Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

I'm curious why y'all think that Emily turned down the 'ette a while ago. To me, the edit of this season has been done promoting her. If they knew it was going to be Ashley, it seems they would've given her a more prominant edit.
    And I'm surprised that Shawntel turned it down, if indeed she was offered it. She is on record saying that she would consider doing it.
    And one more thing, it seems as though the series has gone so much into retreads. For all the disaster that was PLo's season, it was kind of nice having totally fresh faces. And I can't seem to remember one 'ette who wasn't first a reject (or retread in Jen's case.) Why not have someone totally new?

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    I also stand by my comments earlier this week that it is very, very early for the network to have greenlighted a current cast member as the lead of the next season. I'm skeptical, but have to give it to Steve for now if he's got that on good authority, as he says. (Note that Reid Rosenthal tweeted the same thing yesterday ... and he personally endured network approach, negotiations, etc.)
    I agree it is way early. As I said upthread, they haven't even got a fan reaction re: Ashley i.e. her rejection / exit from the show hasn't even been shown. How are they so sure that she will have the sympathy vote.
    Plus they have done nothing for furthur her storyline in terms of a future lead like they did Ali at F4.
    Surprising to me.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I agree it is way early. As I said upthread, they haven't even got a fan reaction re: Ashley i.e. her rejection / exit from the show hasn't even been shown. How are they so sure that she will have the sympathy vote.
    Plus they have done nothing for furthur her storyline in terms of a future lead like they did Ali at F4.
    Surprising to me.
    Maybe she will call Brad from her hotel and ask him if she can tag along on his LCDs

FORT Regular

I kinda see Ashley as similar to Ali....both are girl next door types. I think Ashley may be more liked though. With Ali, a lot of people didn't like her because she was pretty rude sometimes to Vienna. I haven't seen Ashley be mean to anyone. I guess I like Ashley better. The producers like someone who is just cheerful and will mold into what they want them to be. I am curious to see whether that will keep her dark hair or make it lighter like it was on the show. With Ali they made hers lighter and extensions. With Jill they made hers darker and extensions.

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I'm curious why y'all think that Emily turned down the 'ette a while ago. To me, the edit of this season has been done promoting her. If they knew it was going to be Ashley, it seems they would've given her a more prominant edit.
    And I'm surprised that Shawntel turned it down, if indeed she was offered it. She is on record saying that she would consider doing it.
    And one more thing, it seems as though the series has gone so much into retreads. For all the disaster that was PLo's season, it was kind of nice having totally fresh faces. And I can't seem to remember one 'ette who wasn't first a reject (or retread in Jen's case.) Why not have someone totally new?

Well, I couldn't think of a reason why Emily, a lady, would want to do The Bachelor if there wasn't something more than a chance at Brad. Seems to me, with her grace, money, and good looks she could just about get any man. She's got connections for TV hosting if she wanted to do that. Adventure maybe?
    I only mentioned Shawntell because of the "shocking" bachelorette possibility, but Anders pointed out that Shawntell did say she'd do it if asked.
    Ashley's HTD flagged me. I said right then...."oh now this is a setup...."

I'd like someone new, but Ashley is "girl next door" and that's ok with me. Plus her storyline hasn't been done to DEATH, and she's not been rammed down my throat.

And none of them knew it was Brad until they met him - anyone who had watched Ali's season and followed it afterwards knew they were going for Chris L. Brad came out of left field - even if Emily said "I'm glad it's you" or whatever she said when she met him. Whatever it was, she clearly had no idea who the bach was going to be.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by eclark View Post
    Well, I couldn't think of a reason why Emily, a lady, would want to do The Bachelor if there wasn't something more than a chance at Brad. Seems to me, with her grace, money, and good looks she could just about get any man. She's got connections for TV hosting if she wanted to do that. Adventure maybe?
    I only mentioned Shawntell because of the "shocking" bachelorette possibility, but Anders pointed out that Shawntell did say she'd do it if asked.
    Ashley's HTD flagged me. I said right then...."oh now this is a setup...."

I'd like someone new, but Ashley is "girl next door" and that's ok with me. Plus her storyline hasn't been done to DEATH, and she's not been rammed down my throat.
    Most UNSPOILED people..are in the Emily camp..with Ashley close behind..seems Ashley's "simpleness" and "high energy" are what they like...so Fleiss may be a bit more dialed in than we realize...if they couldn't get Emily to sign then the next best thing was Ashley...hey! that is old school (F3) for the next gig...

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    Surprising to me.
    They don't have that much time, filming needs to start in less than a month probably, and they need time to set things up for her. After a Bachelorette season ends they have much more time to decide on a new Bachelor lead, but the 'Ette leads get chosen much quicker. Ali probably was set as the lead from early on in Jake's season's airing, regardless of what she said (she did her audition for the part months before in that hotel room). Jill was a later pick, because they expected first Molly, then Melissa, to take it. Remember Molly was in meetings to take the role, according to Jason, back in January, which is why he was desperate to make the switch ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Very often not the case. Depends upon the spring/summer schedule of programming which isn't announced yet publicly, so we can't test that.
    For what it's worth, last year they didn't announce the summer schedule until April- after Ali's season had already started filming. It isn't too much of a stretch for them to have already asked Ashley and have those meetings with her this weekend.

FORT Fogey

... this weekend while she's already in town for the WTA ...
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl