Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

Going on the show for the F4 is a business deal. They are paid talent. Largely cast in advance. Michelle left when she left because she didn't have an F4 gig. (She may not even realize that.) That's not to say the contracts aren't written so that Brad could pick someone else if he were thunderstruck by some chick in limo 3 no one ever heard of. But as a practical matter, it's almost impossible, because such chicks don't get any face time or dates.

If one made a table listing all the F3s from Bach 13 or Bach'ette 4 to the present, and placed a checkmark next to each one whose series or program option was activated, one would have some strong support for the Obvious as the Nose on Your Face fact that people sign agreements and appear on TV shows because they want to be on TV beyond the merely going on a network travel/dating show.

The covered properties would be:
    GMA
    ExtraTV
    DWTS
    Extreme Home Makeover
    ABC owned stations (NY, LA, Chicago, Phily, for example)
    E! (Leave it to Lamas)
    BachelorTV/Warner Horizon television hosted content deal (vlogs, blogs linked to from that site, i.e., David Good, Natalie Getz)

When options expire or aren't picked up, cast often end up on Non-affiliated entertainment outlets, i.e., vlogging by Molly Mesnick on celebtv.com, or Deanna's gigs)

This version of the contract is from 2006, so it's newer than the Trista one, but still no doubt different from what the current cast signed in ways we don't know.

But my point is made. (the link to the contract is available at FORT -- thread name is "Newer ABC Contract")

G. Series Deal:
    1. Series Term and Fees for Syndicated (other than Syndicated
    Magazine), Cable or Network Series:
    If Producer exercises its option for my services, in a syndicated (other than a syndicated magazine), cable or network series, the Initial Term for said series’ (hereinafter the “Optioned Series”) deal shall be for thirteen (13) groups of up to five (5) original series’ episodes, if the Optioned Series is a syndicated or cable series, and six (6) original series’ episodes, if the Optioned Series is a network series. Producer shall thereafter have up to five (5) successive, consecutive, dependent options to continue my services and to extend the term of my Optioned Series’ Agreement. The first optional period shall be for the number of groups of up to five (5) original series’ episodes necessary to complete my services for the first Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a syndicated or cable series, or for the number of original episodes to complete the first season of such Optioned Series, if the Optioned Series is a network series. The second optional period shall commence on a date to be designated by Producer (at or around the commencement of the second Optioned Series’ season) and shall continue for twenty-six (26) groups of up to five (5) original series’ episodes, if the Optioned Series is a syndicated or cable series, or six (6) original series’ episodes, if the Optioned Series is a network series. The third optional period shall be for the number of groups of up to five (5) original series’ episodes necessary to complete my services for such second Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a syndicated or cable series, or for the number of original episodes to complete such second Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a network series. The fourth optional period shall commence on a date to be designated by Producer (at or around the commencement of the third Optioned Series’ season) and shall continue for the number of groups of up to five (5) original series’ episodes becessary complete my services for such third Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a syndicated or cable series, or for the number of original episodes to complete such third Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a network series. The fifth optional period shall commence on a date to be designated by Producer (at or around the commencement of the fourth Optioned Series’ season) and shall continue for the number of groups of up to five (5) original episodes necessary to complete my services for such fourth Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a syndicated or cable series, or for the number of original series episodes to complete such fourth Optioned Series’ season, if the Optioned Series is a network series.
    The option exercise dates for all optional periods immediately preceding a new Optioned Series’ season (i.e., the second and fourth optional periods) shall be on or before the June 30th immediately preceding the applicable optional period, if syndicated or cable Optioned Series, or within thirty (30) days of the applicable network pick-up if network Optioned Series. The option exercise dates for all other optional periods (i.e., the first and third optional periods), if syndicated, cable or network, shall be assigned once the series production season is finalized and will be on or before two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the next applicable optional period. All option exercises to be exercised in writing.

If exercised, my Optioned Series’ fees for all services rendered shall be as follows:

Fees if the Optioned Series is a syndicated (other than a magazine) or
    cable series shall be:

If Host on Syndicated or Cable Series:
    One (1) hour series: $10,000 per group of five (5) original broadcast episodes, if strip or per episode, if weekly.

One-half (1/2) hour series: $7,500 per group of five (5) original
    broadcast episodes, if strip or per episode, if weekly.

If Host on Network Series: The above host fees shall be increased by
    fifty percent (50%).

If Co-Host on Syndicated or Cable Series:
    One (1) hour series: $7,500 per group of five (5) original broadcast episodes, if strip or per episode, if weekly.

One-half (1/2) hour series: $5,000 per group of five (5) original
    broadcast episodes, if strip or per episode, if weekly.

If Co-Host on Network Series: The above co-host fees shall be increased
    by fifty percent (50%).

The above fees shall be prorated for groups of less than five (5). The
    above fees shall be for the first season of the Optioned Series. My annual salary for each of the second and third Optioned Series’ seasons (subject to option exercise) shall be increased by five percent (5%) (cumulative). My annual salary for each of the fourth and fifth Optioned Series’ seasons (subject to option exercise) shall be increased by ten percent (10%) (cumulative).

In the event of an Optioned Series, I agree to remain completely exclusive (consistent with the way that exclusivity is described herein) to Producer during the entire term of my agreement for services on said Optioned Series.

All other terms are to be negotiated in good faith by the parties and to include customary provisions which are normally included within Producer’s and/or its assignee(s)’s employment/artist agreements of this type.

I expressly understand and agree that Producer and/or its assignees
    shall have the sole and exclusive ownership rights to the product of any services rendered by me in connection with the rights granted herein.
    There's another whole provision for series magazines, like Extra or Celebrity Justice.

The pay adds up if you get a gig like Jillian's.

If exercised, my Optioned Series’ fees for all services rendered shall be, for the Initial Term and first and second optional periods shall be$150,000 annually, if weekend host or correspondent (including fill- in host or co-host of daily show). Said fee to be increased by $50,000 if regular host or co-host of daily (Monday through Friday) Optioned Series. My salary to be thereafter increased by five percent (5%) annually for the third and fourth optional periods (the second Optioned Series’ season), five percent (5%) for the fifth optional period (the third Optioned Series’ season), and by ten percent (10%) annually for each of the sixth (i.e.,. the fourth Optioned Series’ season) and seventh optional periods (i.e., the fifth Optioned Series’ season).

Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en View Post
    How did she fail? She had two "nascar" stints. Both of which she left on her own - not them wanting her gone.
    I'm not sleuther, just your average ordinary girl, so I can't predict Emily's past, present or future intentions but when a woman packs up her kid, leaves her home, and moves to another city to sign with a talent agency, my spidey sense starts to tingle.

Look, I don't care if she wants to be famous, afterall, the cuddliest and my favorite creature in all the Bachelor-land can go ahead and put "flirting with photogs" in her primary Facebook activities and that changes nothing for me. I'm just a fan of calling a spade, a spade. It's ludicrous that Emily went on this show to find love because this is the only venue left open to her for romance. YMMV and that's cool.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I'm not sleuther, just your average ordinary girl, so I can't predict Emily's past, present or future intentions but when a woman packs up her kid, leaves her home, and moves to another city to sign with a talent agency, my spidey sense starts to tingle.

Look, I don't care if she wants to be famous, afterall, the cuddliest and my favorite creature in all the Bachelor-land can go ahead and put "flirting with photogs" in her primary Facebook activities and that changes nothing for me. I'm just a fan of calling a spade, a spade. It's ludicrous that Emily went on this show to find love because this is the only venue left open to her for romance. YMMV and that's cool.
    Lol... just lol. Yeah really. This show is a beautiful 24 year old woman's only venue for finding love? It's not like the biological clock is ticking here. She's got lots of options. Great spidey sense, Alanna.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    IMHO Emily doesn't need the Bachelor to audition for anything. She I'm sure has many connections, within the Hendricks circle of business related enterprises that she could get what ever she wanted.

She works, or used to work, (sleutheres believe its "used to") as an event planner at the hospital, I'm sure if she wanted TV related work, which she already has done, she could pursue it on her own, without anyones help.

When I compare Melissa Rycroft's edits, or even Ali in Jakes season, then yes, they are auditioning for something. Emily's edit is pretty much a Roberto's edit, let me get this F1 over with so I can live my life away from the cameras.

Well, apparently she tried it before on her own, with an agent, and nobody was beating down her door and she returned to Charlotte. I imagine that it's not an easy industry for her to get her foot in the door, if she wants to do something outside of NASCAR. Nothing wrong with using this show as an audition for bigger better things -- it's what the majority of them are doing IMO.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post

Umm I bet about 1% of the girls that sign up for this show are signing up because they are looking for "love". So why is it any different for Emily. I seriously doubt Chantal signed up for this show/went on the show thinking "i'm going to wake up in the morning and meet my future husband" pleaseeeeeee
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

I love this show so much it is my guilty pleasure. There are few people who lead each season that would make me not tune in, but if Vienna does become the next Bachelorette it will take a lot for me to watch.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I love this show so much it is my guilty pleasure. There are few people who lead each season that would make me not tune in, but if Vienna does become the next Bachelorette it will take a lot for me to watch.
    If Vienna would become the next bachelorette, you bet I would watch it! However, I'd probably root for the guys who leave early.

If I watched Jakes season I will watch anybody seasons.

If its Vienna.. LOL.. that could be really fun and you wont be invested..

Those two did me in with their nasty break-up. I want no part of either one.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Regular

Vienna: Wouldn't watch but I would read online recaps at best. No point in getting consumed in a season that you know will end in a train wreck after the finale. Give me a love story instead of Jerry Springer. The drama and scandals would be funny to read about, though. Just not watch.

Shawntel: I would Tivo, rewatch. Tivo, rewatch. Tivo, rewatch. lol

Ashley H: Would definitely watch.

Emily: At first I was horrified if she was chosen but I'm coming around. She seemed too fragile and shy and even admitted she is 'scared of everything' so I didn't see how she would handle the adrenaline dates week after week. But I think the way the men would melt like butter and make fools of themselves for her would make the whole season worthwhile. I just hope it isn't a season long sob fest about Ricky every episode.

Madison/Michelle/Ashley S/Gia: Some names I have seen thrown around but I just don't see it happening. Another season I would just read online recaps.

Chantal (if not F1): Would definitely watch. That girl would be masterpiece theater. lol