Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions

Re: Episode Descriptions

Those examples were exceptions – as I listed in my response. We don’t know from that short description if Brad will or will not meet her parents – we’ll have to wait and see if he does and if he doesn’t why he doesn’t. It is only speculation that he doesn’t since it’s neither mentioned in the description and the previews only involved Ricki.

I too see something with Emily – I said as much after viewing this show. Brad would be lucky to have Emily, if he so chooses her.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I guess I'm confused. ....

I don't understand how it was kosher for Melissa and the other people who bev listed to decline having a parent meeting, but Emily doing so is somehow underhanded and proof-positive that she's not F1.
    I think the difference in my mind is that Melissa had told Jason that she had fallen for him and parental consent wasn't instrumental in giving him the green light for a proposal, whereas Emily has't given him a solid verbal commitment at this point.
    The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Come to think of it, were there any previews of any of the parents?
    Ashleys and Chantals parents were shown
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by kjeriss View Post
    I happen to think that this scene was one of the most genuine, real-life conversations I've ever seen on the show. Apart from the fact that Brad was talking in circles cause he wasn't 'allowed' to say what he would have otherwise. I'm not even talking about the fatigue, alcohol, blah, blah. The emotions and body language, to me, signified a lead who knew he screwed up royally...and caused a girl he cared about alot of hurt, and a girl who had finally become fed up with the process. They weren't arguing, they weren't trying to one-up each other, they were just trying, in the best way they could, to explain what the reality was at that moment, according to them. Watching Brad/Chantal interact this season, I have felt like I'm watching real scenes, real conversations, and real emotions- as opposed to the usual song and dance I've become used to on this show. I could skip the next 2 shows at this point, because it's almost painful to watch Brad try to cultivate several relationships when something so significant already exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post

I agree 100% watching that scene with Brad/Chantal was very real indeed the emotions that were on display were very raw and heartfelt on both sides...They both looked wounded.....

And the reason Chantal looked the same pre- and post-rose at the RC is I think she totally missed the "timing" comment and was expecting Brad to send her home. I don't think her feelings or what she wanted changed - but I think she thought Brad didn't reciprocate her feelings as she thought he did - and that she may just be going home as F4, and she was resigning herself to it. Hopefully next week her interactions with Brad give her the reassurance she's looking for and she goes back to feisty and confident - which I think is pretty likely if the s/cs are any indication
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    IMO He should have went after her. You could tell that she wanted him to. Brad went back to Ashley H after he could tell she was upset when he left her. Brad doesn't like to see women upset and he let her just walk away. Not to mention he canceled the cocktail party so no time to clear the air before the RC she must have been sweating bullets.
    Did you notice at the when he hugs her before she walks away that those are two different hugs that are spliced together? I would be so curious to know what we missed.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy26 View Post
    Did you notice at the when he hugs her before she walks away that those are two different hugs that are spliced together? I would be so curious to know what we missed.
    Yes!! I just screenshotted that scene because the editing was wonky, and I was wondering if it was just me that didn't get it - it was driving me crazy. Should I post it up on the s/c thread to see what people say?? I'm just afraid I'm going to get eaten alive for proposing that
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    Yes!! I just screenshotted that scene because the editing was wonky, and I was wondering if it was just me that didn't get it - it was driving me crazy. Should I post it up on the s/c thread to see what people say?? I'm just afraid I'm going to get eaten alive for proposing that
    Post it. You wouldn't get eaten alive for pointing out the obvious sloppy, choppy edit that has been employed this season.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I guess I'm confused. I was responding to the statement that Emily did not intend on being F1 since she did not set-up Brad meeting her parents, and I thought my examples were about the lead's perspective, that the guy "gets it done" if he needs it.

I agree with you that, if Brad needs to ask permission, he'll find a way to do it. Do we expect him to ask permission of all the F4's dads next week?

I don't understand how it was kosher for Melissa and the other people who bev listed to decline having a parent meeting, but Emily doing so is somehow underhanded and proof-positive that she's not F1.

It comes down to who people believe is the F1. Those people who think Emily is there just to be the next Bach'ette, then everything she does, from leaving gifts for Ricki for every day she's gone to the way she holds her body in relation to Brad, will be read as evidence that she's just giving a spectacular performance.

At this point, I don't think so. And, for what it's worth, I've acknowledged and considered and given credit to Chantal and Brantal all over this board. I also, though, see something real between Brad and Emily.
    Very good points!!

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    SC it!! WE know the edit is wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    It is a beautiful home, but I don't think it's a mansion. Maybe to some and I'm not being snarky or downplaying how awesome her home is, but it's not that uncommon around here. I'm a licensed RE agent so I know homes in this area, it seems to be mid to upper mid ranged pricing. Very beautiful though- love her kitchen!
    It was an article that described Emily as living "in the mansion she shared with Ricky before he died" so I have no idea what the writer's point of reference was. I made the comment because I have always associated grand staircases with mansions, but I have never seen photos of her house ... and I haven't seen the photos you are referring to of her kitchen.

Being an apartment dweller myself, living in a beautiful house would feel like living in a mansion to me. Sounds like you live in an area with beautiful homes within a range that many can afford.
    If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.
    Steven Wright