Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    Did he post the picture? Can't find it anywhere on his site.
    No, not yet. He said he'll update as the shooting gets rolling and he knows more.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    I was told that Ashley H is confirmed as the next Bachelorette, and the Meet & Greet filming will begin on Tuesday.

Enjoy the new season!
    Assuming this is correct (you are a seasoned pro) it makes me wonder how this show would have been edited differently if Ashley would have stayed on course to be F2. I bet we would have been given a show that hardly resembles what we just watched for the last couple of months and there would be many, many more of these same die hard fans who would be in love with the idea of Ash H. I think any of the top 3 would make a great bachorette. (from a guy's point of view) I think we were robbed of getting to know Ash H because editors were mostly concerned with editing of the top 2 and showing us their story with Brad. Amazing what falling from F2 to F3 does to he entire show

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Assuming this is correct (you are a seasoned pro) it makes me wonder how this show would have been edited differently if Ashley would have stayed on course to be F2. I bet we would have been given a show that hardly resembles what we just watched for the last couple of months and there would be many, many more of these same die hard fans who would be in love with the idea of Ash H. I think any of the top 3 would make a great bachorette. (from a guy's point of view) I think we were robbed of getting to know Ash H because editors were mostly concerned with editing of the top 2 and showing us their story with Brad. Amazing what falling from F2 to F3 does to he entire show
    Ok, so you are saying that Ashley was suppose to be the F2, just want to be clear with what you are saying, because sometimes I can read and not comprehend.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    I was told that Ashley H is confirmed as the next Bachelorette, and the Meet & Greet filming will begin on Tuesday.

Enjoy the new season!
    I'm not excited. Boo! I just don't find her entertaining.

You're not kidding. She didn't really have a chance to get the "lovable F3 edit".
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

It is truely amazing how that decision changed the edit of the whole show. It also is a reminder of how much goes on behind the scenes in real life during production that affects what we see. Not only do off screen issues effect the cast, but also the crew and how the edit eventually takes form.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Ok, so you are saying that Ashley was suppose to be the F2, just want to be clear with what you are saying, because sometimes I can read and not comprehend.....
    Well Brad pretty much told us Ashley was supposed to be F2.

I guess that once again TPTB screwed up with the edit they gave their first choice and she bailed on them. So now once again they have to go with Plan B (or Z in Brad's case). Hilarious! When, if ever, are they going to learn?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I just don't see it with Ashley as having the fan appeal????
    She appears to be a bit like Jillian was with her bubbly personality but Jillian seemed to have more substance and stability in her character.

I don't think I would be interested in watching a whole season of Ashley.
    It's almost like I couldn't care less if she "found" someone. I mean, it wouldn't appear to be exciting to watch.

Anyways, I may be proven wrong.

What would shock me is if someone like Vienna or Kate (from Kate plus 8) became the bachelorette. I know, I know, possible but not highly probable. However, wouldn't that produce some intersting ratings... if not for the love story, then for sure for the "how low can you go" story line.

Personally, I would love to see where they give the option like in Byron's season where they offered 2 choices for the LEAD and then worked with that... or that the LEAD could "trade" 2 or 3 of their original 25 out after the meet and greet and go for some "wild cards" thrown into the mix . Byron's season they did something similar to that by bringing in MAry and Heather.

Just thinking about mixing up the "same old, same old".

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes View Post
    pic is Lindsay's silhouette....don't think she is bachelorette though

lindsay.jpg

FORT Fogey

This kind of reminds me of when they offered us F4 Meredith, and told us it was because we had all loved her and lobbied for her as our next Bachelorette.

What??? Meredith was a very good F4 in her cast, but she wasn't particularly a standout fan favorite. We were shaking our heads over that one, kind of like we are doing over this one....

Ashley was not really allowed to be built up as a fan favorite. She has been likened to Jill, but we got to know Jill much better than we did Ashley.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan