Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 921

Thread: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

  1. #181
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Jlccaz ~ I think that's the problem for many of us, we feel like she's auditioning for
    future options. She seems disengaged with many of the activities. She never appears
    to be caught up *in the moment*. She misses a lot of dialogue because her focus & attention
    is on her hair, and trying to keep it in place, out of her face. This one thing in
    particular has drove me nuts! It's as though she is constantly focused on being *picture* perfect.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  2. #182
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    I think Emily is all about the options in her contract. She is TV Gold. She isn't going to "waste" that on using this opportunity to find a husband and uproot her family to Austin. I do not buy it, though I had an open mind about it (if she'd lit up the screen with interest in Brad, etc.).

    She is auditioning for one of the following, IMO:
    -- to star in her own Bach'ette show (Bachelorette 6: "She's Always a Lady to Me", LOL)
    -- NASCAR type TV host role
    -- Local to Charlotte TV hosting (like Ali)
    -- other Disney/Warner shows (like Tenley or Melissa, segments on Extra, GMA, etc.)

    She acts as if she is auditioning to be sure her option is activated.
    What do I mean by auditioning? Any of those roles is not "hers for the asking." That's one of the true weak links (i.e., makes one doubt the whole story, because it's so off base) in the lithargic "what I was told" story. The suits plus Fleiss/showrunner, etc. do not decide who to cast until the show has aired and they judge fan reaction, watch the finished product, see how they do in interviews.

    The weeks during which the show airs can CREATE opportunities (Chris L ... fan fave --> interest in him as a lead) or kill them.

    Whether Emily is cast as next Bach'ette, or as a TV Spokesperson (remember when that was a Star Search category, back in the 1980s...those were hilarious bits) on some other Disney/Warner property all remains to be seen.

    So anyway, it's a prediction, or perhaps an expectation, but future casting would never be decided in advance, i.e., written into a contract. For one thing, they would want her on edge to create more dynamic scenes with the lead and other cast members.

    I don't know what the current agreements say (Except that they are increasingly customized), but reading the options section of the older versions available at FORT is a good idea.

    To be balanced about it, it's possible that Shawntel is auditioning for a Wacky Funeral Home-based entertainment or that Chantal wants out of Step-Dad's car dealerships. They both have the looks and charm and spunk if they want that. And one would expect their contracts to have the standard option language in them.

    At least Melissa and even Tenley have bubbly, fun, outgoing personalities that are somewhat interesting on Tv. All I see Emily doing is taking over Vanna White's position on Wheel of Fortune.

  3. #183
    FORT Fogey carriealexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    At least Melissa and even Tenley have bubbly, fun, outgoing personalities that are somewhat interesting on Tv. All I see Emily doing is taking over Vanna White's position on Wheel of Fortune.
    You'd have to admit though that that's one of the best jobs ever invented. All she has to do is walk back and forth clicking letters in a gorgeous gown. I would jump all over that job! I'm sure CH would coach her through it for the first couple tapings since he basically has the same job

  4. #184
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    You'd have to admit though that that's one of the best jobs ever invented. All she has to do is walk back and forth clicking letters in a gorgeous gown. I would jump all over that job! I'm sure CH would coach her through it for the first couple tapings since he basically has the same job
    I don't think I'll ever be able to look at CH the same!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  5. #185
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think I'll ever be able to look at CH the same!!
    Actually aren't Pat Sajak and Vanna ready to retire? They've been doing the show for about 20 years. New host should be Chris H and Emily in the Vanna role. Emily would look gorgeous in those gowns.

  6. #186
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    IMHO Emily doesn't need the Bachelor to audition for anything. She I'm sure has many connections, within the Hendricks circle of business related enterprises that she could get what ever she wanted.

    She works, or used to work, (sleutheres believe its "used to") as an event planner at the hospital, I'm sure if she wanted TV related work, which she already has done, she could pursue it on her own, without anyones help.

    When I compare Melissa Rycroft's edits, or even Ali in Jakes season, then yes, they are auditioning for something. Emily's edit is pretty much a Roberto's edit, let me get this F1 over with so I can live my life away from the cameras.


  7. #187
    FORT Fogey carriealexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    Actually aren't Pat Sajak and Vanna ready to retire? They've been doing the show for about 20 years. New host should be Chris H and Emily in the Vanna role. Emily would look gorgeous in those gowns.
    That would be awesome! They are looking into retirement from what I've heard, and we have found their replacements! Nice work everyone

  8. #188
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    IMHO Emily doesn't need the Bachelor to audition for anything. She I'm sure has many connections, within the Hendricks circle of business related enterprises that she could get what ever she wanted.

    She works, or used to work, (sleutheres believe its "used to") as an event planner at the hospital, I'm sure if she wanted TV related work, which she already has done, she could pursue it on her own, without anyones help.

    When I compare Melissa Rycroft's edits, or even Ali in Jakes season, then yes, they are auditioning for something. Emily's edit is pretty much a Roberto's edit, let me get this F1 over with so I can live my life away from the cameras.

    She has already tried and failed multiple times.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #189
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    Actually aren't Pat Sajak and Vanna ready to retire? They've been doing the show for about 20 years. New host should be Chris H and Emily in the Vanna role. Emily would look gorgeous in those gowns.
    CH: ladies, gentlemen... this will be the last vowel of the evening....
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  10. #190
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    CH: ladies, gentlemen... this will be the last vowel of the evening....
    The truth of the matter is ~ we can all hear him saying that!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.