Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4145628;
    Maybe production has something to do with that? I went back this afternoon and checked. Beginning with Matt's season (at least), the group rose for Ep. 2 has never gone to the F1. It went to Chelsea, Jeremy, Molly, Mike, Rozlyn, and Ty, and now Emily.
    IA.
    If the protagonist knows who he wants to pick, you don't have to give that person the group rose and for the drama and the flow of the show it is probably best not to.
    The protagonist already has in his mind he is reserving a rose for that person. Or those 2 persons.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4145771;
    I feel that the edit can be thrown out the window, because it seems to me that they are mixing things up now. Started with Ali season, you can see a little of every season in one show now.
    No, he is still editing with the same patterns. He is just nuancing it a bit. The basic principles are still the same. Study of all past seasons from Bachelor 1 through Bachelorette 6 is helpful as you can see how season is similar to others which should help you find the right pattern and roles for the final three. We have only seen two episodes. It is too soon to completely analyze the edit until Emily, Shawntel and Chantal have also had their one on one dates and we see more in the house. It will begin to take shape. Ali's season was actually similar in a lot of ways to Meredith's season in Bachelorette season 2, so it wasn't out in left field. If you google each season, there is a bachelor recap where they talk about the finale, but it gives a good reminder of the dynamic of the shows past. Also, VH1 sometimes does bachelor and bachelorette marathons where they air the past seasons. He will always recycle patterns and themes as there are limited options for new ways to edit since as an editor he has to follow the same rules for storytelling that a movie maker or romance author has to follow. Thus the edit patterns. Like I said, he can slightly combine some to try to make things less obvious, but the patterns are the same and knowing their basics helps you spot them.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4145860;
    I respectfully disagree with you. The bachelors and bachelorettes have kept people around to the end to explore every possibility even though the F2might get hurt or had been hurt in the past. Trista knew Charlie had real feelings and yet she kept him over Russ who didn't because she wanted to make sure she was right even though she thought about Ryan's FD when on the date with the others (sure sign that he was F1,) DeAnna kept Jason, a divorced single dad to F2 only to choose Jason and the boards passed around the same thoughts that she must have chosen him because she wouldn't keep a single dad on that long if she wasn't going to choose him, well...
    Tenley was Jake's F2 even though he knew that a broken heart so soon after divorce would be devastating for her. Producers could be "asking" him to keep her around, but I doubt it. Emily and Chantal are both quality women, but they are so different. Both have qualities he sees in them that could make them a good wife for him. He has to explore which one is right and would be the best fit for him in his life. He is trying to follow his heart and his head. Ashley H is way too immature for him and Shawntel doesn't have enough of a connection. This means that Emily could be the F2 (if spoilers are right) despite the fact that she is getting over Ricky's death and has a precious child. Remember Fleiss will get everybody rooting for her because of that only to pull the rug out when it doesn't happen. People will blame Brad and call him insensitive. Remember that Brad is just doing what he has to do to find the right woman. The rest is Fleiss and the edit. I don't doubt Brad, his motives, or Babyface C's description of what really happened. I try not to root so that I can see things how they are and not how I want them to be which allows be to be tricked by Fleiss. Also, not rooting allows me to see the love story, even if it is partially hidden in the edit. Staying analytical also helps me keep from being too emotionally engaged in one of the characters to the point of blaming the bachelor or being angry with the outcome. It keeps the season in perspective and helps me put myself in Brad's shoes in his decisions.
    Thank you! ITA.

The question that kept popping into my head while reading this thread was -- 'why are Emily's feelings more important that Chantal's feelings?'. I can't think of an F2 that ever got dumped and people were happy about it. Somebody is going to get hurt. It's the way this show is designed. It's unavoidable. It's how Fleiss gets his next retread lead. Make everybody fall in love with one contestant just to get their heart crushed at the FRC and come back next season for their happy ending, and to crush somebody else's heart.

Emily deserves a happy ending. So does Chantal. So does Brad, and everybody else on this stupid show. It's better not to get too wrapped up in a certain outcome because that's asking to have your own heart broken.

Just one person's humble opinion.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 01-12-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4145628;
    Maybe production has something to do with that? I went back this afternoon and checked. Beginning with Matt's season (at least), the group rose for Ep. 2 has never gone to the F1. It went to Chelsea, Jeremy, Molly, Mike, Rozlyn, and Ty, and now Emily.
    I thought the group rose went to Michelle since it was her Birthday..

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4145904;
    Thank you! ITA.

The question that kept popping into my head while reading this thread was -- 'why are Emily's feelings more important that Chantal's feelings?'. I can't think of an F2 that ever got dumped and people were happy about it. Somebody is going to get hurt. It's the way this show is designed. It's unavoidable. It's how Fleiss gets his next retread lead. Make everybody fall in love with one contestant just to get their heart crushed at the FRC and come back next season for their happy ending, and to crush somebody else's heart.

Emily deserves a happy ending. So does Chantal. So does Brad, and everybody else on this stupid show. It's better not to get too wrapped up in a certain outcome because that's asking to have your own heart broken.

Just one person's humble opinion.
    Is it possible that TBTB tell the lead sometimes that they can help the F2 secure a spot as the next Bach/ette if they keep them until the end? Thereby making it less palatable to take a vulnerable person (Tenley, Emily, Jason) to the Finale?

I respectfully disagree with you. The bachelors and bachelorettes have kept people around to the end to explore every possibility even though the F2might get hurt or had been hurt in the past. Trista knew Charlie had real feelings and yet she kept him over Russ who didn't because she wanted to make sure she was right even though she thought about Ryan's FD when on the date with the others (sure sign that he was F1,) DeAnna kept Jason, a divorced single dad to F2 only to choose Jason and the boards passed around the same thoughts that she must have chosen him because she wouldn't keep a single dad on that long if she wasn't going to choose him, well...
    Tenley was Jake's F2 even though he knew that a broken heart so soon after divorce would be devastating for her. Producers could be "asking" him to keep her around, but I doubt it. Emily and Chantal are both quality women, but they are so different. Both have qualities he sees in them that could make them a good wife for him. He has to explore which one is right and would be the best fit for him in his life. He is trying to follow his heart and his head. Ashley H is way too immature for him and Shawntel doesn't have enough of a connection. This means that Emily could be the F2 (if spoilers are right) despite the fact that she is getting over Ricky's death and has a precious child. Remember Fleiss will get everybody rooting for her because of that only to pull the rug out when it doesn't happen. People will blame Brad and call him insensitive. Remember that Brad is just doing what he has to do to find the right woman. The rest is Fleiss and the edit. I don't doubt Brad, his motives, or Babyface C's description of what really happened. I try not to root so that I can see things how they are and not how I want them to be which allows be to be tricked by Fleiss. Also, not rooting allows me to see the love story, even if it is partially hidden in the edit. Staying analytical also helps me keep from being too emotionally engaged in one of the characters to the point of blaming the bachelor or being angry with the outcome. It keeps the season in perspective and helps me put myself in Brad's shoes in his decisions.
    Respectfully, I know all too well what has happened in past seasons and what MF does to make F2 look wonderful and throw F1 and the lead under the bus. I'm absolutely for exploring all possibilities and remain very open minded. To me half the fun is the puzzle and trying to understand what is going through the lead's mind, just like you.

Brad's elation at the outcome is clear for all the world to see. Given all the introspection we have seen from Brad this season my question is this : Is Brad the type of person that could be that inhibited with his joy if he knew he truly hurt his F2? Now what we are shown on the show is another matter entirely! My own suspicions are that he knows his F2 is totally OK and not at home slitting her wrists and this gives him the liberty to bask in his new found love. This introverted guy has undergone a complete personality change afterall!

ETA: Alex..absolutely agree Chantals feelings are just as important as Emily's!
    Last edited by REIDISCOOL; 01-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;4145917;
    I thought the group rose went to Michelle since it was her Birthday..
    Hey, everybody! Y'all are right! I wrote down the past Ep. 2 group roses (which I had gone back and checked) and picked up Emily out of my mind without remembering that her rose came from a special occasion rather than from the group occurrence. Sorry!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvstx;4145923;
    Is it possible that TBTB tell the lead sometimes that they can help the F2 secure a spot as the next Bach/ette if they keep them until the end? Thereby making it less palatable to take a vulnerable person (Tenley, Emily, Jason) to the Finale?
    Anything is possible. This is Fleiss we're talking about here!

In the case of Jason, absolutely. DeAnna has told us he was originally going to leave at F4, until Graham threw a wrench into the works. In Tenley's case, I'm not sure Jake really cared about anybody but Jake, and she wasn't the first choice for bette (I don't think she was even asked -- Ali was chomping at the bit, and the first choice). In Brad's case, I'm not so sure. He has said he went into each relationship sincerely and took it to its natural conclusion (my words, not his). I believe whoever is F2 this season is somebody Brad had very strong feelings for.

TPTB can edit all these people any way they want. Heck, they could probably make Michelle lovable to some if she ended up F2. They have miles and miles of footage of each person and they pick and choose what makes it to air. In the case of Emily, they started her lovable, tragic storyline right out of the gate, right from the pre-season clips. She's an obvious F2 to me.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4145770;
    Only thing is, he said he fell hard and early on. So, he would have to take Emily all the way to F2 knowing he fell hard and early on. This is what doesn't make sense to me ... knowing what Emily has been through, to take her that far, and knowing, seeing, living how hurt DeAnna and Jenni were without the tragic backstory.

So either there was a deal, and Emily was in on it; Brad is not as sensitive as I think he is; or RS is wrong.
    And no one believed that Deanna would take Jason all the way to F2 and not choose him - and she admitted herself afterwards that he was supposed to leave at F4, until Graham changed the lineup. I always believe in producer manipulation, and them deciding who gets how far, based on future seasons they hope to produce.

Brad is a contracted employee of ABC/MF right now (and is being compensated handsomely) and will do as any good employee would do. Hell, Chris Harrison has lied through his teeth for seasons, and we’re to believe that Brad is being 100% truthful?? I don’t’ buy it.
    Last edited by anders332; 01-12-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Great Post! I so believe that Brad and either of the F2 would have a shot in real life. I wouldn't blame him for keeping both to make the best decision for him and for both F2. I wish all three the best.