Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions

Re: Episode Descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4147150;
    So Chantal's afraid of the water and her first 1:1 is an underwater date. NOT a coincidence! Did Brad know? IDK, but what an amazing immediate bonding experience for them. Chantal is afraid and Brad is the big protector -- just lean on me, I'll take care of you, it'll be OK.

Does this count as an adrenaline date?
    Well for her it sure does!

Seriously, this show is such a parody of itself. They know she's afraid of water so obviously she gets the date where they're underwater wearing giant helmets. I understand it's for the drama and hysterics and everything, and it'll be adorable to watch a protective Brad but oh gosh, so predictable!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Adorable? I find it horrifying. Not only do they put her under water, they later put her in a sharks cage. That just seems cruel - unless her fear of water was equivalent to Ali's fear of flying.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4147239;
    Adorable? I find it horrifying. Not only do they put her under water, they later put her in a sharks cage. That just seems cruel - unless her fear of water was equivalent to Ali's fear of flying.
    I think she'll be okay with Brad next to her

I'm not saying the show's not cruel, but they knew they would be manipulated when they signed up - so that's the best she's got
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4147250;
    I think she'll be okay with Brad next to her

I'm not saying the show's not cruel, but they knew they would be manipulated when they signed up - so that's the best she's got
    LOL. Pretty much. She must have survived okay if they're engaged and Brad is running around naming future grandkids.

Oh but jelle good point about Ali. I also wonder if Chantal's level of fear is directly correlated to the hotness of the man next to her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4147253;
    LOL. Pretty much. She must have survived okay if they're engaged and Brad is running around naming future grandkids.

Oh but jelle good point about Ali. I also wonder if Chantal's level of fear is directly correlated to the hotness of the man next to her.
    I think that's Ali - Chantal doesn't seem to be the kind of person to fake that to get someone's attention
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

This was my first thought when I saw that Chantal has a fear of water, and gets the underwater dates ... they really pumped up Ali's fear of flying (never goes on vacations with family, etc.), and then she is happily jetting everywhere.

I would have just said "no". (thank you Mrs. Regan!)
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Press Release
    WILL MICHELLE'S LEAP OF FAITH AND CHANTAL'S DIVE TO THE DEPTHS OF THE OCEAN
    KEEP THEM IN THE HUNT FOR THE ROSES, AS BRAD CONTINUES THE SEARCH FOR
    HIS SOULMATE?, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR," MONDAY, JANUARY 24

A Lively Session on a Popular Radio Show Uncovers One Woman's Shocking Secret

Emily Get Special Time with Brad, Enraging the Other Bachelorettes

"Episode 1504" - The drama continues to escalate as 14 fortunate bachelorettes try to stake their claim to Brad's heart. But the week gets off to a mysterious start when one baffled bachelorette wakes up with a black eye - and has no clue about how she got it. Did she fall while sleep walking or is it just a disturbing ploy to get Brad's attention? The Bachelor has an underwater fantasy in mind when he takes Chantal on a one-on-one date to beautiful Catalina Island, but the thought of submerging to the ocean floor has the nervous bachelorette wondering if she left her sense of adventure on shore. A group of the ladies have one of the most revealing dates of the season as they join Brad as guests on an emotional radio show where secrets are uncovered about the women's love lives. And the bruised Michelle finds out she must take a courageous leap of faith with Brad or risk falling from his favor. Finally, Emily becomes the target of fiery jealousy among the women when Brad offers her a special picnic right before the rose ceremony, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, JANUARY 24 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

A thrilled Chantal was the recipient of the first individual date, but little did she know that the date card message -"How deep is your love?" - would be actually be a nightmare for her. Arriving with Brad by helicopter to Catalina Island, she discovers that they'll be donning wet suits and diver helmets and plunging to the ocean floor for the scenic stroll of a lifetime. However, it turns out that Chantal has a phobia about water. Will this normally self-assured bachelorette conquer her fear with Brad, or will her chance for romance be lost at sea?

The next day Brad takes nine lucky women on a date they won't soon forget. They arrive at a radio station where they discover they'll be guests on "Loveline" with Dr. Drew & Psycho Mike, the famed talk show where the hosts dig deep into matters of the heart. In the revealing session, one woman discloses a shocking secret that could jeopardize her relationship with Brad. The intense drama continues at the after party where another bachelorette melts down when she thinks her connection to the Bachelor is fading. However, a reserved woman finally opens up to Brad about her feelings for him, which might boost her chances of getting a rose.

The following day Brad picks up his "black-eyed" date, Michelle, for their one-on-one date, but she seethes with resentment when Brad takes time away from her to first reassure one sensitive woman that their connection is real. Michelle is infuriated that she is losing time with Brad because some other bachelorette can't keep her emotions in check. But finally Brad whisks Michelle away in a helicopter to the top of a skyscraper in downtown Los Angeles. Once he reveals that they will be rappelling down the side of the building, Michelle grows weak in the knees. Can she overcome her fear of heights and take a real leap of faith with Brad, or will she fall from grace?

Brad is overwhelmed by all the connections he is feeling with a number of women and consults his therapist, who assures Brad that he owes it to himself - as well as to the women - to explore the bonds he is forming with them. Heeding his therapist's advice, Brad pulls out the delighted Emily for a surprise picnic in front of the mansion during the cocktail reception, causing a massive outpouring of envy and resentment from the other women and bringing one to tears.

After a tense rose ceremony, 11 women remain to begin the fabulous worldwide travel with Brad. The first stop is Las Vegas.

The 14 women are:

Alli, 24, an apparel merchant from Columbus, OH
    Ashley H., 26, a dentist from Philadelphia, PA
    Ashley S., 26, a nanny from New York, NY
    Britt, 25, a food writer from Woodinville, WA
    Chantal, 28, an executive assistant from Seattle, WA
    Emily, 24, a children's hospital event planner from Charlotte, NC
    Jackie, 27, an artist from New York, NY
    Lindsay, 25, a first grade teacher from Plano, TX
    Lisa M., 24, a marketing coordinator from Ottawa, KS
    Marissa, 26, a sports publicist from Kissimmee, FL
    Meghan, 30, a fashion marketer from New York, NY
    Michelle, 30, a hairstylist from Salt Lake City, UT
    Shawntel, 25, a funeral director from Chico, CA
    Stacey, 26, a bartender from Boston, MA
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Wow, they really are pulling out and exploiting all the fears and phobias this season. It also reads like Mother Teresa is no longer in the mix as jealousy overcomes all the warm fuzzies toward Emily. Is it Chantal Brad speaks to while Melissa waits and waits and waits? This is going to be good!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Is Emily on the group date next week? If not, then that could be why Brad pulls her aside for a picnic at the pre-rc party.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."