Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4145860;
    I respectfully disagree with you. The bachelors and bachelorettes have kept people around to the end to explore every possibility even though the F2might get hurt or had been hurt in the past.
    Producers could be "asking" him to keep her around, but I doubt it. Emily and Chantal are both quality women, but they are so different. Both have qualities he sees in them that could make them a good wife for him. He has to explore which one is right and would be the best fit for him in his life. He is trying to follow his heart and his head. Ashley H is way too immature for him and Shawntel doesn't have enough of a connection. This means that Emily could be the F2 (if spoilers are right) despite the fact that she is getting over Ricky's death and has a precious child. Remember Fleiss will get everybody rooting for her because of that only to pull the rug out when it doesn't happen. People will blame Brad and call him insensitive. Remember that Brad is just doing what he has to do to find the right woman. The rest is Fleiss and the edit. I don't doubt Brad, his motives, or Babyface C's description of what really happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4145904;
    The question that kept popping into my head while reading this thread was -- 'why are Emily's feelings more important that Chantal's feelings?'. I can't think of an F2 that ever got dumped and people were happy about it. Somebody is going to get hurt. It's the way this show is designed. It's unavoidable. It's how Fleiss gets his next retread lead. Make everybody fall in love with one contestant just to get their heart crushed at the FRC and come back next season for their happy ending, and to crush somebody else's heart.

Emily deserves a happy ending. So does Chantal. So does Brad, and everybody else on this stupid show. It's better not to get too wrapped up in a certain outcome because that's asking to have your own heart broken.

Just one person's humble opinion.
    ITA with both of you! Brad might be the kindest/most sensitive bach EVAH but it doesn't mean he's exempt from the nature of the beast - I suspect that Emily F2 might've been partially his feelings, although he says he fell hard for Chantal early, on paper Emily seems like a good fit for him, so he might be keeping her around to try to make sure who's good for him Also, I have no doubt TPTB might've played into the order of who was F2/F3 - if Brad was considering letting her go at F3 since that's usually the actual F2, feelings-wise? And they convinced him to keep her till F2 to give the heartbroken B/ette edit?

I don't think either of the ladies deserve their heart broken, but what I do know is that they would both of them do just fine outside the Bach bubble after they were rejected - as much as Brad says he fell in love hard during the show, I suspect he and his F1 fell in more realistic love after the show closed, while his F2 very quickly got over it once the crazy atmosphere and the handlers and basically the show was out of her system.

JMHO
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;4145997;
    Emily has all the elements required for lovable F3 (isn't it F3 that is usually fan favorite?). CL would probably have been F3 if Frank hadn't bailed too. Her tragic back story definitely helps her case as a Bette contender. She has definitely been given a squeaky clean edit so far. I must admit when CH pegs someone early on and tells us we are going to fall in love with them or hear more about them it is time to get the red flags out.
    Yep, the lovable edit has normally been the F3. F2 has been the physical chemisty edit for a number of different seasons ... Charlie , Bevin, Jenni, Andrew Firestone's F2 (can't remember her name), et al. Frank would have been had he not taken himself out.

So, speaking of Frank, we have seen what TPTB can do, he wanted out earlier and somehow they were able to get him to stay. And that's what I am saying: Brad said TPTB didn't force him to keep anyone, he fell hard and early, he could have easily taken Ashley H or Shawntel to F2, but he didn't; he knows what backlash looks like, he has seen the hurtful results of his decisions and how they affect the women.

So, like I originally said,(1) either a deal was made with Emily in on it (like what Alana said to keep her in front of the camera for the following B'ette season), (2) Brad is not as sensitive as I think he is, or (3) RS is wrong.

I am not saying that Emily's feelings are more important than anyone else's, I am saying that given what Brad has been through, he knows the drill, that he would be very sensitive to who his F2 is knowing the pain she will endure if she did fall in love with him, knowing Emily has the tragic backstory. And maybe that's the answer right there, he knew that Emily wasn't falling, and so she wouldn't be hurt by it.

At this point, I wish he would have taken Michelle to F2. He certainly wouldn't get any backlash choosing Chantal over her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4146105;
    Yep, the lovable edit has normally been the F3. F2 has been the physical chemisty edit for a number of different seasons ... Charlie , Bevin, Jenni, Andrew Firestone's F2 (can't remember her name), et al. Frank would have been had he not taken himself out.

So, speaking of Frank, we have seen what TPTB can do, he wanted out earlier and somehow they were able to get him to stay. And that's what I am saying: Brad said TPTB didn't force him to keep anyone, he fell hard and early, he could have easily taken Ashley H or Shawntel to F2, but he didn't; he knows what backlash looks like, he has seen the hurtful results of his decisions and how they affect the women.

So, like I originally said,(1) either a deal was made with Emily in on it (like what Alana said to keep her in front of the camera for the following B'ette season), (2) Brad is not as sensitive as I think he is, or (3) RS is wrong.

I am not saying that Emily's feelings are more important than anyone else's, I am saying that given what Brad has been through, he knows the drill, that he would be very sensitive to who his F2 is knowing the pain she will endure if she did fall in love with him, knowing Emily has the tragic backstory. And maybe that's the answer right there, he knew that Emily wasn't falling, and so she wouldn't be hurt by it.

At this point, I wish he would have taken Michelle to F2. He certainly wouldn't get any backlash choosing Chantal over her.
    Re: first bolded... MAYBE Emily was in on it, maybe not - either way, I don't think she fell for Brad that hard - not that she might not have been interested, but I don't see Emily as the type of person to fall hard in six weeks in a bubble, she has too much responsibility and she's too careful from what she's been portrayed.

TPTB might or might not have started courting her as the next B/ette during the season itself - after all they have no idea how she would do in this setting after all she's been through, but they may have had some say in Brad taking her that far after realizing that they wanted her as the next B/ette.

What I see so far, one potential edit may just be that Brad realizes Chantal's already IN love and Emily's getting there much slower - and whether he wants to take that risk - and he chooses the "safe" edit

Re: Michelle - that would be an ending with ZERO backlash... You should write the show, Bet2Win
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Y'all are forgetting the part that Ashley will play at the point of F3

May not be so cut and dry as we are being led to believe
    Last edited by Capegal; 01-12-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4146162;

The twist we never see coming. Might just help steer Brad in the direction he ultimately takes.

What are you hinting at CG?

Does anyone think that maybe Emily leaves at the F3 and Ashley H. is the real F2?

I agree. They also have to keep their options open regarding next season's Bette. They don't want to put all of their eggs in one basket again.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4146177;
    Does anyone think that maybe Emily leaves at the F3 and Ashley H. is the real F2?
    Could be that Ashley had very strong feelings for Brad. For him to let her go at that point was the kinder thing to do. Much like DeAnna let Jeremy go at F3. Who knows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4146105;

I have been thinking about Emily's "edit" (for lack of a better word) and would Brad hurt her again, etc. I hope I can convey in words what I am thinking.

So here goes...you know we have Emily's backstory right there played out on TV for us. But what does Brad know/feel at this point in the process? He is seeing more to Emily than that at this point? I also I don't think Emily's feelings are more or LESS important than anyone else's. But perhaps Brad saw more than just a tragic backstory. Maybe that isn't the only thing that defines Emily. Remember Chris L said he decided not to do the Bachelor in part because of the way he was portrayed...i.e. one dimensional, always talking about his mom's death, etc

I guess what I am trying to say is although Brad knows about Emily and her backstory, perhaps that is not going to be the only factor in is decision to let her go at F2? I hope that made sense. We tend to zero in on the edit and don't take in all other considerations.