Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: **Spoiler** 1/17 Episode 3: The Bachelor 15

Re: **Spoiler** 1/17 Episode 3: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4152643;
    None, nada, nothing. I've constant heard that the F1 has an arc, something to overcome. I guess it just doesn't apply this season.
    But they do. She's jealous and teary and cannot share. It may not be true in how things actually went down but then again Roberto's was that he was simply too hot to handle.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4152648;
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that we don't usually see the full story arc till around the HTD's. If this is the case, long way to go before that.
    Exactly!!

You have to clear away the clutter (including not one but two professional actresses disguised as Contestants this season) before the story lines come into focus.

The first episode I ever watched of any Bachelor/ette show was the Tahoe episode (before HTD) in Bach 10. I hadn't missed a darn thing in terms of measuring the True Love Quotient or Predicting Outcome (the two obsessions of this board). If anything, the earlier episodes are distracting and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4152649;
    But they do. She's jealous and teary and cannot share. It may not be true in how things actually went down but then again Roberto's was that he was simply too hot to handle.
    if you go back and watch the movie group date, wasn't that Chantal sitting in front of Michelle? The camera really rushes in to focus on Michelle but you can see Chantal having a hard time watching Brad with Shawntel even thou it was just a scene for the movie they were doing. I'm thinking that most of the F3 gals are having a hard time watching Brad with other girls at this point. JMO.

From this point forward, please take all of your EDIT comments to the Edit Thread. Thank you
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

About pit stains...In a science class I teach, we watched a documentary today. Apparently, some university in Britain did this study, where they had blindfolded women walk around and smell the pits of various smelly guys. (The men had been told to wear certain t-shirts day and night for several days, even while working out.) Evidently, the men whom the women picked as smelling the best turned out to be the best looking. For instance, the professor running the study would point that a guy who had been picked had perfectly symmetrical features, which other studies have shown both sexes prefer. He speculates that women subconsciously process a guy's smell when they're deciding whether they like him or not. I have no idea what this has to do with pit stains, per se, but I just found it fascinating after last night.

I'm confused. What exactly did the family of Emily's fiance do? I don't follow NASCAR, so I had never heard of Ricky Martin until this show. And did y'all say that the crash happened in 2004 ? That would explain I hadn't heard about it. I was living overseas from 2004-07, so if it happened during then I would have been out of the loop. Poor Emily. I can't imagine going through what she did at such a young age.

I will confess, though, that on her date with Brad, I kept thinking, "Tell him! Tell him! If he doesn't accept you then he's not worth it!" It's not that I didn't sympathize--before I met my wonderful hubby I dated some real jerks, too. It's just that I tend to be rather outspoken , so I'd rather get bad stuff out of the way than avoid it.

Michelle is a) a good actress or b) a plant by Fleiss or c) a very scary woman.

That rooftop where Brad and Ashley went after their date didn't seem romantic. I had to keep shielding my eyes from that reflecting building across from them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4152724;

I'm confused. What exactly did the family of Emily's fiance do? I don't follow NASCAR, so I had never heard of Ricky Martin until this show. And did y'all say that the crash happened in 2004 ? That would explain I hadn't heard about it. I was living overseas from 2004-07, so if it happened during then I would have been out of the loop. Poor Emily. I can't imagine going through what she did at such a young age.

I will confess, though, that on her date with Brad, I kept thinking, "Tell him! Tell him! If he doesn't accept you then he's not worth it!" It's not that I didn't sympathize--before I met my wonderful hubby I dated some real jerks, too. It's just that I tend to be rather outspoken , so I'd rather get bad stuff out of the way than avoid it.
    Ricky's father is Rick Hendrick owner of Hendrick motor sports. His driver Jimmie Johnson has won the championship the last 5 years. His team is huge in NASCAR. Rick didn't just lose his son in that crash. He lost his brother and two nieces as well. There were ten people that were on that plane. It was devastating to the whole NASCAR community. They all really consider themselves one big family.

Ricky had raced at one point but by that time he was working as a spotter for one of his fathers drivers. That's why he didn't have to fly until Sunday.

Wow. Thank you.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4152616;
    When Lisa got the rose last night, my mom said, "who's that?" Lol Poor thing doesn't get any screen time, but she is gorgeous!
    Yeah Lisa seems shy or something. They don't show her enough. Everytime I see her though I think ooh she's pretty.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;4152386;

I loved what Meaghan said about Emily, something to the effect of being a Barbie doll on the outside. but having the soul of Mother Theresa and how can anyone not like Mother Theresa. That was priceless.
    she also said "you want to hate her but you can't"...that was so true.

anyway emily is very pretty and sweet and I think Brad likes her a lot but I feel like there's more chemistry with Chantal. It's like he wants to like Emily cuz on paper she has all the quality he wants and I think he even does like her a lot but something is missing.

so does anyone know when Michelle gets cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;4152802;
    she also said "you want to hate her but you can't"...that was so true.

anyway emily is very pretty and sweet and I think Brad likes her a lot but I feel like there's more chemistry with Chantal. It's like he wants to like Emily cuz on paper she has all the quality he wants and I think he even does like her a lot but something is missing.

so does anyone know when Michelle gets cut?
    Michelle gets cut at the F6/F4 Rose ceremony. She just missed the HTD!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."