paint Vienna as a victim, but I never saw it that way.

I am going to assume Ashley H is a lot like the girl we saw on that carnival date. I am sure that side will come out when she is the one calling the shots. I hope so.
    I do think she's a lot like Ali in a way. The way you compared their edits really makes it seem obvious, too. Ali was an early favorite then started losing cool points for causing trouble with Vienna. Ashley was edited to be a favorite early then lost out to insecurities and drama. Ali surprised everyone I think by having not only a decent season, but a great ending as well. Maybe Ashley will surprise some folks, too.

Also, you reminded me of one of my all time favorite Bachelor moments when Ali lost her s*** at the F5 RC when Vienna got a rose. I'm cracking up thinking about it.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 03-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho View Post
    I spent most of this season away from the boards and watched the show with a group of friends and we all absolutely adored Ashley H from the beginning. It was so weird to come here and see that nobody even knew who she was halfway through the season. I posted at least a month ago that if Emily wasn't the Bachelorette it would be Ashley and nobody understood why. Seems like still nobody "gets it".

The girl is young, cute, energetic, driven, and has a great career in front of her. Why pick a 30 year old mom or a girl who left in the third episode when they can have somebody with the life and energy needed to carry a show. Jake was a complete bore. Enter Ali with her spunk and energy. Brad is worse than Jake as far as the entertainment factor goes. Now they've got Ashley. She will surely be able to carry her own show, regardless of whether or not she was a star of this season.
    I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder. From my vantage point, Ashley is very vanilla, too giggly and a not adept at expressing her emotions. Her hometown date was the biggest yawner of them all. That scene in the restaurant was painfully boring to watch.

From a physical standpoint, mostly what I see when I look at her is a huge forehead (which is why I suspect she now has a "comb-over", but it's reminiscent of what men do when their hairlines recede -- they sweep too much from one side over to the other) (see the Ashley SI photos here and here) and her latest makeover here.

This show is about romance and sex appeal, not just spunk and energy. I don't think Ashley is interesting enough to carry the show. Her makeover dissolved whatever sex appeal she had before and adds years to her age, not in a flattering way. I'm hoping her male contestants will make it worth watching.

I also can't agree that Jake was a better choice than Brad. Brad is far sexier to look at, and has a much more pleasant personality. Jake is another example of pure vanilla, and came off phony, wooden and full of himself to boot. Neither one is a cut-up in the entertainment sense, but I think people appreciated the seriousness with which he undertook his "mission"-- falling in love and finding a wife. From his willingness to be self-deprecating, to his politeness to the women, to his agreeing to be filmed talking to a therapist, he held our interest.

I respect your view and I'm sure there are others who feel the way you do, but I think there are many of us just don't understand picking Ashley for the next Bachelorette. Time will tell whether TB made a good choice.

[Edited to Add: I have never had a favorite between Emily and Chantal. I like both and it's the puzzle of figuring it out that keeps me interested. I still go back and forth but lean towards Emily being the F1.]

Assuming that TPTB does not pick one of the final two, there are only two options from this season that make even remote sense - Ashley and Michelle. The WTA clearly had them both featured and the betting money would be on Ashley who already seemed prepped with a "do-over" and a ready script (though whoever did her makeup deserves to be sent to Alcatraz). I personally do not think much of either. Ashley is an Ali-clone (minus the cuteness), while Michelle has too many faults to mention (although she would provide some drama and is IMHO much better looking).

What they really should do is get out of the "incestuous" selection and bring someone totally new. Alas, I do not think that will happen. Fleiss and co. have hit on a process that seems to work, where the future B'ette is first vetted in a Bachelor season, and I can't see them "taking any chances".

FORT Regular

I would love to see somebody NEW. No more taking taking someone from the Bachelor and making them the Bachelorette. In my opinon when they do that they are just taking the easy way to make a new show. I want fresh faces and people that just might make it. For me when they choose a rejected person it just sets the season up for a failure percentage wise. PLEASE PLEASE make it someone new. I know they won't..

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kat04 View Post
    I would love to see somebody NEW. No more taking taking someone from the Bachelor and making them the Bachelorette. In my opinon when they do that they are just taking the easy way to make a new show. I want fresh faces and people that just might make it. For me when they choose a rejected person it just sets the season up for a failure percentage wise. PLEASE PLEASE make it someone new. I know they won't..
    I agree. I think getting someone brand new, who hasn't been on The Bachelor before is a good thing. It would keep things fresh and interesting

Jewel Minx: just found out my pieces will be featured on the next Bachelorette, sending these new Love Knot Earrings!

Jewel Minx: Collection sent to Bachelorette, begins filming next week! Gold Crystal and Turquoise Quartz
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post

I love them!!! I want some!

Quote Originally Posted by caligrl1day View Post
    I love them!!! I want some!
    They are cute. Thanks for finding them love me

If it is Ashley I don't know if I will watch. She irritates me.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3