Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions

Re: Episode Descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Will he have another chance to meet Emily's parents before the FRC? He has said he wouldn't propose to a woman without first asking her father's permission. Even flying them in on FRC day doesn't sound like something that would be kosher in Brad's mind.

This all just lends credence IMO to the notion that Emily never had any intention of being F1.

this isn't just about Brad meeting Ricki - this is also the only opportunity he would get to meet her parents before a potential proposal = and if he doesn't meet them, then absolutey, she was never intended to be his F1.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Will he have another chance to meet Emily's parents before the FRC? He has said he wouldn't propose to a woman without first asking her father's permission. Even flying them in on FRC day doesn't sound like something that would be kosher in Brad's mind.

This all just lends credence IMO to the notion that Emily never had any intention of being F1.
    Didn't Jason call Melissa's parents to ask permission?

Didn't TPTB fly Mr. Pappas in so that Brad could talk to him about Deanna?

Didn't they fly Mr. and Mrs. Ed into Hawaii so that Jill could meet them?

There might be other dealbreakers, but I don't think that this item is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post

There might be other dealbreakers, but I don't think that this item is one of them.
    Melissa's parent chose not to be involved

Yes, but he had met Mr. Pappas during the HTD

Yes, because Ed missed the HTD before he left for 'work purposes'
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post

I think what's missing here is Brad's perspective on the situation. He's old school southern gentleman, yes ma'am, yes sir, please watch your step. The whole concept of this show stretches those boundaries, but certainly a quickie "how do you do, may I marry your daughter?" scenario isn't realistic.

Like so many other scenes, we will just have to wait to see how it all plays out.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

It is very interesting that the only description we get of Emily's date is whether or not Brad will be introduced to Ricki - when the others ladies have detailed descriptions. To me, it's because they're starting to edit the doubt about her being F1.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    It is very interesting that the only description we get of Emily's date is whether or not Brad will be introduced to Ricki - when the others ladies have detailed descriptions. To me, it's because they're starting to edit the doubt about her being F1.
    I like how tptb wrote that then showed them in the preview meeting.. sometimes I wonder WTH they are thinking when writing this, how dumb do they think we are?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I think because of the question of whether he gets to meet her/does it go well would be answered if they revealed more of the date so that's why they can't say more.

and yet the previews answered that question.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    We don't have caps of a meeting, but I am not sure we have conclusive evidence that they don't meet. I will go up thread and read the description again to see if anything in there gives us any clues. My guess on precident would be that he meets some adult in her life, either parents, siblings, aunt/uncle or friends.
    I was thinking the same thing but when Brad's says good bye to Emiy at the door, it's dark outside and no trace of anyone else (other than Ricki who's going up stairs) inside.

ETA:
    I think so too. Brad has said he would never propose to a woman without asking her father's permission first. If he doesn't meet Emily's dad, how are we supposed to suspend disbelief that he will propose to her at the FRC? He can't hardly ask Ricki's permission.

This observation makes me suspect that Emily is not F1.
    Last edited by richmondrose; 02-18-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.

I think what's missing here is Brad's perspective on the situation. He's old school southern gentleman, yes ma'am, yes sir, please watch your step. The whole concept of this show stretches those boundaries, but certainly a quickie "how do you do, may I marry your daughter?" scenario isn't realistic.

Like so many other scenes, we will just have to wait to see how it all plays out.
    I guess I'm confused. I was responding to the statement that Emily did not intend on being F1 since she did not set-up Brad meeting her parents, and I thought my examples were about the lead's perspective, that the guy "gets it done" if he needs it.

I agree with you that, if Brad needs to ask permission, he'll find a way to do it. Do we expect him to ask permission of all the F4's dads next week?

I don't understand how it was kosher for Melissa and the other people who bev listed to decline having a parent meeting, but Emily doing so is somehow underhanded and proof-positive that she's not F1.

It comes down to who people believe is the F1. Those people who think Emily is there just to be the next Bach'ette, then everything she does, from leaving gifts for Ricki for every day she's gone to the way she holds her body in relation to Brad, will be read as evidence that she's just giving a spectacular performance.

At this point, I don't think so. And, for what it's worth, I've acknowledged and considered and given credit to Chantal and Brantal all over this board. I also, though, see something real between Brad and Emily.