Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by snowyglow12 View Post
    pic is Lindsay's silhouette....don't think she is bachelorette though

Attachment 27015
    I wish it WAS going to be Lindsay... for my money she was by FAR the prettiest of all the Bachelorettes... and I don't think she was at the WTA, was she?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    This kind of reminds me of when they offered us F4 Meredith, and told us it was because we had all loved her and lobbied for her as our next Bachelorette.

What??? Meredith was a very good F4 in her cast, but she wasn't particularly a standout fan favorite. We were shaking our heads over that one, kind of like we are doing over this one....

Ashley was not really allowed to be built up as a fan favorite. She has been likened to Jill, but we got to know Jill much better than we did Ashley.
    I would say edit built Emily up to be the fan favorite. FD shows us a bachelorette in making because of Emily's words in a VO saying she was meant to be in this place to start opening up and loving again. Aren't those usually words of a future bachelorette?

This kind of reminds me of when they offered us F4 Meredith, and told us it was because we had all loved her and lobbied for her as our next Bachelorette.

What??? Meredith was a very good F4 in her cast, but she wasn't particularly a standout fan favorite. We were shaking our heads over that one, kind of like we are doing over this one....

Ashley was not really allowed to be built up as a fan favorite. She has been likened to Jill, but we got to know Jill much better than we did Ashley.
    I assume they edited this with another possible bachelorette in mind or why else not show us more of Ashley. She was there almost as long as Chantal and Emily.

She had to be thrown in when someone else declined. I am every bit as excited as I was when they announced Jake's season.

Nevertheless, Mere gave one of the hottest stories ever and I loved every minute of it. If Ashley is able to bring the same thing to the table, I'll be one very happy viewer.

I guess TPTB just made a wrong gamble in not showing us any of Ashley other than the carnival, HTD, and FD.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by snowyglow12 View Post
    pic is Lindsay's silhouette....don't think she is bachelorette though

Attachment 27015
    I say that is a match...but who is Lindsay?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Nevertheless, Mere gave one of the hottest stories ever and I loved every minute of it. If Ashley is able to bring the same thing to the table, I'll be one very happy viewer.

I guess TPTB just made a wrong gamble in not showing us any of Ashley other than the carnival, HTD, and FD.
    I really liked Meredith and I was not looking forward to watching her. She was witty and the cast of guys was great. Ian had so much appeal and Matt was a sweet and very handsome F2.

Strange they would select a silhouette of someone with Lindsay's look to advertise Ashley H's season.

Quote Originally Posted by kelad9 View Post
    I would say edit built Emily up to be the fan favorite. FD shows us a bachelorette in making because of Emily's words in a VO saying she was meant to be in this place to start opening up and loving again. Aren't those usually words of a future bachelorette?
    I always thought they were building Emily to be the next bachelorette..that they would use her sad backstory and show her not really able to open up to Brad and then would say that was a learning experience for her and NOW she is ready....for us the show is in the present but the FRC happened 3 1/2 months ago...so TPTB had time and could have and should have edited it differently ..all I can think of is that they were counting on the F2 as bachelorette but they didn't stop to get her thoughts and feelings on the subject so they were left hanging...I really think if they had discussed it in depth with the F2 and let her know their intentions she would have stayed single...so IMO they either didn't tell her or point blank she had had enough to do with the show and wanted nothing else to do with it..but that brings you back to that if she had why didn't they give us a different edit..it would have given them time
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post

It is truely amazing how that decision changed the edit of the whole show. It also is a reminder of how much goes on behind the scenes in real life during production that affects what we see. Not only do off screen issues effect the cast, but also the crew and how the edit eventually takes form.
    I'm not sure that the edit would have changed my mind. Many loved Chantal from the get go..even more people loved Emily as soon she stepped out of the limo. It feels like Ashley never stood a chance with the fans, regardless of where she ended, be it F2 or F3. Even Shawntel (F4) had more fans rooting for her to be the bachelortte. Don't get me wrong, I like Ashley, I like her spunk, the fact that she's achieved a lot academically or otherwise, and she is from my beloved New England but she isn't even a close second for me as far as the bachelorette is concerned Oh well, at least it's not Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I am sure the real life Michelle, and certainly the tv Michelle are "nice" girls, but the real life Michelle has a huge hole where her moral compass should be. Perhaps she is reformed but "that sweet girl next door" she is not.

She is a great example of transformation by PR
    I can not say AMEN enough times to the above.
    The real Michelle has a moral character that almost parallels MF himself. And this may be why the 2 of them got along so well this season.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    I can not say AMEN enough times to the above.
    The real Michelle has a moral character that almost parallels MF himself. And this may be why the 2 of them got along so well this season.
    well I remember an old interview of CH's where he was talking about mistakes in casting the lead of the show...I think he was referring to PLO but just didn't come out and say it....I say good luck to this next bachelorette and I hope she doesn't turn out to be one of their mistakes
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!