Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I agree - there was some awesome dudes over the seasons that I would loved to have seen A LOT more of

I always think of Brice from Jill's season - the only one of the premium 5 she didn't keep.

And Deanna never gave Brian the time of day.
    Ahhh... Brian... She did him a favor when she didn't give him a rose! He deserves better. But she cheated me - I mean US - out of more time with him on the TV. (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
    Also, her intentions are to become a dentist, not a celebrity whore.
    If her intentions were to become a dentist, she would have finished that up and not gone on TB to begin with.

She wants fame. They all do.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

FORT Regular

I think she's in it to find love. But doesn't mean she won't get caught up in the hype to milk the money from publicity and side jobs that are way easier and more fun than being a dentist...Ali is Still doing this a year later with her E! appearances, and talk of airing her wedding. I mean I would do it too. Who wouldn't want to get redic amounts of money to have fun! Oh yes and Melissa did it too...even though she wasn't the B'ette. Yes Ali wanted love too. SO I bet Ashley does, everyone wants a serious relationship at least by 26, and she'll be 27 soon.

I just hope the guys aren't short, since Ashley is like 4'9....ooh I really wanna know who the guys are. When do you think people wil start sleuthing that?

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Ashley graduated from the U Maine in 2008. She is very close to being finished at U Penn. It may be a three year program rather than four

ETA: Oh darn, now I am not sure I think it was 2008.
    I'm pretty sure it's a four year program.
    And an IVY league school. Good for her.
    School is expensive and I'm sure doing the show will help pay that off. I just hope she finishes. It would be a shame to throw away a great degree for a lousy attempt at 15 minutes of fame.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a four year program.
    And an IVY league school. Good for her.
    School is expensive and I'm sure doing the show will help pay that off. I just hope she finishes. It would be a shame to throw away a great degree for a lousy attempt at 15 minutes of fame.
    IA.
    According to their website, that school's program is a 4-yr. program. There is an accelerated program for high school students, that allows students to complete their BS and DMD in 7 yrs. but I don't think this applies to Ashley, as she graduated from the Univ. of Maine first with a Bachelor's, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

During HTD, her father (or step-father?) said to Brad "she intends to finish that", meaning her dental degree. It would be a shame if she didn't because she must have worked so hard and spent so much money to get to this point, and she's almost done. I think I read somewhere that she had one year left. I hope she just put her schooling on hold for now, but intends to complete it after her 15 minutes of fame is over with.
    Last edited by jewels2312; 02-24-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312 View Post
    IA.
    According to their website, that school's program is a 4-yr. program. There is an accelerated program for high school students, that allows students to complete their BS and DMD in 7 yrs. but I don't think this applies to Ashley, as she graduated from the Univ. of Maine first with a Bachelor's, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

During HTD, her father (or step-father?) said to Brad "she intends to finish that", meaning her dental degree. It would be a shame if she didn't because she must have worked so hard to get to this point, and she's almost done. I think I read somewhere that she had one year left. I hope she just put her schooling on hold for now, but intends to complete it after her 15 minutes of fame is over with.
    I don't know how easy that is to do. One of the docs where I work is an Optometrist and we were talking about this. She said that Dental school is like Optometry school and you go through from beginning to end with the same group. Hopefully she can get permission to do it because it would be a lot of time and effort wasted if not.

They have a new poll up now on that new Bachelor site were the vblogs are posted:

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fanatic

I missed it... Where and when was it announced that Ashley H is the next B'ette? I think that's awesome! She'll be a great b'ette! She won't give the creeps the time of day and would have no problem calling BS when she sees it. : )

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I don't know how easy that is to do. One of the docs where I work is an Optometrist and we were talking about this. She said that Dental school is like Optometry school and you go through from beginning to end with the same group. Hopefully she can get permission to do it because it would be a lot of time and effort wasted if not.
    Someone in our family took a break from last year medical school for 3-4 months, but then, it was more internship work at that point, where you are in a hospital setting treating patients under supervision. Don't know about dental school but I'm guessing that maybe the 4th year, the students are doing the more clinical, hands on, in your mouth stuff, and not so much in the classroom anymore. But I agree, I hope she got permission to stop, take a pause, and start over again, with a different group.

I checked out the tuition and fees for U Penn dental program. 90K + for each of the 4 years.. that is VERY expensive. That would be a lot of $$$ out the window. So I can't imagine she won't be completing that now.
    Last edited by jewels2312; 02-24-2011 at 07:54 PM.

FORT Fan

She's in clinicals...it's not hard to take time off. I took a year off during medical "school" (gotta keep in mind she is out of the school part, lectures, books, tests, etc.) and while it wasn't done a whole lot, it was done. The schools all have plans for this type of thing. When you've got programs that last this long- law, dental, medicine, psychiatry, you have to have plans in place for people to take time off. I knew several women who, because they were pregnant and knew they would need at least a month off, took a semester off, or a year. Not a big deal. Not unheard of. And I think she and her family are way too grounded for her to not finish. I have full faith. And what a great way to pay off loans. Smart girl...I'm still working on mine...wonk wonk...