Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Outtakes

Re: Outtakes

Quote Originally Posted by tigger1617;4189312;
    Actually I think they eat them during ...
    Facts about a praying mantis:

*the "praying" part of their name comes from the position that their front legs take--like hands in prayer--while they hunt.
    *their necks allow their heads to rotate 180 degrees as they watch their prey

From the University of Kentucky website:

During mating the smaller male often jumps on the back of the larger female. Miscalculating the jump may mean the male becomes a meal. If the jump was successful, the pair mate and during copulation the female may turn and devour the male's head. The body of the male is capable of completing the mating, when complete the female will finish eating the male.
    Praying Mantids | University of Kentucky Entomology

In the last episode, we saw many shots of species indigenous to the rainforest. Any other species could have been paired with that conversation. With that knowledge, the pairing of the girls talking about Chantal's return and the praying mantis was intentional.

Is it that Michelle is the man-eater? Or Chantal? Is there another interpretation we haven't thought of?

FORT Fanatic

I read somewhere that the male has a chance to escape death in the wild because the mating ritual is disturbed, so Brad has a chance to be engagement-free by the end of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;4189320;
    I read somewhere that the male has a chance to escape death in the wild because the mating ritual is disturbed, so Brad has a chance to be engagement-free by the end of this.
    Too funny! In a way this ties in to the narrative of where this show seems to be going as far as travel... I don't know about Anguilla but Costa Rica being known for monkeys and bugs, and all the wild kingdom scenery in Africa capped off by great white sharks...
    Maybe the whole theme this time around for Brad is 'it's a jungle out there' in the mate-finding world and the question is whether the show will eat him alive before it's all over!
    And the little bonus we get as viewers is the beautiful scenery while he's doing his own personal survivor love series!

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4189317;
    Facts about a praying mantis:

*the "praying" part of their name comes from the position that their front legs take--like hands in prayer--while they hunt.
    *their necks allow their heads to rotate 180 degrees as they watch their prey

From the University of Kentucky website:

Praying Mantids | University of Kentucky Entomology

In the last episode, we saw many shots of species indigenous to the rainforest. Any other species could have been paired with that conversation. With that knowledge, the pairing of the girls talking about Chantal's return and the praying mantis was intentional.

Is it that Michelle is the man-eater? Or Chantal? Is there another interpretation we haven't thought of?

The body of the male continues mating after his head has been bitten off by the female? And this is different from humans how?

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4188972;
    My interpretation of the outtake is as follow:

All of the other girls were sitting around hoping/predicting/(praying?") that Brad would dump Chantal on their 1 on 1 date. The a giant bug (the type doesn't matter to me although the "praying" mantis seems appropriate) comes along and chases all of the girls away. Of course Brad did not dump Chantal.

To me this clearly says that all of the other girls are going away and only
    Chantal is left with Brad.

Am I certain? Of course not but considering that the same person who told me that Brad picked Chantal also told me about the clue in the outtake I am putting two and two together. Some may think the answer is 5 but I get 4.
    I think it makes sense. The outtake was hilarious! That was the fastest I've ever seen Emily move up from her seat.

Too bad we don't have many threads open anymore.

Where can we go to see the outtakes? They don't seem to be on ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4189347;
    Where can we go to see the outtakes? They don't seem to be on ABC.
    They are at the very end of the full show.

Someone help me out here. So we have Fleiss telling us hints about the rest of the season by the out takes that he shows as the credits roll? We are talking about Mike Fleiss, right? The same Mike Fleiss that thought it would be fun and appropriate to show us Jillian's F1 having problems in the bedroom? The same Mike Fleiss that wanted to end Brad's first season with him eating a sub sandwich while watching The Bachelor? Does anyone really think that Mike Fleiss is that deep? Is there any indication that Mike Fleiss is some genius that has these amazing thoughts that he could come up with something like what is being suggested? Sorry but I'm not sure that I buy into that. Fleiss has made it completely clear that his top priorities are money, ratings and what he thinks sells. Fleiss thinks that drama is what sells, and apparently stupid human tricks as well if the Meet and Greet of past seasons is any indication. I think that Fleiss is being given way to much credit.

I think the mantis shooing away the ladies is just Mother Nature's way of saying Brad and Chantal should be together, just like with the rain. That Mother Nature is tricky.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;4189352;
    Someone help me out here. So we have Fleiss telling us hints about the rest of the season by the out takes that he shows as the credits roll? We are talking about Mike Fleiss, right? The same Mike Fleiss that thought it would be fun and appropriate to show us Jillian's F1 having problems in the bedroom? The same Mike Fleiss that wanted to end Brad's first season with him eating a sub sandwich while watching The Bachelor? Does anyone really think that Mike Fleiss is that deep? Is there any indication that Mike Fleiss is some genius that has these amazing thoughts that he could come up with something like what is being suggested? Sorry but I'm not sure that I buy into that. Fleiss has made it completely clear that his top priorities are money, ratings and what he thinks sells. Fleiss thinks that drama is what sells, and apparently stupid human tricks as well if the Meet and Greet of past seasons is any indication. I think that Fleiss is being given way to much credit.
    I don't know if it's MF but i can see the editing team getting bored with the whole storyline editing of the season and deciding" let's see if we can tell the real story in the outtakes". Personally if I were on the editing team that would really get me excited and be fun. I'd even do that in my "off" hours!