Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions

Re: Episode Descriptions

They need the adults - it can't be just about Ricki - she can't grill him they way mom or dad can
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I just read the release again, and it says nothing of Brad meeting anybody older than Ricki. Either they are building the drama of will he/won't he meet Rickki and think caps/talk of adults would detract from that, or he does just meet Ricki.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

a bunch of bogus drama.......

Brad's final hometown date is with Emily in Charlotte, North Carolina. This sensitive single mom must figure out if she is comfortable enough to introduce Brad to her daughter, who has never met a man she has dated. Will she be able to take this crucial step, and how will it affect her romance with Brad?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    My rationale is that Emily and Ricki are essential Emily's family. Yes, there are parents, like Jason's family and Ty, but it's a unique situation. The Hendricks are in Charlotte, so would they have Brad meet the parents of Emily's first love? I don't know where Em's parents live. I thought they were divorced and living in different places.

Max, what then of Melissa.
    Yes, I know there was Melissa, and I can see what you're saying about Ricki being her family, which is true. I thought Emily's parents lived in WV, well I know that's were they were from. I guess I just hear Brad emphasising "family being so important", I would think he'd want to meet her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    Yes, I know there was Melissa, and I can see what you're saying about Ricki being her family, which is true. I thought Emily's parents lived in WV, well I know that's were they were from. I guess I just hear Brad emphasising "family being so important", I would think he'd want to meet her parents.
    And if we don't, I'll be even more suspicious that her intentions aren't exactly pure - if they were, would'nt she want her potential man to meet her parents before he proposed to her??? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Meridith never met Ians parents either.. Only his brother & he was F1

Ian came from wealth & did not want his family on TV in Brazil.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    They need the adults - it can't be just about Ricki - she can't grill him they way mom or dad can
    I think that this situation is different.

Above anything, Em seems to want her daughter to feel comfortable with her "love" interest. We heard her say that if Ricki doesn't approve, it'll essentially kill the beast.

Emily, not her parents, has to decide if she wants Brad around and active in Ricki's life. It's also just as much about Brad being ready to take on this responsibility and being a dad as it's about him meshing with the in-laws.

In real life, I could see this scenario--just meeting the child--happening before parents were met.

Max, I think that the "family" they might be emphasizing here is the one that might form between Brad, Emily, and Ricki. If he picks Emily, then I fully expect him to meet all the necessary parents very soon
    Last edited by veg_out; 02-18-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Come to think of it, were there any previews of any of the parents?

Above anything, Em seems to want her daughter to feel comfortable with her "love" interest. We heard her say that if Ricki doesn't approve, it'll essentially kill the beast.

Emily, not her parents, has to decide if she wants Brad around and active in Ricki's life. It's also just as much about Brad being ready to take on this responsibility and being a dad as much as it's about him meshing with the in-laws.

In real life, I could see this scenario--just meeting the child--happening before parents were met.

Max, I think that the "family" they might be emphasizing here is the one that might form between Brad, Emily, and Ricki. If he picks Emily, then I fully expect him to meet all the necessary parents very soon
    Absolutley I agree.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

FORT Fogey

Emily, not her parents, has to decide if she wants Brad around and active in Ricki's life. It's also just as much about Brad being ready to take on this responsibility and being a dad as much as it's about him meshing with the in-laws.

Will he have another chance to meet Emily's parents before the FRC? He has said he wouldn't propose to a woman without first asking her father's permission. Even flying them in on FRC day doesn't sound like something that would be kosher in Brad's mind.

This all just lends credence IMO to the notion that Emily never had any intention of being F1.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl